Chicago air-bnb lodging for the Members Tournament

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Closer to Chris's Billiards than any hotel or motel, and inexpensive if a coupla guys or three share the place, are the air-bnb's = there are about 30 of them within 1 mile of Chris's Billiards...

A friend of mine stayed at one of them two summers ago that was right across the park from Chris's - just 3 blocks away - he would just walk through the park to get to Chris's...

I'm posting up here air-bnb links with the rental listings that are located in the two neighborhoods ( Portage park & Jefferson park) that surround Chris's Billiards - just look at the maps and they will show you the location and price for each listing...

As for where Chris's Billiards is located within the maps...when you look at this first Portage park area map, identify where the diagonal freeway 90 meets the vertical freeway 94 - Chris's Billiards is approx. 1 inch to the left of the junction of those two freeways...

Here is the link to the Portage park area air-bnb listings and map >>>

https://www.airbnb.com/s/portage-Park--Chicago--Illinois--United-States/homes?refinement_paths[]=/homes&source=mc_search_bar&click_referer=t:SEE_ALL|sid:37edc797-41e5-4055-87eb-60565f99ee33|st:LANDING_PAGE_MARQUEE&search_type=search_query&screen_size=large&adults=1

P.S. For more geographic location info...on this map, the listing located at center top, that has the price of $60 printed, is the closest one to Chris's - about 4 blocks away....the prices listed may be per person, or per bedroom, I don't know, I've never stayed at one myself.

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
And here is the link to the Jefferson park area air-bnb listings and map >>>

https://www.airbnb.com/s/jefferson-park-Chicago--Illinois--United-States/homes?source=mc_search_bar&click_referer=t:SEE_ALL|sid:37edc797-41e5-4055-87eb-60565f99ee33|st:LANDING_PAGE_MARQUEE&refinement_paths[]=/homes&adults=1&ne_lat=42.01352749672616&ne_lng=-87.74846317443848&sw_lat=41.93069878991044&sw_lng=-87.80322315368653&zoom=13&search_by_map=true&search_type=unknown

P.S. For more geographic location info...on this map, the listing located at center bottom, that has the price of $50 printed, is the closest one to Chris's - about 6 blocks away....the prices listed may be per person, I don't know, I've never stayed at one myself.

Last edited:

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Closer to Chris's Billiards than any hotel or motel, and inexpensive, are the air-bnb's = there are about 30 of them within 1 mile of Chris's Billiards...

A friend of mine stayed at one of them two summers ago that was right across the park from Chris's - just 3 blocks away - he would just walk through the park to get to Chris's...

I'm posting up here air-bnb links with the rental listings that are located in the two neighborhoods ( Portage park & Jefferson park) that surround Chris's Billiards - just look at the maps and they will show you the location and price for each listing...

As for where Chris's Billiards is located within the maps...when you look at this first Portage park area map, identify where the diagonal freeway 90 meets the vertical freeway 94 - Chris's Billiards is approx. 1 inch to the left of the junction of those two freeways...

Here is the link to the Portage park area air-bnb listings and map >>>

https://www.airbnb.com/s/portage-Park--Chicago--Illinois--United-States/homes?refinement_paths[]=/homes&source=mc_search_bar&click_referer=t:SEE_ALL|sid:37edc797-41e5-4055-87eb-60565f99ee33|st:LANDING_PAGE_MARQUEE&search_type=search_query&screen_size=large&adults=1

P.S. For more geographic location info...on this map, the listing located at center top, that has the price of $60, is the closest one to Chris's - about 4 blocks away.
I looked at the one closest to Chris' for $60 as you stated, it was available for just over $300/night...o_O

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I looked at the one closest to Chris' for $60 as you stated, it was available for just over $300/night...o_O

More motivation for you to cash in the tournament.

Kentucky and I stayed in one for a little more than any of the hotels we found. We have to have separate bedrooms because he keeps odd hours and likes the tv or computer on all night, and when he does finally go to sleep my snoring keeps him awake, so he throws pillows at me to keep me from snoring. The B & B works out great and you can get them for 6/8 people to keep the cost down.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
I remember when you could sleep on the floor at one of the local hustlers place for 10 a night or 10% of a score, guess that's not on the table any more, since the only way I can make any money nowadays, is if I printed it.

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
Nick (Jakie), Warren and me are renting an Airbnb about a mile, mile and a half from Chris's. Sleeps 4 - looking for another person to help split costs.

Nice looking remodeled home. Rented from 6/3(Wed) through 6/8(Mon). 5 nights would be $360 your share. Very nice place.

Contact Nick Principe or me for more info, My # 817-875-1254.

I cancelled my Baymont reservation simply because of nearness to pool room.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Nick (Jakie), Warren and me are renting an Airbnb about a mile, mile and a half from Chris's. Sleeps 4 - looking for another person to help split costs.

Nice looking remodeled home. Rented from 6/3(Wed) through 6/8(Mon). 5 nights would be $360 your share. Very nice place.

I have already booked a hotel at a non-refundable rate so I'm out, but you couldn't find 3 nicer guys to stay with while in Chicago and the pictures I saw of the house are beautiful. All updated including full kitchen w/washer/dryer. Someone will be very lucky...and close to Chris's.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
personally, ever since using airbnb for the first time a few years ago at the derby, I cant go back to regular hotels... ;) just like uber has replaced taxis.....airbnb and vrbo has replaced hotels for the most part..oh which reminds me if you dont find anything on airbnb you may want to try the other:

walrus1

Hi Bob,
Are you going to use Uber to go back and forth?

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
Lee, I will have my car there, as I like to drive to most tournaments. You would be most welcome to ride back and forth, if you can stand
my hours of playing and matching up. Nick plans to use Uber if needed.

Nick is really is who you need to talk to about other bed. I will give you his contact info - just call or text me.

I am guessing the BnB is 1 to 1 1/2 miles from Chris's. Nice house.

warrenr

Verified Member
Tom it’s going to be great seeing you again and have breakfast to listen to old times.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa

Shared rooms or four bedrooms?