3C - Sayginer vs. Jaspers

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
I did not know Sayginer could play this well! A little out of character thread for me, but oh well, I happened to stumble upon this video, and I was impressed with his shooting.
Great Shots, fast forwarding, easy to watch! Whitey

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
It’s always mesmerizing to me watching 3 cushion
the balls floating around and
now as I know a little bit about position play watch how the players control all 3 balls

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I did not know Sayginer could play this well! A little out of character thread for me, but oh well, I happened to stumble upon this video, and I was impressed with his shooting.
Sayginer is one of the worlds all time best 3c players isnt he? MR3C, Dave or TCC can chime in!

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
Sayginer is one of the worlds all time best 3c players isnt he? MR3C, Dave or TCC can chime in!
Cincy, I knew he was great at exhibitions and trick shots, and of course knew he competed in these types of tournaments, and I have on occasion seen him play standard 3C before. But, I have never seen him have so much control over himself and the shots, and he used such a soft touch stroke on many of these shots. It just kind of took me back, and wow this guy can play!

I of course do not know any of the in and outs of 3C like mr3c but it appears he is playing beautifully! What further impressed me is how quickly he seen the shot, for on a fair amount of his shots it was in real time without being cut.

In talking to mr3c in the past, he has tournament played Sayginer, and of course knows his style. Whitey

Last edited:

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
I played him in 1998, he was at the top of his game. I beat him! He went to 50, I went to 43, the score was 43-38. He was so mad, he wouldn't even shake my hand after the game, and swore at me in Turkish and English.

When he lost to Sang Lee in the semifinal match, and had a big lead in the game, when it was over and 100's of people were there he punched himself in the jaw as hard as he could. Watch the last few minutes. at 1:50

He's one of the top players in the world, but, very weak between the ears.

Last edited:

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
I sure hope mr3c got to see the punch to jaw 'live'. I can envision seeing Bill laughing out loud at S.S. which his initials should be s.o.b. for not shaking Bills hand!
That punch was funny, with Bill's temperament it is a wonder he did not punch him for not shaking hands and acknowledging a match well played! That would of cool, band once again though! Whitey

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Wow, ole Semih was raining billiards. You could tell he wasn't going to miss much. But a 6.66 average?? Pretty sporty. I see he was getting the rolls, which is usually the case when someone's on fire. He got that lucky kiss billiard in the 3rd inning.

Something tells me though that normally Jaspers would be the favorite over Sayginer. He's very steady. Semih seems more of a "seat of the pants" type player: exciting when he's on, but probably a little too erratic. I don't watch enough from these guys to know.