Rules Update Conversation

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
I think I mentioned this in a thread somewhere or posted it in one of his HOF posts but that was the thing about Clem! Of course I never saw him play but from those I spoke to about him and his game who knew him well said it was so hard to beat Clem because he would literally never give his opponent a shot. Never....He would take many intentional fouls before letting his opponent have a chance at making a ball, lol....

I mean if you think about it, yea it makes sense, just dont let them shoot at their pocket and they can't win!

But for me if I was playing against him I probably wouldn't play too many because I like feeling like I have a chance to be in the game! I would be more like Eddie Taylor and just give up on that game!
Back then it was way different. If you didn't win, you might not eat, or have a place to hang your hat for the night.

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD
You'll like this darmoose, from when I interviewed "The Jockey" and he talked about Eugene "Clem" Metz:

That is interesting, seems there is a bit of reasonableness to discussion about "option", maybe someday? And don't think I have forgotten that you haven't answered my query about playing some "option" OP in Chicago............you owe me!! :) :LOL:

JeaLouS44

Verified Member
From
FL
-Make a ball on the break.
Spot it and sit. that includes if you make a ball in your opponents pocket.
-Base of ball is fine with me. Whole ball makes a safe zone, 5-1/2" x 50" that is 275 square inches, it is 5.5% of the playing surface, also losing 112.5 square inches, which is a bigger percentage of the kitchen, while placing the CB.
We are players, we should be able to tell if the base of a ball is touching the line.
-Touch a ball/any ball.
Foul

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
That is interesting, seems there is a bit of reasonableness to discussion about "option", maybe someday? And don't think I have forgotten that you haven't answered my query about playing some "option" OP in Chicago............you owe me!! :) :LOL:
Moose.......we're now in the ''marination'' stage of tapping. But the steak$ aren't on the grille, Quite yet. :coffee: And they may even go bad. :)