Corner ball leaking on break

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
Opponent cheating, is number one cause. Watch for cocked rack , balls racked wrong. Many ways to gimmick the rack.

baby huey

Verified Member
Leaks occur when you have hit the second ball too full. That can happen when those first three balls aren't frozen. In a rack your own scenario it's shame on you.

Cory in dc

Verified Member
Also, pull the CB in from the side rail an inch or two if this is happening, assuming you're racking your own and have therefore ruled out a slug rack. In fact, I play rack your own in 1P almost always.

El Chapo

Verified Member
I finally beared down and figured out why it leaks a while back. I think there is a thread about it somewhere. Idk call me insane but even if i snitch it off here nobody will listen or care, nor should they. It is one gap that causes it though.

Ratamon

Verified Member
From
London, UK
The shock wave generated by the break spreads among the balls 20x faster than the initial speed of the balls themselves so if there is a gap between the corner ball and an adjacent ball above it, the corner ball will be pushed towards your opponent's pocket. However, if there is a gap between the corner ball and an adjacent ball beside it (assuming the corner ball touches the other ball above it), the corner ball will be pushed towards the short rail.

I always make sure that all of the four balls on the side I'm breaking from are touching each other, better still if there is a small gap in the bottom row as per the above. :)

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
All good points above. But if the rack is tight, and still leaking occurs, then a guy should break closer to the center of the headstring, which will cause a more glancing blow to the rack. If that doesn't work, then aim for the 2nd-3rd, or even 3rd-4th gap.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
All good points above. But if the rack is tight, and still leaking occurs, then a guy should break closer to the center of the headstring, which will cause a more glancing blow to the rack. If that doesn't work, then aim for the 2nd-3rd, or even 3rd-4th gap.
Or try the other side...:cool:

beatle

Verified Member
its so hard to tell if the rack is off and if a hairline crack is between certain balls. thats why i dont feel bad when i rack for my opponent and they seem to have problems with leaking balls and scratching on the break.
i do from a few notice the first few racks i play, they look over the rack carefully. then they get lazy and just break and accept the rack as it is..
if you accept the rack your opponent gives you that closes the deal.

and if a perfect rack gives you 1.5 balls advantage in the game and a bad one gives your opponent say just 1 ball advantage thats a difference of 2.5 balls. try to overcome that.

beatle

Verified Member
that splitting came from the old days when we played mostly on the 5 by 10. smaller table needs a little adjustment based on angle of the rack.