Keith "Squirrel" Thompson

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Got a call this morn from Texas Squirrel, Keith Thompson. Keith won the 9 ball and the all around at Johnston City in 1970 beating Ronnie and Wimpy. I dont remember how the hell he got my phone number. He wanted to cut up old jackpots, as he has been retired and kinda wants to reminisce about his old pool days. He and I played almost daily at JC in 1970. He was a stone hippie back then.

He would like to make it to DCC this year. He didnt even know there was such a thing as DCC. Felt bad about Grady passing, and all the others.
He also asked me to say hello to Cardone and SJD. Keith is the first player I ever knew that verified that there was ever such a thing as a San Jose Dick.:eek: (Unlike the Beard who everybody knows, save the aforementioned DickBrain.)

He is thinking about posting if he can figure out how to do it. His son posts up on AZ.

Beard

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
WOW! I thought he quit pool back in 1970, then eventually died. What a blast from the past! Glad to hear that he's still kickin'. Is he planning to start back playing? He'd only be about 60 now, right?

Doc

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Got a call this morn from Texas Squirrel, Keith Thompson. Keith won the 9 ball and the all around at Johnston City in 1970 beating Ronnie and Wimpy.
He asked me to say hello to Cardone and SJD. Keith is the first player I ever knew that verified that there was ever such a thing as a San Jose Dick...(Unlike the Beard who everybody knows, save the aforementioned DickBrain.)

Beard

That could be for any one (or all) of the following reasons;...

A..SJD played well enough to PREFER staying UNDER the radar.:p

B..The Duck, was NOT IN LOVE, with hearing the sound of his own voice, (quack) or reading his printed word..:p

C..He also could give a sh*t less, about creating a "POOL LEGACY". (real or imagined) :p

D..The Duck found it MUCH more profitable, to spread his "GOT BEAT BY LIST"..rather than the opposite..:p

E..He even went so far, as to circulate a rumor, that he (SJD) was a TALL, DARK SKINNED, LEFT-HANDED MEXICAN..:p

F..There are many more reasons, but, I think even the THICKEST OF SLATE-HEAD'S, would get my drift..:rolleyes: :p :p :p

The Quiet Duck <--Strikes again..heh,heh..:D

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Originally Posted by fred bentivegna
Got a call this morn from Texas Squirrel, Keith Thompson. Keith won the 9 ball and the all around at Johnston City in 1970 beating Ronnie and Wimpy.
He asked me to say hello to Cardone and SJD. Keith is the first player I ever knew that verified that there was ever such a thing as a San Jose Dick. (Unlike the Beard who everybody knows, save the aforementioned DickBrain.)

Beard

That could be for any one of the following reasons;...

A..SJD played well enough to PREFER staying UNDER the radar. -- as evidenced by the humility and aversion to attention you have displayed on this forum over the years.:lol

B..The Duck, was NOT IN LOVE, with hearing the sound of his own voice, (quack) or reading his printed word..:p---saying it again....as evidenced by the humility and aversion to attention you have displayed on this forum over the years

C..He also did not give a sh*t about building a LEGACY. (real or imagined) :p-- You have out-bragged me on this forum the last couple of years by a large margin using that special technique you developed called, "leak-bragging." Whereby you non-chalantly introduce the brag into an unrelated post under the guise of "further information."

D..The Duck found it much more profitable, to circulate a "GOT BEAT BY LIST"..than the opposite..:p --Of course, but if it was such a good idea, why for heavens sake did you need to put on dem brown shorts?

E..There are many more reasons, but, I think even the THICKEST OF SLATE-HEAD"S, would get my drift..:rolleyes: :p :p :p

Bottom line, Keith looked to find me and not you.;)

Beard

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Bottom line, Keith looked to find me and not you.;)

Beard

A..SJD played well enough to PREFER staying UNDER the radar. -- FB= as evidenced by the humility and aversion to attention you have displayed on this forum over the years..

