Donn vs. Pete 1 wwyd?

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Pete's shot --- his pocket is at the top right --- ball score is 4-3 Donn ahead, both going to 8 --- Pete has some interesting aggressive and moving options here --- the 10 does pass the 11ball cross-corner to your pocket --- wwyd? ----->

002.JPG001.JPG005.JPG006.JPG

Last edited:

sappo

Verified Member
I like softly sending the 3 ball past the right side of the 11 ball having it rest right in front of my pocket and drawing whitey to the side rail. Best cue ball location behind/ on top of the 10 ball. If I get right on the 10 ball his in big trouble. If he can see the 2 balls by my hole he has to deal with both of them. I don't like the bank on the 10 and leaving him doubled on the 5 because he my just shoot it and get out. K

Reactions: lll

beatle

Verified Member
kick the 1 ball in softly so i cover him with the 3 ball

i like sappo's shot as well if i can get behind the 10 ball and not send the 3 flying.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
I like shooting the 15/1 combo to bring the 1 on the spot. CB off of head rail and snuggle up on the 10 blocking the 1 and the 11. I should have a good shot next inning.

lll

Verified Member
I like softly sending the 3 ball past the right side of the 11 ball having it rest right in front of my pocket and drawing whitey to the side rail. Best cue ball location behind/ on top of the 10 ball. If I get right on the 10 ball his in big trouble. If he can see the 2 balls by my hole he has to deal with both of them. I don't like the bank on the 10 and leaving him doubled on the 5 because he my just shoot it and get out. K
This was what i saw and like

lll

Verified Member
kick the 1 ball in softly so i cover him with the 3 ball

i like sappo's shot as well if i can get behind the 10 ball and not send the 3 flying.
l
I see your point of the force needed to get the cue ball where it needs to go if you shoot the 3
making the 1 and doubling Up the 3/11 Would present problems
good eye

vapros

Verified Member
I will shoot the 3-11 combination at pocket speed and leave Jojo on the long rail, behind the 10 ball. It's straight in. :p

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
Stunning over under the 10 off the three.. All cue ball. If that doesn't look good i'd put you behind the 1

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
Cincy Kid,
I like your shot! You could change it up a bit, and add another element to it, and shot your selection is what made this apparent to me.
Cut the 8 and bring the cb back into the 15-1 combo use the 3 to block instead of the 10.
It just adds another ball in play on your side.. thanks for your shot selection, it is a good one IMO.

My shot selection is probably not as good as your shot selection, just another one. Whitey

Island Drive

Verified Member
Sliver bank the one, hide whitey behind that one ball. It's protecting my stripe, he now has 4 balls on the long rail and I got em frozen too the head rail.

Last edited:

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
Two rail the one ball. Stop the rock. When playing the two rail shot, keep the one ball off the back rail. Leave it along your side rail attempting to hide it behind the three. If successful, there will be no angle to move the 11 out.

Tom

Cory in dc

Verified Member
Two rail the one ball. Stop the rock. When playing the two rail shot, keep the one ball off the back rail. Leave it along your side rail attempting to hide it behind the three. If successful, there will be no angle to move the 11 out.

Tom
That's the shot I saw as well, assuming it's there. Can't quite tell if the 15 is a problem for this.

Kybanks

Verified Member
I like kicking softly behind the 1 here. Trying to move the 1 ball away from the 15 ball to open up a 2 railer on it. Hopefully hiding the 3 ball and my stripe. Also I dont like leaving the cb anywhere around the 10 ball because of the cross corner on the 11.

beatle

Verified Member
i would like to know how you can get behind the 1 ball without messing up

and how can you 2 rail the 1 ball and not get the kiss and get the cueball to the long rail. way out of my pay scale.

and going behind the 10 is great the times you dont knock it out 1 inch and leave an easy combo with your balls to bank down there.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
Combo-ing the 3-11 looks good to me, as long as the shooter believes he can bury the CB behind the 10ball. Looks like a half-ball hit with perhaps a half tip of low. If the CB gets between the 10 and the rail, the opponent is in jail.

2nd choice would be to bank the 10ball cross corner into my hole, pocket speed. It's a very makeable bank --being practically dead on-- and if it lands near the hole you'll leave the opponent a tricky, blood-test combo...

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
Beatle, where do you see where I said I'm sending the cue ball to the side rail?
Getting the one ball to the side rail should not be a problem as I see it.
Stun the cue ball, use right hand english to flatten the one and send it
three or four cushions to the side rail and hide it with the three.. Looks easy enough
to me.

And let me ask you what you do when following your little kick shot on the one, your opponent
pockets the fifteen and keeps you doubled up on the three/eleven?

Tom

Last edited:

catkins

Verified Member
I am going to shoot the three towards my pocket with the only focus being treetoping on the one and leaving the three near my hole

wincardona

Verified Member
Pete's shot --- his pocket is at the top right --- ball score is 4-3 Donn ahead, both going to 8 --- Pete has some interesting aggressive and moving options here --- the 10 does pass the 11ball cross-corner to your pocket --- wwyd? ----->

View attachment 431843View attachment 431844View attachment 431845View attachment 431846
Keith has it right, play off the 3ball with the correct speed to position the cue ball behind the 10ball, from there you have the advantage. When your opponent plays off the 10ball to try to freeze you on the rail between the 10 and the rail you then bank the 15ball. now you have a strong position. If you position the cue ball between the 10 and the rail hows he gonna like it? The next time he comes to the table you will have three balls by your pocket with your opponent nine feet away near the top rail.The key to this option is positioning the cue ball between the 10ball and the rail, once he's there he has to play your game..

Dr. Bill

Last edited: