One Pocket Streams

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I never played with ball in hand after the break
Yes, years back for several years at Derby City, there was a "One Pocket Challenge" doing basically what Filler was doing except I believe you shot from where it was after the break. On a scratch you got BIH behind the line but I believe -1 to your score. However the scratch was possibly worth it as I recall because of the BIH start. Back then they were not smashing the pack open but instead using an extra firm break from a specific side, swinging the cue ball up around the middle of the table and starting like that. That's what I remember. Jay Helfert was the principle behind it. Onepocket.org helped sponsor it by adding a little money I think. For 100 you got 3 sets of 5 racks each or something like that. And if you wanted to give it another swing you could throw in another 100 for 3 more tries.

The record was Gabe Owen, who put together 60 in 5 racks that way, and I believe that was a good 5 balls above the next best, even with multiple efforts by guys like Alex and Efren and Corey.

One year Corey was betting he would run 15 vs the ghost. Might have been getting 2-1 on the money or something. If it was even money that says a lot!! He was doing it quite frequently apparently but when I was watching a ball hung up in a different pocket and the guy Corey was betting refused that the rule was if Corey knocked that into the other pocket (while making a ball in his own pocket), it would spot up. Of course if Corey couldn't spot it up he was done right there. Corey may have neglected to explain that rule before the bet, I missed that part.

Ratamon

Verified Member
From
London, UK

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Wow! Does anyone know who Billy played in that match ? It looks like it may be from 1990 US Open. I think Accustats taped two of Billy's matches from that year - one against Kim Davenport (11-2) and another against Sal Butera (11-4) but I haven't seen them. If anyone has a copy of the full match, I'd love to see it.

It was the 90 US Open. Back when the girls played their Open at the same time as guys.. It was Davenport match, I think.. I had it just on tape and traded it along with a bunch of other nineball matches for some one pocket, many years ago. Dr. Bill played fantastic. Buddy said he played picture perfect nine ball. I think he took fourth when Sigel finally stopped him...This was the same tournament when Varner made that incredible comeback on Sigel to win and then beat Archer in the finals..

povpool

Verified Member
From
Studio City, CA
One Pocket action from POV Pool this week!
  • POV Pool's YouTube Channel
  • Wednesday July 8th @ 12PM / PST
  • Live from Stiix Billiards in Ventura, California
  • One Pocket Challenge / $ Per Game, Action!
  • Jerry Matchin vs Jim Tomassoni / Baby Huey vs The Pilot!
  • No public entry - This is a closed set event!
In 2018, POV Pool streamed an epic battle between Jerry Matchin and Jim Tomassoni in the finals of the 2018, OnePocket.org, Annual Member's Tournament which took place at California Billiards. This match played on until 5:30 in the morning and resulted in Hill/Hill victory for Jim, hailing him the 2018, OnePocket.org's. One-Pocket Champion! Watch this match!

Wednesday's broadcast will be a 'free', live-stream brought to you by POV Pool and hosted by Stiix Billiards - Any and all donations are greatly appreciated via PayPal at 'povpool@gmail.com' - If nothing else, please 'like' and subscribe!