Hard Times

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
painting some parts in the garage....was able to watch a lot of this.

thanks for the stream daniel.

congrats to frank on winning the tourney! :)

always like to see wayne play. couple tough rolls.

("hawaiian jimmy" sure doesn't need a shot clock.....)

Rt66

Verified Member
Mr. Almanza, congratulations on your tourney win yesterday!

I saw only your match with Mr. Pullen, in which I thought you displayed great patience, creativity, and pressure in battling a tough opponent.

I then later had the chance to hear some of your comments at the tourney end, which were very insightful.

It really was a treat to watch your play, hear your analysis.

A well earned victory. Again, congrats, sir.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
Mr. Almanza, congratulations on your tourney win yesterday!

I saw only your match with Mr. Pullen, in which I thought you displayed great patience, creativity, and pressure in battling a tough opponent.

I then later had the chance to hear some of your comments at the tourney end, which were very insightful.

It really was a treat to watch your play, hear your analysis.

A well earned victory. Again, congrats, sir.

Thanks for the good words from you guys.
I think I played pretty well for not having played much in the last two months. I did practice this last week more than I have in a while. I felt strong enough to go play this tournament.

My goal was, if I matched up with Santo Sambajon in the tournament, was to give him a better game than I have in the past. I realized that when I played him in the past I would try to make things happen that I would not try with other opponents. I set my goal to play him with more patience and it payed off.

I played him in the third round and won both games. I think the first game in a race to two I won something like eight to one or two. In the second game I was up four balls and missed and easy cross corner bank to make it five and then from there he got six balls. The game from there was mostly a defensive battle. It came down to both needing one ball and I made the winning ball with a cut shot long distance from the rail. I was hoping to hit it well enough to leave it not bankable but I was lucky that it fell in the hole. That match set the tempo for me for the rest of the tournament.

povpool

Verified Member
From
Studio City, CA
Great performance, Frank!

Great performance, Frank!

Frank, will you ever cease to amaze me?

It's funny that you came to me in the morning to say, 'Hello' to us and I mentioned that you could always join me in the commentary booth if you get knocked out. Well, that didn't happen, did it? You really put your mining cap on this time and found some gems; came from behind in game 2 to beat Santos 2-0, came from behind to beat Wayne Pullen; I learned a lot from your play on Saturday. Thanks so much for the lesson.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
nice win Frank!

I only caught part of your match with Wayne and then part of his next match but you (and Wayne) both played well.

Congrats sir!

povpool

Verified Member
From
Studio City, CA
nice win Frank!

I only caught part of your match with Wayne and then part of his next match but you (and Wayne) both played well.

Congrats sir!

You can now click directly on the 'timestamp' in the description of the video to cue you directly to the match or segment you're looking for...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQBf8i9mrxA[/ame]

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-06 at 5.44.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-06 at 5.44.12 PM.png
    93.5 KB · Views: 0

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I don't know, Frank. Something about this doesn't seem right.

Wayne and Santos are friends of mine, and I don't like to see them taken advantage of.

Cut it out! :heh

Disco Dave

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
I don't know, Frank. Something about this doesn't seem right.

Wayne and Santos are friends of mine, and I don't like to see them taken advantage of.

Cut it out! :heh

You're some fren o mine....you just stood by and let Frank clean me out of $$ last April at the Seniors :(:confused: ...never said a thing! :D

Last edited:

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Hard Times

I ran outa salt. Newkirk took it. Using pepper now...Mitch's peppers.

Oh yeah. They'll spice the gumbo. 🌶🌶😎. Don't leave me off of your dance card, Dave. I would love to play again, and we can adjust. Congrats Frank! I sure wish you were making it to N.O. Oh well. See you at the Derby maybe.

Last edited:

Disco Dave

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
Oh yeah. They'll spice the gumbo. 🌶🌶😎. Don't leave me off of your dance card, Dave. I would love to play again, and we can adjust. Congrats Frank! I sure wish you were making it to N.O. Oh well. See you at the Derby maybe.

I've already got you down givin me 10-6