Signup for Member's Tournament Chicago

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
it’s like everyone going to the tournament is in the age group to cautious. By June let’s hope this goes away.

Latest news from BBC is the predicted finish, July, August. If the virus holds true, Wuhan is recovering now from their inception. So, Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, 1/2 March. 4 1/2 months. If calculations can be made and March is the US starting date, then June, July. Maybe you can come up here Warren.

chicagomike

Verified Member
John,

I have been thinking over the same thing for the past week or so. I just haven't pulled the trigger yet because I figured there was plenty of time to do so. Let me say, if things haven't changed drastically for the better by a month or so before the MOT, I am definitely not going. Perhaps we should ask here just what the policy will be as far as a refund for those of us who just can't take the chance.

I obviously think you are correct in your decision as things stand now. Very painfully, I decided to stop going to the pool room this week, soon the withdrawal pains will set in. :(
Steve explains the policy in the thread....Covid-19 and Onepocket.org

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Well, Illinois has ordered a shut down now, so that means Chris's will have to close tomorrow:

And in Illinois, Gov. J.B. Pritzker announced a statewide “stay at home” order on Friday, asking all 12 million residents to leave the house only when necessary. All nonessential businesses must also stop operating under the order, which is effective at 5 p.m. Saturday.

Of course nobody knows for sure how long -- but I don't think it is reasonable to expect things will be back to normal for our tournament by early June. As the administrator of onepocket.org I see no choice but to officially postpone our MOT indefinitely, for the health and welfare of our members, and not reschedule until we are out the other side of this pandemic.

As I said before, anyone who wants a refund of their entry fund can just ask for it. chicagomike is handling the entry fees and can issue your refund. You can send him a message directly, and help him out with your how youu paid so he can get your money back to you the same way you sent it in. Or you can leave your name and money on the list for such time that we are able to reschedule our MOT. That is up to each of you. I will ask Chris to update our home page.

Sorry folks but we really don't have any choice.

Everyone take care!!

warrenr

Verified Member
Latest news from BBC is the predicted finish, July, August. If the virus holds true, Wuhan is recovering now from their inception. So, Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, 1/2 March. 4 1/2 months. If calculations can be made and March is the US starting date, then June, July. Maybe you can come up here Warren.
That would be great. Just got to see how all this works out. The next couple of months can see how everything works out. Chicago is a great time.

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
Steve,, Say it ain't so, Joe. Looking forward to the future, when this virus is behind us.

3, 4 , maybe 6 months down the road, we will be able to talk about 2020 MOT again. Hope all of our members and their families stay safe
and healthy.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Possible we could have MOT closer to the end of summer. If not then Robert, you and Warren hit the road for Washington hitting all the hot spots. Frank is in Arizona now, another stop for you

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
Paula has let me take a 3 week trip before - back in 96 or there about. Did pretty good, made expenses. That would be a

an ideal adventure. Kolby's in Pheonix, College Billiards in El Cajona{also Family B). check out 1 or 2 places in LA.

Fromm there up to my friend's place, Main Street Billiards in Ventura, Modesto ?, California Billiards in Fremont.

Would want to stop(can't remember)where Harry Platis plays. Then up to see you and your must be wonderful wife and your beautiful

home. Always wanted to go through Cour de Laine, Id to see my friend Pete. Then drop down and see Bill in Colorado.

Would be a very good trip and hope to break even on matches.

At 71, I think I am in pretty good shape - usually play better when I get to continually play more. I think layoffs help us older players

to keep our focus. Action seems to get the juices flowing again.

Of course, I would love to see Frank and his beautiful wife in Arizona. Too bad I couldn't see his personal room.

OH WELL, a guy can dream, can't he ? :) (y)

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Paula has let me take a 3 week trip before - back in 96 or there about. Did pretty good, made expenses. That would be a

an ideal adventure. Kolby's in Pheonix, College Billiards in El Cajona{also Family B). check out 1 or 2 places in LA.

Fromm there up to my friend's place, Main Street Billiards in Ventura, Modesto ?, California Billiards in Fremont.

Would want to stop(can't remember)where Harry Platis plays. Then up to see you and your must be wonderful wife and your beautiful

home. Always wanted to go through Cour de Laine, Id to see my friend Pete. Then drop down and see Bill in Colorado.

Would be a very good trip and hope to break even on matches.

At 71, I think I am in pretty good shape - usually play better when I get to continually play more. I think layoffs help us older players

to keep our focus. Action seems to get the juices flowing again.

Of course, I would love to see Frank and his beautiful wife in Arizona. Too bad I couldn't see his personal room.

OH WELL, a guy can dream, can't he ? :) (y)

Harry lives in Palm Springs now and no pool room there. I think he goes to Griff’s in Vegas for his pool room fix. If you get to CA Billiards, let me know. It’s a 2 1/2 hour trip for me but I would come.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Harry lives in Palm Springs now and no pool room there. I think he goes to Griff’s in Vegas for his pool room fix. If you get to CA Billiards, let me know. It’s a 2 1/2 hour trip for me but I would come.

I know Harry goes to Palm Springs for some high dollar action game he has had on and off for years. The guy has a table at his house. Plenty of guys around here have had to go to work because he is in Palm Springs so much. The pool action in Seattle is pretty slow although I think it is still his home. Harry thinks playing guys like me $300 a game is chicken feed and he can’t concentrate.

Attachments

• F6A6645F-3D89-4C18-AD2F-986F3FD2ECD9.jpeg
    F6A6645F-3D89-4C18-AD2F-986F3FD2ECD9.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 10

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Mr Newkirk, there is a Main Street billyards in Monterey. You might get Lettuce to play you there or if your balls are big enough, at his home court in Santa Cruz, Fast Eddys billyards. He shoots about two balls better there and is very tough. The tables aren’t trick tables or anything but they have simonis billiard cloth instead of pool cloth. Don’t forget to stop in Medford to play banks with Whitey. You need three weeks here just for the fishing and eagle watching.