John vs. Barry 9 - wwyd?

lll

Verified Member
i am confused
unless barry got a double kiss the cut on the 6 is so thin to move it that far the cue ball would be flying
i must be missing something
if he banked it to his long rail i could buy it
here is a before and after
john barry before.pngjohn barry after.png

Ratamon

Well-Known-Member
i am confused
unless barry got a double kiss the cut on the 6 is so thin to move it that far the cue ball would be flying
i must be missing something
if he banked it to his long rail i could buy it
Good eye Larry. I agree he must have got, or played for, a double kiss there

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
Brother Chris, good call, that is eggzactly what Barry did...and he managed to hit it perfect = he got the 6ball right in front of his pocket, and he got his cueball evenly centered behind the stack where John is blocked from kicking out the 6, either from the long rail or the foot rail....here's how it came out >>>
That's a decent, standard shot, but the opponent is not really in any trouble here, although he does have to play defense-- which is how you want to keep your opponent.

IMO 3CBill's 9-10 ball shot is the best. AND, as I said in post #28, the elephant in the room is whether or not the ticky on the 5 ball is on. Maybe not, but if so, the CB cannot be left above the stack.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
All I can say is another great shot. I am having a hard time believing the 6 ball is that close to the pocket unless everything is covered in chalk or talcum powder.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
I can see what you guys are saying but if he used extreme LHE I think he can spin in there and cb hits off foot rail and maybe long rail too if he it it fuller and spun it.. heck I dunno but he did somehow lol

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
I can see what you guys are saying but if he used extreme LHE I think he can spin in there
^ Larry & Terry

As Chris said, and just as I was speaking of last week re. that other wwyd?, Barry's shot was another example of a shot where extreme outside english gets the job done....Barry very softly max.-spun his cueball, which after hitting the foot rail hit the long rail, and then came out to where you see it...

Also, the the 6ball is probably a little further out from the foot rail, 1/2" maybe, then it appears in the pics...

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
^ Larry & Terry

As Chris said, and just as I was speaking of last week re. that other wwyd?, Barry's shot was another example of a shot where extreme outside english gets the job done....Barry very softly max.-spun his cueball, which after hitting the foot rail hit the long rail, and then came out to where you see it...

Also, the the 6ball is probably a little further out from the foot rail, 1/2" maybe, then it appears in the pics...
Please tell him I said great shot, he had to hit it perfect for both things to happen, while stretched out a long way.

lll

Verified Member
^ Larry & Terry

Thanks ghost

wincardona

Verified Member
^ Larry & Terry

Ultra-conservative, IMO. I'm not sure if the shot helped or hurt the shooter.

Dr. Bill

OneRock

Verified Member
Brother Chris, good call, that is eggzactly what Barry did...and he managed to hit it perfect = he got the 6ball right in front of his pocket, and he got his cueball evenly centered behind the stack where John is blocked from kicking out the 6, either from the long rail or the foot rail....here's how it came out >>>

View attachment 431790
How's that even possible?

jay helfert

Verified Member
It's pretty tempting to bank the 15 toward your pocket. It's a much easier bank to see the angle on when you're so close to the ball. I'd try to put the cue ball near the middle of the table, because if you make the bank there is a big bonus no one seems to notice. The way the seven-five are laying is perfect to shoot them at your hole. If you hit the seven square into the right half of the five and stick the cue ball right there, both balls will be heading toward your pocket and may even make the six (or go off the six). You can win the game from here! I look for shots like this, rather than leave two balls close to my opponents pocket. Call me crazy but that's the shot I like, starting with the bank on the 15. This is RA One Pocket and he had a huge influence on me. He ran out from nowhere over and over again, shooting shots like this.

Last edited: