Ghost vs. Alex 6 - wwyd?

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
Ghost said that the right side of the 10 can't be hit. But if the shooter can see enough of the 10 ball to miss the 15 on its left (about a 3/4 ball hit on the 10), then he could shoot the 10 into that rail while floating the CB down to the foot rail.

I'm tempted to come off the left of the 14 and try to get the CB into the stack, but that takes a much thinner hit than it appears, and adding a little right spin makes it trickier, and the outcome more random.

Island Drive

Verified Member
Another shot with good cue ball control....& your aim is already set up towards the fourteen. 14 into the 8/2 and park the cue ball behind the 13.
Now, you have allot of open balls on your side somewhat equal to your opponents yet they are closer to your hole, opponent now has to become defensive.

baby huey

Verified Member
Lock him down on the thirteen ball off the fourteen ball using the rail. A shot one pocket players must have in their bag of tricks. The intentional will not work here as you'd be on the first scratch.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
As I've had to say waay too many times in the last 15 years re. my wwyd's 😫 please read my opening posts fully, so that you will have a better idea of what options are available...as in this one, where I stated:

P.S. Alex can not see/hit the right side of the 10ball.....
[/QUOTE]
If I had good reeding comperhenshine, I coulda got out of the 5th grade before I was 15 and probably would have been a rockit sientest or brane sturgen insted of a pool dude.

beatle

Verified Member
14 into the right side of the 5 and draw back to the pocket. sends lots your way and you get to cover your hole.
let him shoot a long one if he wants.

but being since i can still pocket a ball, i probably would shoot the combo then the 13 and come down for the 4 bank and then bank the 15 or knock it close and hide him.

when playing someone that moves well- shoot. when playing someone that doesnt - move and snooker

Last edited:

atmeddy

Verified Member
I'd hit the 13 down the rail to hit the 12 and draw the cue to freeze the cue next to the 14 for no shot to any ball to the left pocket. I'm also thinking, if I could execute the shot 80% of the time, I should be on the road.

I like Hendy's shot, but for this hacker, it would be as difficult as the shot described above.

Skin

Verified Member
What I would do is shoot the 14 using my recently overhauled grip ;) if there is even a sliver of room to spare getting it into my pocket.

If that's not there, then I want to look 👀 at coming off the 13 and sending the cb through the gap between the 9 & 6 to the bottom rail underneath the 4. It looks like there's a natural carom angle off the 13 that's not hard to figure out. The speed shouldn't be a problem to get right, either. I just don't want to clip the 4 coming through or come up short and hit the 6, but neither of those is an automatic disaster if they happen at the speed to get to the bottom rail.

There also are other places on the the stack to go naturally off the 13 that could be good while moving the 13 off the rail and out towards center table where he can't use it for dastardly deeds later like he can where it is now.

Personally for myself, I don't like any of the long combo shots down table using the 14.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
I am shooting the 10, rail first into the 15, 10 goes towards my side and/or pocket and 15 ball pockets for him or gets out of dodge I hope. Using a stun stroke to push through the 10 and get as close to his long rail (2nd diamond) as I can.

I figured beatle would have already chimed in saying he is shooing the 14 straight in his hole and running out. Actually not a bad shot if you are an excellent ball striker. I can see Dennis or Alex shooting that for sure....

lll

Verified Member
I think I would thin off the left side of the 14 hit the side rail and float to the foot rail
if I played 3 cushion like bill smith I would shoot a short table 3 cushion shot
going off the 14 sending it towards my hole
opponent side rail/ head rail / my side rail and snuggle on to the 13....:eek:

Skin

Verified Member
if I played 3 cushion like bill smith I would shoot a short table 3 cushion shot
Attaboy, Larry! :D

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
I think I would thin off the left side of the 14 hit the side rail and float to the foot rail
Whatever you are taking ,stop immediately and come down brother , only snoop dog and Willie Nelson can tolerate those heights

jrhendy

Verified Member
If I am stuck enough and want to be aggressive, I shoot the 13 into the 12, trying to make it, and spin the cue ball down on the 8 or 9.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
If I had to shoot the 13-12 combo, I'd shoot it rail first, which makes it an easier, bigger ball. Draw up for the 14 after.

atmeddy

Verified Member
I had nightmares over this one pocket layout and woke up this morning from a dream where I sold out and my opponent ran balls to win. And in my dream I went to the ATM to get some money to pay off the bet.

I guess that's why Chet Itow nicknamed me ATM Eddy

wincardona

Verified Member
I see only two shots that I would shoot. I like Bob's shot with thinning the 14ball and dropping to the bottom rail, this option is the safest and the execution is simple. The other option I like is to shoot the 14ball into the 9ball opening up the 6ball and 2ball while freezing the cue ball on the 13ball. This option is aggressive but very doable with a big reward.

Dr. Bill

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
It's unlikely that the 14 can be hit thin enough to get to the foot rail below the 4 - if this option was available, it would also be my choice here.

jtompilot

Verified Member
I had nightmares over this one pocket layout and woke up this morning from a dream where I sold out and my opponent ran balls to win. And in my dream I went to the ATM to get some money to pay off the bet.

I’ll be at Chris’s late Wednesday morning. One of us will need an ATM close by🤣

Island Drive

Verified Member

Actually ATM Andrew outta Denver, just moved to Jacksonville FL, he got his name for ahhhhhhhhh good rea$on. He can play a little, but one hole, I still don't think he ha$ that patience yet.

unoperro

Verified Member
Actually ATM Andrew outta Denver, just moved to Jacksonville FL, he got his name for ahhhhhhhhh good rea$on. He can play a little, but one hole, I still don't think he ha$ that patience yet.
Thats funny Danny Olson just went to Denver to play him. As in he is there now.

Bill you could play Danny some 1 hole I cant teach him anything more.