Search results

1. One Pocket Ghost

Donn vs. Pete 1 wwyd?

Correct Whitey....and re. my not having taken a pic from that angle...a solution occurred to me 💡... I took the 4th/final pic that you see in my original post and turned it upside down...this results in presenting/viewing the angle towards the unavailable 2-rail bank...in doing this, the pic...
  2. One Pocket Ghost

Tuesday July 28th 7pm central-Justin Bergman vs Danny Harriman-Full Rack Banks Old School Style 😲

That is 100% correct Dave - as shown by the fact that he was the Derby City bank pool champion about 15 years ago...I didn't watch this recent match, but if a commentator said Danny wasn't a bank pool player, he doesn't know what he's talking about....bank pool and straight pool were always...
  3. One Pocket Ghost

Donn vs. Pete 1 wwyd?

Correct Bill - the 15 was slightly blocking the 2-railer....Pete looked at it, determined that, and moved on to look at the other options.
  4. One Pocket Ghost

Donn vs. Pete 1 wwyd?

Pete's shot --- his pocket is at the top right --- ball score is 4-3 Donn ahead, both going to 8 --- Pete has some interesting aggressive and moving options here --- the 10 does pass the 11ball cross-corner to your pocket --- wwyd? ----->
  5. One Pocket Ghost

Donn vs. John 12 wwyd?

👻
  6. One Pocket Ghost

Donn vs. John 12 wwyd?

^ No, not really - he hit it at about pocket-speed... Good of you to admit it Kyb (y) Donn's cueball, using max. outside english, naturally hit the 1ball full on it's left side --- the 1ball then hit the long rail, then the head rail and ended up where you see it --- the cueball...
  7. One Pocket Ghost

Donn vs. John 12 wwyd?

Yeah, uhuh - 1" in either direction and he ends up with a simple second shot...... But ok there Nostradamus, can you do me a favor then, and tell me when we'll have a reliable vaccine for this Covid?...and also would ya please tell me the winning Illinois Lotto numbers for this weeks big 7...
  8. One Pocket Ghost

Donn vs. John 12 wwyd?

9. One Pocket Ghost

Donn vs. John 12 wwyd?

Well, Donn chose the shot-option that most of youse guys also liked here = banking the 13 straight to his pocket....Donn ginned the bank/split the pocket....but after his cueball caromed off of the 1ball, he was hard luck in that he couldn't see either the 4ball or the 7ball afterwards - and...
  10. One Pocket Ghost

John vs. Barry 9 - wwyd?

Read post #66.
  11. One Pocket Ghost

Donn vs. John 12 wwyd?

...did a guy named Kentucky banks just say he's gonna pass on a short cross-corner bank, and play a safety instead? :oops: - Jackie Chan
  12. One Pocket Ghost

Top U.S. players 2020: Comments welcome

Bro, only if you want to increase the honorable mention list to 25, so it includes all of the guys who play even with, if not better than Olinger & R. Frost...a few that come to mind are: Richie Richeson, Shane Winters, Chris Gentile, Shannon Murphy, Jonathan Pinegar, Amar Kang, Tyler Styer...
  13. One Pocket Ghost

Donn vs. John 12 wwyd?

Donn's shot --- his pocket is at the bottom right, behind the cueball --- score is 1 - 0, John ahead, both going to 8 --- Donn has several good shot options here --- wwyd? >>>
  14. One Pocket Ghost

John vs. Barry 9 - wwyd?

I'll tell him Billy...he's a tough old grinder like a lot of us on here (y) You're welcome John - glad to provide.
  15. One Pocket Ghost

John vs. Barry 9 - wwyd?

^ Larry & Terry As Chris said, and just as I was speaking of last week re. that other wwyd?, Barry's shot was another example of a shot where extreme outside english gets the job done....Barry very softly max.-spun his cueball, which after hitting the foot rail hit the long rail, and then came...
  16. One Pocket Ghost

John vs. Barry 9 - wwyd?

Yeah Chris, if it was my shot I'd either play the 9ball carom-bank off of the 10, or bank the 15 and come across for the 6 next.
  17. One Pocket Ghost

John vs. Barry 9 - wwyd?

Brother Chris, good call, that is eggzactly what Barry did...and he managed to hit it perfect = he got the 6ball right in front of his pocket, and he got his cueball evenly centered behind the stack where John is blocked from kicking out the 6, either from the long rail or the foot...
  18. One Pocket Ghost

John vs. Barry 9 - wwyd?

And btw...once again, the shot that the shooter (Barry in this case) chose, hasn't been mentioned yet.
  19. One Pocket Ghost

Top U.S. players 2020: Comments welcome

I believe Skylar & John Schmidt belong on the Honorable Mention list... Also, Billy Thorpe still makes a lot of moving mistakes = I don't think he is necessarily the favorite over Frost or Bergman.