Is This The New Forum Software?

hankh

Verified Member
From
Arrey, N.M.
Howdy All;

That was quick. Kinda caught me off-guard.
Almost sterile but ... I can adapt. Don't dislike it
just take some gettin' used to is all.

Thanks for the hard work, and the willingness to
do the hard work twice.

hank

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I like this format, Chris. How do I make the switch to show the latest post first?
by default, the way the software works is, when you click on a new thread it will automatically take you to the newest post that you have not read and then you can always go back or forward from there. There is also the link for "new posts" at the top under forums. There is not a way to reverse the order by default, although it looks like there is a paid add on for this if needed. Addons are pieces of code that developers write so that you can customize aspects of the forums that xenforo doesn't include out of the box.

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
Chris, As always, very grateful for your work here on website. Can you put a different shade on stickies ?

OK, Boomer . My granddaughters get a kick out of saying that. LOL:unsure::D

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Chris, As always, very grateful for your work here on website. Can you put a different shade on stickies ?

OK, Boomer . My granddaughters get a kick out of saying that. LOL:unsure::D
Yea, the little pin icon they have doesn't differentiate them enough, I agree.

I just changed it to a pale green for now but will likely change it to a diff color in the near future.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Ok, sorry Tapatalk users, I forgot to install the new version / addon, but its on there now and I just tested it, so you should be good with tapatalk use now, let me know if anyone runs into any issues with it

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Ok, sorry Tapatalk users, I forgot to install the new version / addon, but its on there now and I just tested it, so you should be good with tapatalk use now, let me know if anyone runs into any issues with it

Thank you [emoji4]

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I don't use those different font sizes often (except maybe communicating with mr3cushion lol). But this is a test.

Vapros, I highlited the text I wanted to enlarge, then selected the larger font number. The old vBulletin used it's own size numbers, but this one seems to use standard font numbers -- and fonts apparently.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Chris I decided to post some thing in the Journal, I couldn't figure how to add it to my older posts the T. J. parker thread..
So I just posted it, today same thing so i posed it today and it shows up above yesterday. Can that be changed or is that just how it is ?

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I’m inclined to disable tapatalk. I used to use it but it is loaded with ads. With this new software to me tapatalk seems unnecessary. Can someone explain to me why they would prefer tapatalk vs just using their phone browser??