John vs. Barry 7 - the end game - wwyd?

beatle

Verified Member
ghost, i typed too fast and was thinking the wrong pocket. it seems its catchy on this forum for some reason. maybe alzheimer's is prevalent here.

5 bucks a tee shirt to sign.

lll

Verified Member
These were the 2 easiest shots to execute for me (both shot one time to simulate game conditions):

1) kicking hard under the 3 to move both the 3 and the 9 from my opponent's side and;

2) kicking the 3 softly off the side rail.

Sorry for my head getting in the way at the end of each shot. If I only had Whitey's skills things may have been different 👍
number 2 was the shot from the beginning
"for us NINNIES"....:cool::cool:"
ghost i want a shirt too.....(y)

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
12 squared, yes there is a scratch there, after hitting the 9 ball and then the cb comes off the 3 to thin it scratches. That is why I stated; 'the shot is fraught with danger'. At least I think I clarified that! But I did recognize your shot coming off the 3 is the best shot, and is actually harder to scratch off of.
I did not pick your shot, did not really see it, hope I would in an actual game. This is the shot I initially seen, besides the double reverse bank.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/rfebSmygypze8soQ9
This shot is also fraught with danger. I believe I can return bank the 3 or the 9 and come around and get on the 13. So for some reason I am see more complex shots.
It is interesting what Ghost is going to post as Barry's shot.
Thanks Ghost for the wwyd, it sure helps during these times especially. Whitey

beatle

Verified Member
oh !! are we still in this same thread waiting to find out what easy shot barry shot. where the hell is barry to tell us.
time doesnt mean anything to a ghost so waiting on him is, whatever.

12squared

Verified Member
oh !! are we still in this same thread waiting to find out what easy shot barry shot. where the hell is barry to tell us.
time doesnt mean anything to a ghost so waiting on him is, whatever.
Agree, enough already Ghostie...spill the beans.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Did he take an intentional along the top rail to not let him see the 13 behind a spotted ball ?
Ok, ok, I'll spill the lentils :).....well, Barry didn't like any of those possible sell out/game-losing safeties...and so...

Brother Brit...that is exactly...

Correct.jpg

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Barry hit/positioned his cueball perfectly...here's how it ended up >>>

P.S. And now what does John do?....I know most will probably say that John's shot now is to go off of the left side of the 12 and then back over and behind the 13...but John is shooting from dead on the rail, and his angle is definitely not flat enough to be ideal - so he better not mess up and end up letting Barry see the 12, or the 3, or leave a bank on the 13.

002.JPG

Last edited:

Cory in dc

Verified Member
I took one shot at that one and I ended up scratching. That's why I didn't include it. Maybe my setup was a little different. Nicely done as usual.

I tried this as well and it didn't end up as good as yours. The 9 ended up being bankable and the cueball fell below the 3. That's why I didn't include it. I found it difficult to soft spin the cueball from being so close to the end rail and how I ended up setting the 3 and the 9. I love that shot if I had the whole cue ball to shoot so I could really spin it. Great shot though.
Definitely true that small changes in the setup can make a huge difference in the right shot. scratch didn’t seem an issue at all in my layout, where nearly a half ball hit was in order.

To keep up with you and Dennis I need to get a phone holder. And shoot better.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
Sorry bro, but you are incorrect...the 3ball blocks the path for a spotted ball to be pocketed.
You hit it fine, but you left the 3 bank with draw , death on a stick.
On a stick with a stick hmmm, you are probably right.
The soft kick into the 3 is a great shot, and you hit it perfect. Only thing I don't like about it is that pocket is huge coming off the 3 , a scratch here is 99% cryin time.

jtompilot

Verified Member
Barry hit/positioned his cueball perfectly...here's how it ended up >>>

P.S. And now what does John do?....I know most everybody will say that John's shot now is to go off of the left side of the 12 and then back over and behind the 13...but John is shooting from dead on the rail, and his angle is definitely not flat enough to be ideal - so he better not mess up and end up letting Barry see the 12, or the 3, or leave a bank on the 13.

View attachment 431462
WOW, that’s exactly where I wanted the QB by thinning the 13.

I’ll have to take some of these shots to a table

lll

Verified Member
john tries to cut the spot ball in and come back where he is
just dont hit it fat..... :eek:

12squared

Verified Member
Definitely true that small changes in the setup can make a huge difference in the right shot. scratch didn’t seem an issue at all in my layout, where nearly a half ball hit was in order.

To keep up with you and Dennis I need to get a phone holder. And shoot better.
Actually I hit the 3 ball to full and followed through to the pocket.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
It appears the wwyd is continuing! Well the obvious is to do the combination 9/3. I also thought this is the return shot, so was never a fan of just taking this intentional. Whitey

jtompilot

Verified Member
Uh Larry...I mean Jim, read 🧐 my post #107
Well, that’s just saying “you better not miss”.
You have to shoot the shots you think you can reasonably execute. A half ball hit usually is the most comfortable shot but Larry’s shot aiming for a miss over too thick might be better. I’ll take one swing at it and post my result

jtompilot

Verified Member
It appears the wwyd is continuing! Well the obvious is to do the combination 9/3. I also thought this is the return shot, so was never a fan of just taking this intentional. Whitey
If I can’t get on the other side of the 13 I’m not shooting the combo

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
I liked taking an intentional to the other side of the head rail within 6 inches of the pocket , frozen on the rail , yes you leave a combination but its mighty tough , and if they hit it a little off they could still sell out.
I think most shooters , would thin the 12 at their 3 ball and if they missed altogether it's not the end of the game , although hitting it too full and scratching is really bad. So, miss thin, if you miss .
I was wondering why you didn't answer my question 2 days ago , does a spotted ball pass the 3.
Not only are you ghostly , yer sneaky too. Do you know how to tell if it's a young ghost or an old ghost?