vero beach fl
thanks to evergruven on azb for posting the link
not strickly onepocket but for all efren has done for our sport
i thought i would post it here instead of the members section

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I just watched the whole interview -- it was great! I was impressed that Wilson was around Efren that much, and so he was able to talk with Efren first hand about significant matches and match ups with some legendary players -- including when Efren first played One Pocket with Freddy the Beard, and then Bugs in Chicago! Early on Wilson asks Efren about the great players in the US when Efren first came here and ended up competing as Ceasar Morales at Reds in Houston, and Efren mentions Sigel, and also tries to mention a player that he goes on to say that died, but he cannot remember his name. Wilson was no help with that for Efren but I think Efren had to have been trying to think of Wade Crane -- Billy Johnson -- who was playing phenomenal 9-ball at that time.

Then when Wilson brought up One Pocket -- which I really appreciate that he did that -- but you can tell he is not really a One Pocket guy so he could not really go beneath the surface at "our game" with Efren unfortunately.

But I really enjoyed the interview, thank you!!!

keoneyo

Verified Member
I just watched the whole interview -- it was great! I was impressed that Wilson was around Efren that much, and so he was able to talk with Efren first hand about significant matches and match ups with some legendary players -- including when Efren first played One Pocket with Freddy the Beard, and then Bugs in Chicago! Early on Wilson asks Efren about the great players in the US when Efren first came here and ended up competing as Ceasar Morales at Reds in Houston, and Efren mentions Sigel, and also tries to mention a player that he goes on to say that died, but he cannot remember his name. Wilson was no help with that for Efren but I think Efren had to have been trying to think of Wade Crane -- Billy Johnson -- who was playing phenomenal 9-ball at that time.

Then when Wilson brought up One Pocket -- which I really appreciate that he did that -- but you can tell he is not really a One Pocket guy so he could not really go beneath the surface at "our game" with Efren unfortunately.

The interview was great but I found Wilson to do a great percentage of the talking.
I think Efren might be more articulate in his own Tagalog.
It would be great if we could get a legitimate translator to translate his exact thoughts about his history and the game.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado

The player that died, he possibly meant Medina. But Danny got BBQ'd is what I heard. I was there in it's inception, where Buddy Hall waited like a Big Old Bullfrog to get Effies cash, and did. He waited till Reyes was worn from all the prior cash game wins.