Members Map?

oldschool1478

Verified Member
From
Quincy, MA
The link I had saved for the members map no longer connects.
Has it disappeared?
I just moved to the Boston area and would like to find some local players.
If you are one, please leave a private message.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I'm north, in central NH. Yes we have a few members from the Boston area. I think the map works, but it is slow to load. That is the function of how it works apparently. But last time I tried it, it worked. Edit -- I just tried it and it does work -- but it might take about a full minute to load. Once you get loaded (lol) you can click on names.

PS anyone who is not on here, you just need to add your zipcode -- or the zipcode of the room you generally play out of.

Last edited:

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Repeating my recent request - can you put the font option and font size back in operation? It would be a great help to me. Thanks -

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Repeating my recent request - can you put the font option and font size back in operation? It would be a great help to me. Thanks -
Hey Bill, I am not sure what changed on your end but nothing was done to the font options. I am not sure exactly what you mean to be honest. I will help if I can though, I looked back at your pm and still not sure what the issue is, let me know, thx!

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Hey Bill, I am not sure what changed on your end but nothing was done to the font options. I am not sure exactly what you mean to be honest. I will help if I can though, I looked back at your pm and still not sure what the issue is, let me know, thx!
I think what he is "looking" for is a view of the forum that is like a larger print edition -- I feel his pain. Bill I am wondering on what device you are reading the forum? You might be able to change the display size on your device??

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
on a side note
when you click on members above is there a way to see a list of all the members ??

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
I'm north, in central NH. Yes we have a few members from the Boston area. I think the map works, but it is slow to load. That is the function of how it works apparently. But last time I tried it, it worked. Edit -- I just tried it and it does work -- but it might take about a full minute to load. Once you get loaded (lol) you can click on names.

PS anyone who is not on here, you just need to add your zipcode -- or the zipcode of the room you generally play out of.
Be nice, if the zip codes referenced a home table there or not....an icon would be a nice touch.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
When I am typing a response to a post, as I'm doing now, I'm not able to use a larger type, as I used to do. The bold option is working, and the italic, but the font family and font size are not. I was asking if they could be put back in action. I can also underline, so some options are working.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
When I am typing a response to a post, as I'm doing now, I'm not able to use a larger type, as I used to do. The bold option is working, and the italic, but the font family and font size are not. I was asking if they could be put back in action. I can also underline, so some options are working.

Just wanted to C if they were working on mine, Vap...../Werk... I don't know...Alright...

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I think what he is "looking" for is a view of the forum that is like a larger print edition -- I feel his pain. Bill I am wondering on what device you are reading the forum? You might be able to change the display size on your device??
if you are trying to change the font size of the forums in general and increase it, you can just use your chrome or browser settings to do that. Upper right under settings choose to ZOOM. Or you can hold the control button ion and use the mouse wheel (short cut) to lower and raise the font size.

As far as while you are typing, like Jimmy B said you can do that like you always have

Here is Book Antiqua in 26 pt.

Here is courier in 22 pt.

Let me know if I am missing what you are saying still, thanks!

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
on a side note
when you click on members above is there a way to see a list of all the members ??
Good question. I think we can only see members online and the trophy points like most likes, most posts, etc...plus it shows all the new members.

There is a setting to allow all members to be displayed but currently that setting is off because in the admin section it says something like "warning - this will impact the performance of your forums" so we chose to avoid it.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
A real dilemma, ck. An inch above the line I am typing, there are indicated 7 options for the appearance of my post. When the new format was new, I could access them all - to put some character in my comment and to make them easier to see. I didn't need to use any maneuver like you have suggested - just click on the symbol I wanted - and I'm not referring to my view of other posts in any thread, only to the response I'm working on. I note that Jimmy B seems to access them without trouble - I can, also, except for the font style and font size. You're my guru - do you think it could be in my machine? Thanks -

sorackem

Well-Known-Member
Jimmy B seems to access them without trouble - I can, also, except for the font style and font size.
You might try using a different browser.
If you can access those with a different browser, it might be something as simple as a settings permission in the original browser.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
A real dilemma, ck. An inch above the line I am typing, there are indicated 7 options for the appearance of my post. When the new format was new, I could access them all - to put some character in my comment and to make them easier to see. I didn't need to use any maneuver like you have suggested - just click on the symbol I wanted - and I'm not referring to my view of other posts in any thread, only to the response I'm working on. I note that Jimmy B seems to access them without trouble - I can, also, except for the font style and font size. You're my guru - do you think it could be in my machine? Thanks -
Hmm, I really don't know..

Here is what mine looks like when I am replying:

You are saying that the "A" (which controls font family) and the "T" (which controls font size) are not present along your BBCode bar? Can you take a screen grab and post it so I can see what you see?

To do that, you can use snipping tool if you have experience with it. The easiest way is probably this:

1) make sure you have exactly what you want on your screen (and nothing personal that you don't want others to see)

2) hold in ALT and press "PRINT SCREEN"

3) go to this thread in the reply box, make sure your cursor is blinking in the box and then paste it (by holding in CTRL and press the letter "V")

Let me know if you cant get it!