Chris/Cincy - possible issue with s/w?

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
they said:

It looks like it may be the latest Chrome stable release which was 5 days ago.

will keep you posted when I know more!
Since you mentioned "chrome" I decided to log in using Google to see if it made a difference since I have been using chrome...

It didn't 😢

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
not sure what you mean? Google = Chrome. What if you try using Firefox or Safari browser?
I'm not going to load another browser unless necessary. Yes chrome is a Google product but since I have both on my phone separately, I thought they had a chance of being different.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I'm not going to load another browser unless necessary. Yes chrome is a Google product but since I have both on my phone separately, I thought they had a chance of being different.
No problem, hopefully if indeed a chrome issue as they have claimed, they will fix it asap!

sorackem

Well-Known-Member
I'm not going to load another browser unless necessary.
No reason to know why - but I get the feeling it's not the browser, but the phone sw. Do you have the same difficulty when in email or messaging aps?

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
No reason to know why - but I get the feeling it's not the browser, but the phone sw. Do you have the same difficulty when in email or messaging aps?
Thanks for trying to help, but no similar issues using any other apps including azb forum. I tested all that first. I have powered my phone off and on several times to reset, everything the same. It just started 4-5 days ago and used to work fine.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Its from Chrome's latest update (85). The developers must have messed something up on this latest patch so hopefully they will correct it in an update soon. Those who are reporting the issue are not having the same issue using firefox or apple phones. You could always downgrade to the previous version of chrome (before the update 5 days ago) to test it and see if that works for you.

sorackem

Well-Known-Member
Mozilla and DuckDuck - nothings perfect but I truly hate MS.
Win10 is a huge part of that hate. I find my wireless turning on by itself; the 'connect automatically' box for available networks is always 'on' for every discovered wifi spot; I click to turn them off, go to the next to do the same and when I go back - it's back on.
I have turned off the main sw switch before I log off and when I log in - it is on and connected to a network.
There's processes running at start-up that I can't find - but see them blink and slow my PC. - where's Sheldon when you need him..
Linux is preferred, but doesn't integrate well sometimes with the 'business world'.

Being the product rather than the customer is F**ked - like sitting around the camp-fire with four cannibals wondering what's for dinner.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Ok, I uploaded chrome beta, same issue.

I uploaded Firefox, no issue, it's working fine. Thanks Chris, I guess I'm a Mozilla man for now.

Look, another paragraph without losing my keyboard. 🤪

I started to tell you do try that the other day, but I didn't think you wanted to. I think it's best to have a couple of extras for different things.
I have the Windows 10 Microsoft Edge for a few things..A lot of people don't like it, but it seems fair to me... I have Chrome for watching Big Brother Live Feeds and other live feeds and several other things.. I play poker only on FireFox, but also surf message boards and things. That Duck is on there, ready... I also have The Avast Browser, and on there I have a tremendous amount of bookmarks in many different folders. It has the same look and features of Chrome....I find that having several different browsers doesn't seem cause problems or slow down things.. I don't see how they could work any faster. Sometimes I will have three different browsers going with like 10 pages open. Doing things while having K on will slow you down, considerably, however, and going to certain pages on Facebook like certain games, will do that also. I have ad blockers on all of them except The Windows Edge. I wanted to leave one without any ad blocker at all... Good luck...

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Hey Chris, Its good to have a fixer on hand for our computer problems. I have a lot of my devices working on Wi-fi. I recently installed a Netgear extender and I can't get it working. How do I sign in. Android or sumting operating system, not sure.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Just so you all know, Chrome appears to have fixed this problem. I'm logged in using chrome and...

Keyboard still here after I hit return to create a paragraph. Wait, I'll do it again...

OMG it still works. Thanks Chris. Chrome is faster than Firefox so I'm glad it's fixed.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Just so you all know, Chrome appears to have fixed this problem. I'm logged in using chrome and...

Keyboard still here after I hit return to create a paragraph. Wait, I'll do it again...

OMG it still works. Thanks Chris. Chrome is faster than Firefox so I'm glad it's fixed.
Glad its working for you again Dave! I agree, I'm a chrome guy too. :)

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Which also brings to mind (again), Sheldon. Haven't seen him 'round lately...
Sheldon hangs out in discord every day (our chat program). A few of us are idle in there 24/7 so I will ping him today.

I think most members have come there but when they don't see chat going they leave after a little while.