Chohan v. Bustamante: Race to 24 June 16, 17, 18 at Buffalo's Billiards

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
Action Baby!!!!

Django vs T-Rex One Pocket Money Match

The last time these 2 matched up in a big set was 2016 in Vegas.

Bustamante won a Hill Hill Thriller Race to 21 with a score of 22-20!!!!!
They played win by two

They played a shorter race to 8 last year in South Carolina and Tony won that in a close thriller

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
On a neutral court, I would have to put Bustamante up at a 120/100 favorite in this match after the showing that both Francisco and Chohan displayed in their last challenge matches. Bustamante IMO is the more consistent player between the two, however, either player could win or possibly dominate the match, that's how explosive these two players are.

The above odds are for entertainment purposes only, jmo

Dr. Bill

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
On a neutral court I would have to put Bustamante up at a 120/100 favorite in this match after the showing that both Francisco and Chohan displayed in their last challenge matches. Bustamante IMO is the more consistent player between the two, however, either player could win or possibly dominate the match, that's how explosive these two players are.

The above odds are for entertainment purposes only, jmo

Dr. Bill
OOPS! Considering that Buffalo Billiards is now home court for Tony this matchup is a flip of a coin.

Dr. Bill

Hardmix

Verified Member
From
Cumming Ga
I think Tony might feel a little additional pressure after his performance in the Filler match. That said, I think lack of play was the primary culprit there. Regardless, this is going to be a great match to watch. I give the nod to Francisco, his play over the last year has been extraordinary.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I think Tony might feel a little additional pressure after his performance in the Filler match. That said, I think lack of play was the primary culprit there. Regardless, this is going to be a great match to watch. I give the nod to Francisco, his play over the last year has been extraordinary.
You make a good point. I suspect however that Tony was a little embarrassed that he didn't take Filler seriously enough, and that he lost. My guess is that he will be packed for bear and very determined when he goes against the Filipino...:cool:

keoneyo

Verified Member
You make a good point. I suspect however that Tony was a little embarrassed that he didn't take Filler seriously enough, and that he lost. My guess is that he will be packed for bear and very determined when he goes against the Filipino...:cool:
Exactly my thoughts, Doc. However Bustamante was hurt when he held the lead in the one pocket venue against Alex and yet could not come through needing one. Im sure it has haunted him as well as Tony's untimely loss to Filler. It should be a good match and if Busty is in good health I will take him. But as the Truck said Busty is still trying to learn to lead a healthy life. Should be a good one.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Exactly my thoughts, Doc. However Bustamante was hurt when he held the lead in the one pocket venue against Alex and yet could not come through needing one. Im sure it has haunted him as well as Tony's untimely loss to Filler. It should be a good match and if Busty is in good health I will take him. But as the Truck said Busty is still trying to learn to lead a healthy life. Should be a good one.
I hadn't realized that Busty wasn't a clean liver. Did he smoke and drink, or something?

keoneyo

Verified Member
I hadn't realized that Busty wasn't a clean liver. Did he smoke and drink, or something?
Yeah Smoker. And I gather Ray was trying to make him eat healthier.
I felt I saw some fatigue in the way Busty was playing after a long period of time.
In that way a young man will always have the edge.

catkins

Verified Member
From
boulder creek ca
Tony is hard for me to watch sometimes cause I feel like a lot of the time he does not put everything he has into these matches and when he does he is inspirational. With filler for me it seemed like he just missed those key shots that break down you opponent so many times that it was frustrating. I would expect a different tony in general as this will be his first match at his new home and I believe he will take bustamante fairly seriously which is good for his game imo

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Based on Busty's last match against Deuel on this table, I have to bet on Busty. The tight equipment did not bother him and he's not on his phone every shot. I played Tony for about 8 hours in the last two weeks. His style leaves too many banks for the good players.

El Chapo

Verified Member
I am way out if the game to analyze properly but i saw a couple recent matches of busty in the philippines and i think he will have a hard time winning this match. maybe he was spreading over there or something.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
I am way out if the game to analyze properly but i saw a couple recent matches of busty in the philippines and i think he will have a hard time winning this match. maybe he was spreading over there or something.

Never know, El Chapo. I don't like to fool with betting small amounts on the net, and I wouldn't dare bet a large amount on that shit, but they both are a pleasure to sweat. Old Busty beats all I ever saw. If I had to bet my life, it would have to go with him....werk..

BRLongArm

Verified Member
If you saw Busty in the Islands, it had to be an old match. He has been here all during the Pandemic. Holed up with Ray Hansen and Alex P.

Nick B

Verified Member
From
Vancouver, Canada
Tony is hard for me to watch sometimes cause I feel like a lot of the time he does not put everything he has into these matches and when he does he is inspirational. With filler for me it seemed like he just missed those key shots that break down you opponent so many times that it was frustrating. I would expect a different tony in general as this will be his first match at his new home and I believe he will take bustamante fairly seriously which is good for his game imo
Exactly how I see it as well.