B..The Duck, was NOT IN LOVE, with hearing the sound of his own voice, (quack) or reading his printed word.. FB=saying it again....as evidenced by the humility and aversion to attention you have displayed on this forum over the years

C..He also did not give a sh*t about building a LEGACY. (real or imagined) --FB= You have out-bragged me on this forum the last couple of years by a large margin using that special technique you developed called, "leak-bragging." Whereby you non-chalantly introduce the brag into an unrelated post under the guise of "further information."

D..The Duck found it much more profitable, to circulate a "GOT BEAT BY LIST"..than the opposite.. --FB=Of course, but if it was such a good idea, why for heavens sake did you need to put on dem brown shorts?

Beard

A=My kingdom for a POLL !...Anyone, Please (estimate 750 to 1, your way)

B=Ditto, (except maybe 1500 to 1, your way)

C=Completely FALSE, also any IDIOT (even RBL) knows what a 'pool legacy' is worth..:rolleyes::rolleyes:

D=Same answer..Because, even an IDIOT knows what a 'pool legacy' is worth..:rolleyes::rolleyes:

E=???? (you cleverly avoided that one)

F=Late edit, (look it up)... but apparently I was wrong..:frus

Last edited:

Terry Ardeno

Verified Member
From
Washington, Pa
Fred,
"Leak bragging"....that was funny! Where (HOW???) do you come up with these gems? I wrote that one down so I can use it against somebody someday, should the need arise.

Anyway, I heard that Keith became a Christian and a preacher. Is that
accurate?

Terry Ardeno

Verified Member
From
Washington, Pa
C=Completely FALSE, also any IDIOT (even RBL) knows what a 'pool legacy' is worth..:rolleyes::rolleyes:

SJD,

You, Fred, Billy (aka Dr Bill), Grady, etc have a "pool legacy". That's something that probably only a fraction of a fraction of a percent of players ever achieve.

It's worth you being in the Hall of Fame, which won't pay any bills but still has a super nice ring to it!

In the caste system of pooldom, you guys are gatrillionaires compared to other mere peasants who post among us! :D

I also have a theory that the better one shoots pool, the funnier they post! I have no scientific data, no sources....it's not even a thesis yet. But there's definitely something true about it.

"Where there's smoke, there's fire" and "Where there's a pool HOF'er, there's comedy"

SJDinPHX

Suspended
I also have a theory that the better one shoots pool, the funnier they post! I have no scientific data, no sources....it's not even a thesis yet. But there's definitely something true about it.

Sorry Terry, but the obvious flaw in your 'theory' would be da Beardmonster hisself...He is truly a very funny, witty [sic] gentleman..
....But what about the 'good pool player' part ??? :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Fred,
"Leak bragging"....that was funny! Where (HOW???) do you come up with these gems? I wrote that one down so I can use it against somebody someday, should the need arise.

Anyway, I heard that Keith became a Christian and a preacher. Is that
accurate?

I heard that too, but I didnt want to bring that subject up when we were talking. I prefer to think of him as that good-looking, wild, fast-betting, weed smoking 19 yr old kid that I used to play.

Beard

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Sorry Terry, but the obvious flaw in your 'theory' would be da Beardmonster hisself...He is truly a very funny, witty [sic] gentleman..
....But what about the 'good pool player' part ??? :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Here is another "brag leak" for your collection. (You have taught me the art of that craft very well sir.) Plus this is even pertinent to this thread. I have been "besieged" with PM requests from people wanting to know how I played Keith the year he won the Johnston City All-Around. ---- I sucessfully gave him a ball playing one pocket. :heh

Beard

SJDinPHX

Suspended
[/B]
Here is another "brag leak" for your collection. (You have taught me the art of that craft very well sir.) Plus this is even pertinent to this thread. I have been "besieged" with PM requests from people wanting to know how I played Keith the year he won the Johnston City All-Around. ---- I sucessfully gave him a ball playing one pocket. :heh

