amazing billiards tourney

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
I know it isn't one pocket but I watched some of this yesterday and was some super high level billiards and great to watch
http://www.mccreerychampionofchampions.com/
stream starts tommorow at 10 am est

3 cushion is such a beautiful game , I wish I could watch it for more than 15 minutes , but I can't .
It's probably because I am never going to play the game, and my subconcious sees it as non productive for me .

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
the parts of matches i have watched have been very entertaining
the skill and accuracy these guys have is amazing
i wish i had a billiards table near me to play and learn on
highly recommend you guys click on the link and watch some
oh by the way
there is $600,000 in prize money.....:eek::eek:
the winner gets $150,000....:)

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
3 cushion is such a beautiful game , I wish I could watch it for more than 15 minutes , but I can't .
It's probably because I am never going to play the game, and my subconcious sees it as non productive for me .

billy
even tho you may never play it on a billiard table
learning to be so accurate going around the rails is VERY USEFULL for all pocket billiard games
jmho

powerball

Verified Member
Improve your game

Improve your game

Playing on a billiard table seems to have helped Efren. He said that after playing balkline playing pool was easy!

BrookelandBilly

Verified Member
From
Fair Oaks Ranch, Texas
Amazing Tourney

Amazing Tourney

I know it isn't one pocket but I watched some of this yesterday and was some super high level billiards and great to watch
http://www.mccreerychampionofchampions.com/
stream starts tommorow at 10 am est

I play billiards when I’m in Mexico. It is more popular than pool. What I’ve noticed about the tournaments is the dress code. Pool tournaments in the States could take a lesson from billiards tournaments. It would help the image rather tan the dirty T-shirt, cargo pants flip flop, backward baseball cap I see on videos of tournaments. You don’t have to wear a tuxedo or vest but you also don’t have to look like you crawled out of bed.

sneakynito

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
Wow Semih is 5-1 and Blomdahl is 1-5.
That surprises me.

Nice to see Piedrabuena doing well. Currently in 4th.

Tobermory

Verified Member
From
San Francisco, CA
The stream is working perfectly for me. And the quality of the images are fantastic...why is it that this production (and most of the European pool/billiards videos) are so much better than the US pool streaming services? Is it just a question of the cameras used? How expensive are the cameras that produce the better quality?

sneakynito

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
The stream is working perfectly for me. And the quality of the images are fantastic...why is it that this production (and most of the European pool/billiards videos) are so much better than the US pool streaming services? Is it just a question of the cameras used? How expensive are the cameras that produce the better quality?

It's working now.

From what I understand this tournament is just being streamed out a billionaire's mansion in New York.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
It's working now.

From what I understand this tournament is just being streamed out a billionaire's mansion in New York.

yes thats true
i cant find a link to a discussion about who is hosting it etc
anybody have a link into the background of the event ??

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Wow Semih is 5-1 and Blomdahl is 1-5.
That surprises me.

Nice to see Piedrabuena doing well. Currently in 4th.

piedrabuena lost to kim in a nail biter
had several chance to win and missed his billiard by credit card width 3 or 4 times
kim kept clawing back and won
with these guys its like leaving alex a shot to start with
even tho you are ahead 7-3 you may not be the favorite to win

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
It's working now.

Kozoom has always been tops in the international streaming.

However, right here in Cocoa Beach, FL. we have people streaming pool tournaments which equal the quality of Kozoom! They are XTreme Pool Challenge!

http://xtremepoolchallenge.com/

They have very sophisticated cameras, 300 K each and have the ability to stream multiple tables at a time. And 95% of the time the stream is FREE!

Just an example, they stream a monthly 9 ball event in Cocoa at Sidepockets, which last just 1 day, 2 months ago they had over 70 players, they had 1 million views that day! That's right 1,ooo,ooo viewers!

You can ONLY get that amount of viewers if the stream is free.

Check them out.

Last edited:

sneakynito

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
This really is a great stream and some amazing play.

Question for those who keep up with it more.
I don't remember seeing shot clocks in tournaments I've seen in the past.
Is that a pretty standard thing?
I don't really like it. I'd rather see them take their time on those really difficult shots so I can see them make more of them. Feel like they look a bit rushed some of the time.

Tobermory

Verified Member
From
San Francisco, CA
I just checked out the XTreme website and the quality of the images is very high. 300k for a camera? How do they recover that cost? I'm no expert, but I don't think you have to spend that much to get really high quality HD images.

Do they ever provide commentary for their matches? I looked at a few recordings that do not have commentary, including the few 1p matches they've got up for viewing.

Kozoom has always been tops in the international streaming.

However, right here in Cocoa Beach, FL. we have people streaming pool tournaments which equal the quality of Kozoom! They are XTreme Pool Challenge!

http://xtremepoolchallenge.com/

They have very sophisticated cameras, 300 K each and have the ability to stream multiple tables at a time. And 95% of the time the stream is FREE!

Just an example, they stream a monthly 9 ball event in Cocoa at Sidepockets, which last just 1 day, 2 months ago they had over 70 players, they had 1 million views that day! That's right 1,ooo,ooo viewers!

You can ONLY get that amount of viewers if the stream is free.

Check them out.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
I just checked out the XTreme website and the quality of the images is very high. 300k for a camera? How do they recover that cost? I'm no expert, but I don't think you have to spend that much to get really high quality HD images.

Do they ever provide commentary for their matches? I looked at a few recordings that do not have commentary, including the few 1p matches they've got up for viewing.

ALL the matches that are played on the featured table have commentary.

Gary Patrick has always been a sponsor and promoter of the game, along with being a professional pilot for a major airline for years. He draws a pension now of a little over 200K a year, and owns much property in Cocoa beach.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
I was pulling hard for Merckx.. I don't know why, but I was.. I like it when someone bears down hard and pulls for themselves strong.. I can't believe that I still can't see a lot of those shots before they shoot them.. I've watched a lot of that in the last year,, and still can't see them like I should....(much less, execute) lol