Are the last two balls spotted or only one ball at a time?

J.R.

Verified Member
From
Chicago, Illinois
I'm in a one-pocket game. There are 4 balls left on the pool table huddled close together in a "Nick Varner Wedge." I need 3 balls and my opponent needs 2 balls to win the game. I am able to bank one ball into my pocket while knocking in a second ball into a non-scoring pocket. I now need 2 balls and my opponent needs 2 balls. There is now only two balls on the table with one ball to be spotted after my turn at the table. On the very next shot I am again able to bank one ball into my pocket while knocking in the last ball remaining into a non-scoring pocket. I now need 1 ball and my opponent needs 2 balls but there are 0 balls on the table. The two balls that were knocked into a non-scoring pocket need to be spotted. My question: Are the last two balls spotted together or only one ball at a time?

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
doc is right
here it is from our rules
9.2 Any penalty balls owed by the shooter, or balls pocketed in a neutral pocket, are to be spotted at the end of the shooter’s inning. However, if a player runs off all the balls on the table without reaching a winning score, then all such balls are spotted immediately (all at once, not one ball at a time), and the shooter continues their inning. At no other time in One Pocket are balls spotted during any shooter’s ongoing inning.

J.R.

Verified Member
From
Chicago, Illinois
What is the "Road Shot" that I could have played position for?

I originally posted this question because a "bank player" asked me a related question as it would be in line with a short rack of banks. The "bank player" inquired, "In a short rack of nine ball banks, if the breaker made five balls on the break, proceeded to make four banks in a row, then would the five balls made on the break be spotted one at a time or all five balls at once." I took liberty with his inquiry and presented it as a one pocket question so it wouldn't be moved to the bank forum.