rodney..it ain't for sissies

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I'm trying to fight through this back pain that i'm having but it doesn't look good for me going to Chicago to play in the tournament and relieve some of you guy's of the cash on the side action that was proposed by my partner Ghosty.:( I will still try to come but if my back doesn't improve by tomorrow evening then i'm going to have to cancel, hopefully I can make it mainly because Ghosty can use the lessens he will learn in our partners matches.:heh

If i'm not able to attend I hope all you guys have a great time and play well in the tournament. Even if i'm able to attend I still hope you guys have a great time, however, the playing great in the tournament may not stand.

Dr. Bill

keoneyo

Verified Member
Billy have you tried acupuncture and massage therapy. It takes a while but can improve with a sustained schedule. Also stretches seem to have helped me as well but you must be consistent. Unless off course you have something medical that is a deeper problem. Anyway I wish you well. From one who has back trouble, rotater cuff strain, and knee problems as well.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I'm trying to fight through this back pain that i'm having but it doesn't look good for me going to Chicago to play in the tournament and relieve some of you guy's of the cash on the side action that was proposed by my partner Ghosty.:( I will still try to come but if my back doesn't improve by tomorrow evening then i'm going to have to cancel, hopefully I can make it mainly because Ghosty can use the lessens he will learn in our partners matches.:heh

If i'm not able to attend I hope all you guys have a great time and play well in the tournament. Even if i'm able to attend I still hope you guys have a great time, however, the playing great in the tournament may not stand.

Dr. Bill

Dammit!

Sorry to hear Bill. Hope you see some quick improvement.

I prescribe Black Jack and Rum. (If that works, don't take any money North with you.)

Dr. John

keoneyo

Verified Member
BTW DR BILL, youre doing some great commentary on the MIH event even with the back pain.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Buprenorphine
Geared to back receptors, not brain receptors
Pain management Drs approved by DEA
Try it, you'll like the results
Then of course there's MM

JAM

Verified Member
Billy,

Keith wears a back wrap thingie that helps his back issues, but Danny Green, a local player in our neck of the woods, told Keith about this cherry/ginger/tumeric syrup that his doctor told him about. It helps with pain in the back. You take two tablespoons a day. Keith said it helps.

This is it. Maybe give it a try. It can't hurt. It is all natural.

Hope you feel better. It is awful to have pain.

Attachments

• 146684.jpg
    146684.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 0

chicagomike

Verified Member
Hope thing turn around for you....always sorry to see medical ailments keeping people from doing what they love to do.

one pocket guy

Verified Member
From
Arkansas (near Memphis Tn)
Dr. Bill?

Dr. Bill?

Have you ever used the Tens devices on your back pain. I'm not sure of the name but I've heard it called that. It is a little thing the size of an iPod that delivers shocks to a pad stuck to your trouble spot. They work wonders!
If you've had back problems for a while you may already know. If not buy one and try it. I've had recuring back issues from my racing days and it works for me. I hope you feel better. Back Spasms suck!~T

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I'm starting to feel quite blessed that it still looks like I will be there -- man what a rough run for our player members!!!

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Dang!

I sure hope you feel better and can attend Dr. Bill!

Was looking forward to sweating some of your partner games with Ghost and maybe even donating a few dollars to your rainy day fund... :)

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
rodney..it ain't for sissies

I know you don't want to miss it Billy so I hope you are feeling better!!

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I'm sorry but I just can't make it my back is too bad. I was looking forward to playing but it just ain't gonna happen, this sucks, sorry.

Dr. Bill

chicagomike

Verified Member
I'm sorry but I just can't make it my back is too bad. I was looking forward to playing but it just ain't gonna happen, this sucks, sorry.

Dr. Bill

Sorry to hear it Billy. I was looking forward to finally getting a chance to play some with you. I hope you're able to do what it takes to help with your back pain.

phil dade

Verified Member
From
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32082
Bill,

I wish you well and relate to where you are. Two great suggestions that I can second based on personal experience.

1. Massage as suggested by Keone, but you must find the right person. My masseuse specializes in Chinese healing methods. It works. I spend every Thursday from 2-5, having her work on me. For my back she does a "spinal meltdown", for my shoulder/rotator she does reflexology on my right wrist for my shoulder pain. My shoulder was so bad it was uncomfortable/hurt to stroke a cue. The pain is gone.

2. Tart Cherry Juice as suggested by JAM. My wife swears by it. I did not believe her, but I believe JAM :), so I am taing it in a few hours.

I hope one works for you,

GL
Phil

Last edited:

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Sorry you can't make it to Chicago Bill. My back has gone out on me several times and it's just horrible when it happens. Take care, see you next time.

Jim

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH

Dr. Bill

:(

Sorry to hear it!

Maybe one of these days down the road when we have an event like this with some streaming, we could set up our discord server so that Dr. Bill (from home in his PJ's) could be "in the box" and do some commentating on a streamed match that typically would have no sound other than the ambiance in the room. Members who wanted to listen could log in and watch the stream while listening to some top notch commentating! Someone else could join him too and we could rotate people in who were interested.

Anyways, don't want to derail the thread - feel better good doctor, guess I saved some calcutta money! (or am I losing it?) =D