Search results

1. crabbcatjohn

Official sign up list for 2024 MOT at Railyard Billiards, Louisville, KY

The scheduling works. Where we played put the ultimate test to the scheduling because we only used 8 tables all with tight pockets. I would start a new thread for the next one
  2. crabbcatjohn

The TV table there is well known for playing tighter than the others. They were all purchased the same time before they opened from diamond with the same pockets so they weren't shimmed later. So they are all 4- 5 yrs old.. Tv table seemed to bank fine to me. Louie does the cloth and was trained...
  3. crabbcatjohn

Some of them were bank players. Earl Age , Earl Age lll, are a few
  4. crabbcatjohn

We have always picked up local players to fill spots. I also new Kenny from Chicago and his speed and he was going to be there all weekend anyway.. I watched him play weaker members for free the night before "as he also did afterward" so to me he was already part of the group as well as the...
  5. crabbcatjohn

Steve forgot to mention the thumbs up in the group photo was a show of support for our brother Matt. Roberts shirt in the middle says the Comeback!
  6. crabbcatjohn

Great pics and congrats Robert! Sorry I missed it but I couldn't get away from my project today. Until next time my friend! Look forward to the group photos Steve.
  7. crabbcatjohn

Trip report: Lots of killers fell today. Including the 1st and 2nd opening bid players and me...lol. They went for 500 and 700 in the auction. Newkirk in fine form as usual playing the best local talent all this week. He never seems to get tired... 😆 Arizona Jay dealing....Lou in stroke and...
  8. crabbcatjohn

Link for Railyard members Livestream

Must see tv tomorrow...
  9. crabbcatjohn

They way it looks we will have 6 losers and 2 winners this morning. Start at the top. I'll be there about 11:30 and start matches for any early birds wanting to get going. And yes Lou you will be one of the first matches.. . First two matches are Ben and Jay, Chris and Lou on the TV table...
  10. crabbcatjohn

Yes, but yours will most likely be second round today. But we will have a open table so we will run at least 1 winner early. Sorry if its confusing this time
  11. crabbcatjohn

If we would have played 2 losers rounds we would have lost half the field the first day instead of 8... weve not done that in any of the 32 player 6 .org tournaments I've played in.. After Chicago was the first time we even played 1 elimination round. Before that we didnt want to eliminate...
  12. crabbcatjohn

Yea, Kyle was a trooper. He was getting told two different things about running matches I found out. We also should have had a paper bracket which would have been easier than a lone man having to type in everything off a laptop while trying to play. I guarantee he was tired also playing his...
  13. crabbcatjohn

Been happening as a recruitment incentive for the last 3 or 4 years. It needs worked on a little more. I discussed it some with Steve and it will be looked at again in a open discussion after the tournament is over. We did get like 10 new members this week.
  14. crabbcatjohn

How many of these you think I've ran.. lol. The plan was always for each player to play 2 matches. This is the same way we have ran the last 5 or 6 tournaments. This also meant that a good many players would be out the first day which is disappointing to travel so far and get curbed the first...
  15. crabbcatjohn

Best moment of the tournament when I saw Chuck and he introduced himself. Took me a few seconds until I realized it was Redcard!
  16. crabbcatjohn

New to forum - question - short rack

You mean 7ft?