Beard

Sorry Beardo, that was an OUTRIGHT 'brag'...Besides, playing for a hot dog, and a coke with your road buddy, should NOT count,..
..even on YOUR "beat list"..;) (You did say you let him use your stick to play, didn't you ???) :confused:

SuperDuck <---Still the champion of the SMOOTH "brag leak"..:lol...Note; Latest 'brag' count, (both types)..FB-763...SJD-2) :D :D :D

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Sorry Beardo, that was an OUTRIGHT 'brag'...Besides, playing for a hot dog, and a coke with your road buddy, should NOT count,..
..even on YOUR "beat list"..;) (You did say you let him use your stick to play, didn't you ???) :confused:

SuperDuck <---Still the champion of the SMOOTH "brag leak"..:lol...Note; Latest 'brag' count, (both types)..FB-763...SJD-2) :D :D :D

I didnt let him use it to play me. I won $5000 at Johnston City that year. That is an awful lot of hotdogs and cokes.

Beard

I think you have gotten your daily lunch at UPS mixed up with my serious betting.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
I didnt let him use it to play me. I won $5000 at Johnston City that year. That is an awful lot of hotdogs and cokes.

Beard

I certainly would not doubt, that you won at least 5K (for the ENTIRE year)...You played every day ending in "Y"...:rolleyes:
The question now is, how much did you LOSE ???..:confused:

PS..You may PM me with the count (to avoid further embarassment)..:p :p :p

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I certainly would not doubt, that you won at least 5K (for the ENTIRE year)...You played every day ending in "Y"...:rolleyes:
The question now is, how much did you LOSE ???..:confused:

PS..You may PM me with the count (to avoid further embarassment)..:p :p :p

Glad to see that you went for the bait. You are so predictable. Now, I have 2 recent live affirmations of some of my time in Johnston City. Keith Thompson, and then Big Truck's sample video that verifies my beating Buddy Hall there; the next question is this, Mr Big Action: I played every day and played a plethora of players, Keith, Hubert Cokes, David Sizemore, Wade Crane, Brooklyn Charlie, Buddy Hall, Jim Rempe, Jimmy Marino, Eddie Burton, Cole Dickson, Steve Gumphrey, etc., etc.; now you once leaked it that you attended Johnston City also. Would you be so kind to illuminate for all of us, at least one of all those players there that you battled during your time there? You did play somebody, right? :confused: You didnt go all the way down there to hide behind a post and just peek out at the action did you?

That was the 60s early 70s. That was supposed to be your Prime time wasnt it? The, "didnt fear no human and bet like there was no tomorrow" time, right?
With all those players to choose from you must have padded your beat list pretty good, right? Sorry, I cant hear you. Please speak up. Please fill in the blanks.

SJD victim #1_______________
SJD victim #2________________
SJD victim #3________________

I'll make it even easier. Just name somebody you played. You didnt even have to beat them____________________.

Beard

Please dont just change the subject.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Glad to see that you went for the bait. You are so predictable. Now, I have 2 recent live affirmations of some of my time in Johnston City. Keith Thompson, and then Big Truck's sample video that verifies my beating Buddy Hall there;<--Buddy said he didn't remember, didn't he ? Thats understandable, I have forgotten a LOT of my "EARLY CHILDHOOD" too. :D

The next question is this, Mr Big Action: I played every day and played a plethora of players,* Keith,* Hubert Cokes,* David Sizemore, *Wade Crane, Brooklyn Charlie, *Buddy Hall, Jim Rempe,* Jimmy Marino, *Eddie Burton,* Cole Dickson, Steve Gumphrey, etc., etc.; now you once leaked it that you attended Johnston City also. Would you be so kind to illuminate for all of us, at least one of all those players there that you battled during your time there? You did play somebody, right? :confused: You didnt go all the way down there to hide behind a post and just peek out at the action did you? <--I certainly didn't go there to hug everybody, and pose for pictures !..Besides, unlike YOU.. they did not SWARM all over me, looking to play

That was the 60s early 70s. That was supposed to be your Prime time wasnt it? The, "didnt fear no human and bet like there was no tomorrow" time, right?
With all those players to choose from you must have padded your beat list pretty good, right? Sorry, I cant hear you. Please speak up. Please fill in the blanks.

