Search results

1. L

November 16-19 Buffalos Open One Pocket tournament

I know a very smart guy who once said, "NO politics!"
  2. L

November 16-19 Buffalos Open One Pocket tournament

Steve's commentating is always very good. Better than a couple of the Semi-pros we hear a lot.
  3. L

Rule Question

The restriction there is about jumping. It says nothing about limiting the characteristics of cues that may be used for other purposes. And besides, I like to argue. 🤪 Nothing will shut me up faster than agreeing with me.
  4. L

Mr. Yapp

Just curious How Aloysius Yapp pronounces his first name. 50 Years and more ago the name was not as uncommon as it is now. I only heard it pronounced as Al-oh-ee-shus. I'm only hearing Mr. Yapp's name pronounced Alloy-shus. Wondering whether this is his chosen pronunciation, or our error.
  5. L

Rule Question

Hi Larry The "intent of the rule" must not be to disallow all cues but our one playing cue because lots of people bring two or more to the table and switch from time to time. I wouldn't mind that being ruled out, but it apparently hasn't been. I'd say that Tennessee's putter is ok unless...
  6. L

8th Annual Seniors One Pocket Tournament Bogies Billiards Houston, Tx.

Really? Reading negative comments is grueling? In that case, maybe we can call it grueling to watch a match for several hours, wondering what the ball and games score is. Dude, I know you work your ass off to make this stuff happen. I just think you dropped the ball on this one.
  7. L

I hear it is pretty grueling what some people have to do to earn $29.95 or $100.
  8. L

Wow. Ray sold tickets to this tournament but decided he didn't need to cover it if he got sleepy. And he is the designated TD by the way.
  9. L

I'd have pissed my money away on Matlock and Parica. Is this the first time anyone ever accused you of being smart? :love:
  10. L

There are some cute political names for people who want stuff to be free as long as it's someone else's money paying for it.
  11. L

"Ray might have no choice." That's true, but the one choice is not how to manage time. It will be ending the Senior tournament on his PPV list.
  12. L

This is what happens when I try to delete a post I've started. Your mileage may vary.
  13. L

It was a very long match, and I got to thinking to myself :unsure: matches tend to go really long when they are both trying to dump. :LOL: (They both hit 80% of their shots as well as ever, but that other 20% showed some real doozies.)
  14. L

Lookin' at the entry list I was reminded of the first time I saw Parica. It was at Dan Tull's place in Olathe in '95 or '96. I was watching him gambling with Grady, and a couple of guys sitting behind me were trying to figure out what the hell game they were "trying" to play. After just a...
  15. L

Nah Bill, just my manis, no pedis.
  16. L

Tell me about it. You answered your own question about where I've been. :rolleyes:
  17. L

I'd like to come, because I REALLY need the money, but I have a manicure scheduled for that weekend.
  18. L

Hard Times Chuck Markulis Memorial Finals

Especially if they've watched a couple of hundred hours of 1P video, like what wasn't available to straight-shootin' suckers in the good old days. Hell, I used to.... um..... maybe not.
  19. L

MOT Group Photo

Different extension, Billy