Scott FROST vs. Efren REYES - 2016 DERBY CITY CLASSIC ONE-POCKET - - - Ghost & Steve Booth commentating!

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Only problem is...that chucklehead Pat Fleming screwed up/dogged it bad and miked Danny D. and Mark Wilson instead of me and Steve o_O 000000rolleyes.gif 👻

Anyways, if you can lip-read, you can see me and Steve sitting in the middle of the back row commentating for the entire match :)

Here's the link >>>

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
I just posted that on Baby Huey's wwyd that he's the lucky guy sitting front row on this hill hill match. I also see the little old oriental man (his name escapes me) to the right, we played 50 years ago at the Bellflower Palace.
Thanks for putting up this up Ghost, it is an entertaining match.

I just stumbled across this video a few days ago, but now I just reviewed it since you guys are in the top row, and sure enough another couple of lucky guys! Whitey

Last edited:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
watching this little bit at a time when I can, great video quality by the way...

at 52:25, Scott shooting the 13 to take the ball away from Efren's hole and using some high karate, but you can see the result...why does this happen, technically? It happens to me too sometimes, is it because the ball double kissed before it got to the end rail?

Also the shot Scott makes at 1:19 is awful pretty...

lll

Verified Member
watching this little bit at a time when I can, great video quality by the way...

at 52:25, Scott shooting the 13 to take the ball away from Efren's hole and using some high karate, but you can see the result...why does this happen, technically? It happens to me too sometimes, is it because the ball double kissed before it got to the end rail?

Also the shot Scott makes at 1:19 is awful pretty...
if you dont hit the object ball fat enough the rebound off the rubber of the rail overcomes the follow

cincy_kid

Verified Member
if you dont hit the object ball fat enough the rebound off the rubber of the rail overcomes the follow
So he hit it too thin not too fat as I originally thought.. makes sense but it's good to see top pros make these errors occasionally to remind us that we all do..

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
Is the little oriental guy the one who always runs with Dan Louie ?
Yes, he is! I was talking to him and Dan Louie, and I brought up how we played in a 9-ball ring game 45 years ago, and Dan goes to him; "do you remember that", and he said; "yes". It was remember able for me, for I had ran a 6 pack and broke the ring game wide open, and it ended. I wish it had not, so I could of kept the 6 pack going. Billy Johnston was watching and afterwards I sat beside him, and one of the players also sat beside me. Well afterwards the oriental guy asked me to play OP, I said ok, and then was ready to break and realized I had been pick pocketed. It was that player that sat beside me. Billy Johnston, said no wonder in this place, he did not have a lot of respect for Bellflower Palace, I guess.
I believe the oriental guy is mainly a 3c player and OP player. He sure loves pool, and is a great supporter of the game, and DCC.

But for this match, I sure like watching Efren laugh at him self. But I was not a fan of Scott pushing out and taking an intentional. Whitey

Last edited:

12squared

Verified Member
Only problem is...that chucklehead Pat Fleming screwed up/dogged it bad and miked Danny D. and Mark Wilson instead of me and Steve o_O View attachment 431748 👻

Anyways, if you can lip-read, you can see me and Steve sitting in the middle of the back row commentating for the entire match :)

Here's the link >>>
Is the little oriental guy the one who always runs with Dan Louie ?
Yes, his name is Yoshi or Toshi I think.