SJD victim #1 Craig Stevens
SJD victim #2 Ed Kelly
SJD victim #3 U.J. steered me to a couple good spots near J.City..(He said he would have taken you, but he was afraid you couldn't take it off) :p

I'll make it even easier. Just name somebody you played. You didnt even have to beat them____________________.

Beard

Please dont just change the subject.

I only went to J.C. one and a half times, so it was impossible to compete with your "beat (or beat by) list"..However, notice all the *'s...I played all of them (most,more than once) and a ton of other player's.

..I didn't HAVE to travel cross country..I either traveled to their home court, or they came to me in S.J. or Texas..;) I heard you say once, that you avoided me, is that true..? I would have loved a chance to get on YOUR 'beat list'..We could have played 'POCKET SPEED' banks, or I would have given you some weight in 1P...:cool: Heh, heh

I understand they traveled from far and wide, to get on your "beat list"..(Didn't you EVER catch on ?) :p :p :p :p

SuperDuck

PS..I hope I answered all of your 'burning' questions, to your satisfaction..Unlike you, I have never felt the need to take notes, much less, OBTAIN SIGNED AFFADAVITS..!.:eek:

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I only went to J.C. one and a half times, so it was impossible to compete with your "beat (or beat by) list"..However, notice all the *'s...I played all of them (most,more than once) and a ton of other player's.

..I didn't HAVE to travel cross country..I either traveled to their home court, or they came to me in S.J. or Texas..;) I heard you say once, that you avoided me, is that true..? I would have loved a chance to get on YOUR 'beat list'..We could have played 'POCKET SPEED' banks, or I would have given you some weight in 1P...:cool: Heh, heh

I understand they traveled from far and wide, to get on your "beat list"..(Didn't you EVER catch on ?) :p :p :p :p

SuperDuck

PS..I hope I answered all of your 'burning' questions, to your satisfaction..Unlike you, I have never felt the need to take notes, much less, OBTAIN SIGNED AFFADAVITS..!.:eek:

Everyone that I cited on my play list at Johnston City -- and I am only citing what happened in one year,1970, I either played even 1pkt or banks or spotted them. Cokes 8 to 7. Wade Crane, 9 to 8. Keith Thompson 9 to 8, David Sizemore, 9 to 7. --- and I was there every year except 1961.

You mentioned Craig Stevens and E Kelly. That is who you played at JC? I will bet your Medicare card that you didnt play Kelly even -- anything. Kelly wanted none of my bank action. You also never mentioned the bets involved.
You like to giggle and teehee about the realities of what I did down there, but you can bet your Pension that I never played less than $100 a game.

Beard

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Everyone that I cited on my play list at Johnston City -- and I am only citing what happened in one year,1970, I either played even 1pkt or banks or spotted them. Cokes 8 to 7. Wade Crane, 9 to 8. Keith Thompson 9 to 8, David Sizemore, 9 to 7. --- and I was there every year except 1961.

You mentioned Craig Stevens and E Kelly. That is who you played at JC? I will bet your Medicare card that you didnt play Kelly even -- anything. Kelly wanted none of my bank action. You also never mentioned the bets involved.
You like to giggle and teehee about the realities of what I did down there, but you can bet your Pension that I never played less than $100 a game.

