Search results

1. E

"the art of one pocket" mod

took my copy of steve's great book to the print shop the other day, and this is what they came up with I'm excited to take it to the table, now with the benefit of being able to keep my hands on my cue :) shout out to tom wirth and his book, not sure if I'd have thought of spiralizing "art"...
  2. E

WWYD #328297

from ed hobbs vs. mike deitchman ed's up 1-0 race to 4 game 2 score is 3-3 mike shooting, his pocket is top left what would you do?
  3. E

action match- 4/15 8pm ed hobbs vs mike deitchman

will be streamed on fb and youtube, chalkbox productions
  4. E

why settle for tony and alex, when you could watch me and aaron?

we're playing tuesdays- mostly 8-ball and rotation, but to my delight, aaron is often nice enough to humor me and play some 1hole as will be evident if you deign to watch, we are both very much amateurs, but I for sure care way more about one pocket than my pal that said, we have fun and are...
  5. E

1p etiquette- ?

contrasting ball colors atop the rack make it easier to see between the head ball and second ball to break, si? my question is: when racking for an opponent, is it the standard etiquette to rack for them in this way? and speaking of 1p etiquette, what else should a potential player know about...
  6. E

bank the seven, go three rails behind the one

fyi if you haven't watched this match, I don't want to spoil it for you.. otherwise, I'm curious about this shot/playing safe going three rails- I've seen it before, just wondering about the process of shooting it seems fairly predictable, but I'm also not smart enough to take it on is it just...
  7. E

who does a smaller pocket size favor, the mover, or the shooter?

watching this interview with frosty and he's saying smaller pocket is better for the 1p mover..is it?
  8. E

does jayson shaw play much?

just occurred that I've rarely seen his name mentioned re: 1p, maybe derby? more curious now, that straight-shooting brethren filler and gorst are doing damage
  9. E

ACCU-STATS VIDEO PRODUCTIONS WELCOMES NEW OWNER

news! https://www.azbilliards.com/accu-stats-video-productions-welcomes-new-owner/
  10. E

this great game

a pal of mine and I have regular sessions, usually once a week we've played 1p in the past, but not lately..typical fare is 8-ball and rotation today's session was going well, we were enjoying our time and space feeling frisky, I asked, "hey, how about we play some one pocket?" he was up for...
  11. E

why is this a foul? (can salim vs. sky woodward)

SPOILER ALERT...video jumps to match in progress
  12. E

keith mccready interview

fun chat..1hole discussed around 43:00
  13. E

one pocket rules from 1970

picked up an old book this past weekend..kinda fun
  14. E

what's the best pocket size/dimensions for 1p?

whaddya like?
  15. E

Alex Lely coaching NY May 29th - June 5th

not sure he's coaching 1p per se, but for anybody interested- Alexlelycoaching.com
  16. E

about 1p etiquette

just saw one pro give another pro the last five balls when that player got a shot and was shooting for the match, up two games to one in a race to three I guess it's player 1's prerogative to get it over with, and maybe the result would have remained unchanged if they'd played it out, maybe not...
  17. E

shot clock influence

sort of related to the thread below about older gen players competing with newer but it was brought up on azb that a shot clock helps more knowledgeable players kind of makes sense..if you know, you don't have to think about it..agree?
  18. E

1p in the philippines- ?

at any given time, I can't guess how many rotation games are being played there makes sense given their history, and that 9-ball is/has been the face of pool for awhile but also I wonder, are they playing 1p there? if so, what's it like? cos so many filipino pros are elite 1players, figure...
  19. E

who were/are your one pocket heroes?

my dad introduced me to pool, but I'm not sure he was 'hip to 1p.. efren was/is another pool hero, and I credit him as much as anybody for inspiring me to give 1p a try I also feel compelled to shout out the gang at accu-stats even before I knew anything about the game (which wasn't that long...
  20. E

how would you hit this bank?

just going straight back, cb can land wherever but you're trying to make it I know, nothing fancy, but there's still a few ways to hit the ball..how would ya? tip position on cb, speed, angle, etc..