Ghost vs. Alex 6 - wwyd?

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
This is fun Ghost, and thank you. (oops - it was played of the 10 eh?!). Does this mean the 14 simply would not go by the 12?
rackem...you're welcome...and this is from my opening post >>> "the 14ball has about 1/3rd of a pocket available to it - it may, or may not, be makeable."

TxOnePocket

Well-Known-Member
I've looked at this wwyd 4 nights in a row and still dont like it one bit, i'm subject to go off the deep end and give up some balls here..

lll

Verified Member
I'd play the 13 into the 12 and spin the cue ball off the side rail and into the stack. Total emphasis on the cue ball.
surely you jest
you are coming towards the "wrong side "of the stack
insert confused face

OneRock

Verified Member
surely you jest
you are coming towards the "wrong side "of the stack
insert confused face
That's not always necessarily a bad thing. You're playing offense here, not defense.

lll

Verified Member
That's not always necessarily a bad thing. You're playing offense here, not defense.
You play better and know more than me so on this one I have to take your word for it

beatle

Verified Member
i dont see where it advanced his position to win the game. where there are a few other shots that would do that to some degree.
so then it wasnt a good shot.

getting out of your jail cell isnt any good if you dont make it out of the prison.

OldSchool

Verified Member
i dont see where it advanced his position to win the game. where there are a few other shots that would do that to some degree.

getting out of your jail cell isnt any good if you dont make it out of the prison.
With his shot, Alex is out of the prison.

catkins

Verified Member
the two things I see that seem wrong to me here is it seems ghost can see the 12 or possibly bank the 9 which allows a free move for him to move a ball and lock you up again . not sure form the picture if this is true but if so it seems like it is going to take a lot longer to get out of trouble and possibly extracts alexs only threat

wincardona

Verified Member
Playing the 13ball into the 12ball is too risky especially considering the gain versus the loss. To easy to leave a return bank on the 12ball that could easily put you at a big disadvantage.

Dr. Bill

wincardona

Verified Member

I would say that Alex played a little unlucky leaving the return on the 9ball, there are many areas of the table that would have put Ghost in trouble other than where it ended up. The choice was a good one because of the high % of success. Especially when you strike balls as well as him.

Dr. Bill