Beard

Nothing new here, but more "BRA**ING (big surprise there:p)...And yes, I gave Stevens 9/8 IP, and played Kelly even..will PM his ph.# for a "genuine" verification if you'd like...(before you send me your 'Medicare Card')..:cool:

PS..Oh, by the way, in your own words..."I didn't mature as a player (at any thing but banks) until I was about 30"... I make that about '1970 or '71...Pray tell, what did you do from '62 to '70...:confused:..(Oh, thats right, those were your "Dr*g addled years")...Boy, they must have been expensive..8/9 yrs., @ $100 a game minimum..:eek: :eek: :eek: :rolleyes:

PPS..Can we please move on now, for YOUR sake ?...I seem to be about the only one old enough, who can question your
astounding [sic] list of [sic] achievements..:D :cool: (..latest 'brag' count..FB--783...SJD--5)

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Nothing new here, but more "BRA**ING (big surprise there:p)...And yes, I gave Stevens 9/8 IP, and played Kelly even..will PM his ph.# for a "genuine" verification if you'd like...(before you send me your 'Medicare Card')..:cool:

PS..Oh, by the way, in your own words..."I didn't mature as a player (at any thing but banks) until I was about 30"... I make that about '1970 or '71...Pray tell, what did you do from '62 to '70...:confused:..(Oh, thats right, those were your "Dr*g addled years")...Boy, they must have been expensive..8/9 yrs., @ $100 a game minimum..:eek: :eek: :eek: :rolleyes:

PPS..Can we please move on now, for YOUR sake ?...I seem to be about the only one old enough, who can question your
astounding [sic] list of [sic] achievements
-- That is because you are the only one creepy enough to keep beating on the same dead horse. My beat list has certainly already been vetted enough to shut up everybody else but a denial freak like you. I have been vetted a whole lot more than the guy that is in office right now, thats for sure. (..latest 'brag' count..FB--783...SJD--5)
It only seems that long because you piss on every one of my posts and I have to repost and defend myself.

Please provide a year, and there didnt seem to be any mention of the bet or the outcomes. Or the particular game with Kelly.
FYI I didnt do coke until I was 40 years old.:sorry

Beard

SJDinPHX

Suspended
FYI I didnt do coke until I was 40 years old.:sorry <--I realize you are losing track of your "decades" (as am I)..But you would have to be at least 115, to cover all the 'time lines' you toss out there!..)...Please quit this discussion, or you will force me to embarass you, AGAIN.. Then you'll have to RE-POST, to defend yourself..And "The Beat Goes On", (and on, and on, and on).:eek:

REPEAT..Can we please move on now, for YOUR sake ?..as I seem to be about the only one old enough, who can question
your [sic] astonishing [sic] achievements..:frus ( And that does seem to 'chap' your old ass)..:D

Puhleeeeze, can't you see, you would be wise to heed my sage advice, and quit...while you THINK you are ahead..:rolleyes: :cool:

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Puhleeeeze, can't you see, you would be wise to heed my sage advice, and quit...while you THINK you are ahead.

Why, is there something I should be ashamed of? Playing the best players in the world for big money all my life, all over the country? Or is it that it overshadows your meager, short-term accomplishments in your "illustrious" career? Is that why you want to put that conversation to sleep? That I am able to talk about all those times and situations that you were never a part of?:sorry
Unlike you, there are a few people that are interested in those old school times. Maybe some people might like to know how those guys played back then? What kind of tables were used? Cue balls? What cue sticks were popular. Any interesting side stories that ocurred? All the kinds of information that I have on hand and can provide.
But anytime I start the conversation about old jackpots your alarm goes off and you immediately cut the thread off at the pass and scare off any interested parties.

I am sooo sure that everyone doesnt at all want to hear about pool games with Keith Thompson, Wade Crane, Gumphrey, etc. I am sooo sure everybody would much rather hear about your latest drinking adventures in the local bar or view the same fat, ugly broad pics you put up.

Finally, I didnt hear your response to this. Or is it only me that is able to address your ridiculous "charges," and insinuations. :frus

"Please provide a year, and there didnt seem to be any mention of the bet or the outcomes. Or the particular game with Kelly." Inquiring minds want to know.

Beard

It should be apparent by now that I have no "quit" in me.