While Practicing Today

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
This layout came up while I was practicing today. I ran four balls in pocket 'A' and got out of line. Believe it or not I got out from here. My shot is on page 5. See if you can see the shot before looking.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4ANpT4BLEQ4CRVN4DLyM4EOkN3FLel4GJNM4IWvo2JCCX2KYyV3LNld4MUKJ4NRpV3PUdP4QdGt@4ANpT4BLEQ4CRVN4DLyM4EOkN3FLel4GJNM4IWvo2JCCX2KYyV3LNld4MUKJ4NRpV3PUdP4QdGt3gNld3gNEq1gTYj4gcps3kUdP3kOrM3kaip3kVIn3qQbJI_DID_NOT_SHOOT_THIS_SHOT&ZZ4uDSB@4ANpT4BLEQ4CRVN4DLyM4EOkN3FLel4GJNM4IWvo2JCCX2KYyV3LNld4MUKJ4NRpV3PUdP4QdGt2fYyV2fQWl4fRAH4iRpV4idHF3kUdP2kavp2kaPG3qSnrNOR_THIS_SHOT_EITHER.&ZZ4uCUO@4ANpT4BLEQ4CRVN4DLyM4EOkN3FLel4GJNM4IWvo2JCCX2KYyV3LNld4MUKJ4NRpV3PUdP4QdGt3aLel1abWD1aDhi2aaps4adGs3kUdP3kMtA3kEGj3kapV3kRfG3qQsFI_DEFINITELY_DID_NOT_SHOOT_THIS_SHOT.&ZZ1uCdM@4ANpT4BLEQ4CRVN4DLyM4EOkN3FLel4GJNM4IWvo2JCCX2KYyV3LNld4MUKJ4NRpV3PUdP4QdGt4UNpT4UQCU4URol4VLEQ4VPjF3aLel4aJAS1aIyW4dWvo4daQm4hUKJ4hbmN4hXrb4iRpV4iTUW4iUro4ibSv4icxv3kUdP3kNRt3kbIy3kXPr3qUkFI_DID_SHOOT_THIS_SHOT._THE_14_WENT_OFF_OF_THE_13_AND_9_LIKE_IT_HAD_EYES.&ZZ1uDSA@4ARol4BPjF4CRVN4DLyM4EOkN1FIyW4GJNM4IaQm2JCCX2KYyV3LNld4MXrb4Ncxv3PXPr4QdGt1uDSA@[/CUETABLE]

senor

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
This layout came up while I was practicing today. I ran four balls in pocket 'A' and got out of line. Believe it or not I got out from here. My shot is on page 5. See if you can see the shot before looking.

Nice shot.

This was my first thought...

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4ANpT4BLEQ4CRVN4DLyM4EOkN3FLel4GJNM4IWvo2JCCX2KYyV3LNld4MUKJ4NRpV3PUdP4QdGt3aLel4acYp3kUdP3kNac1kbpJ1kNdi1kPmC1uAIX@4ANpT4BLEQ4CRVN4DLyM4EOkN3FLel4GJNM4IWvo2JCCX2KYyV3LNld4MUKJ4NRpV3PUdP4QdGt3gNld3gNEq1gTYj4gcps3kUdP3kOrM3kaip3kVIn3qQbJI_DID_NOT_SHOOT_THIS_SHOT&ZZ4uDSB@4ANpT4BLEQ4CRVN4DLyM4EOkN3FLel4GJNM4IWvo2JCCX2KYyV3LNld4MUKJ4NRpV3PUdP4QdGt2fYyV2fQWl4fRAH4iRpV4idHF3kUdP2kavp2kaPG3qSnrNOR_THIS_SHOT_EITHER.&ZZ4uCUO@4ANpT4BLEQ4CRVN4DLyM4EOkN3FLel4GJNM4IWvo2JCCX2KYyV3LNld4MUKJ4NRpV3PUdP4QdGt3aLel1abWD1aDhi2aaps4adGs3kUdP3kMtA3kEGj3kapV3kRfG3qQsFI_DEFINITELY_DID_NOT_SHOOT_THIS_SHOT.&ZZ1uCdM@4ANpT4BLEQ4CRVN4DLyM4EOkN3FLel4GJNM4IWvo2JCCX2KYyV3LNld4MUKJ4NRpV3PUdP4QdGt4UNpT4UQCU4URol4VLEQ4VPjF3aLel4aJAS1aIyW4dWvo4daQm4hUKJ4hbmN4hXrb4iRpV4iTUW4iUro4ibSv4icxv3kUdP3kNRt3kbIy3kXPr3qUkFI_DID_SHOOT_THIS_SHOT._THE_14_WENT_OFF_OF_THE_13_AND_9_LIKE_IT_HAD_EYES.&ZZ1uDSA@4ARol4BPjF4CRVN4DLyM4EOkN1FIyW4GJNM4IaQm2JCCX2KYyV3LNld4MXrb4Ncxv3PXPr4QdGt1uDSA@[/CUETABLE]

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
senor said:
Nice shot.

This was my first thought...

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4ANpT4BLEQ4CRVN4DLyM4EOkN3FLel4GJNM4IWvo2JCCX2KYyV3LNld4MUKJ4NRpV3PUdP4QdGt3aLel4acYp3kUdP3kNac1kbpJ1kNdi1kPmC1uAIX@4ANpT4BLEQ4CRVN4DLyM4EOkN3FLel4GJNM4IWvo2JCCX2KYyV3LNld4MUKJ4NRpV3PUdP4QdGt3gNld3gNEq1gTYj4gcps3kUdP3kOrM3kaip3kVIn3qQbJI_DID_NOT_SHOOT_THIS_SHOT&ZZ4uDSB@4ANpT4BLEQ4CRVN4DLyM4EOkN3FLel4GJNM4IWvo2JCCX2KYyV3LNld4MUKJ4NRpV3PUdP4QdGt2fYyV2fQWl4fRAH4iRpV4idHF3kUdP2kavp2kaPG3qSnrNOR_THIS_SHOT_EITHER.&ZZ4uCUO@4ANpT4BLEQ4CRVN4DLyM4EOkN3FLel4GJNM4IWvo2JCCX2KYyV3LNld4MUKJ4NRpV3PUdP4QdGt3aLel1abWD1aDhi2aaps4adGs3kUdP3kMtA3kEGj3kapV3kRfG3qQsFI_DEFINITELY_DID_NOT_SHOOT_THIS_SHOT.&ZZ1uCdM@4ANpT4BLEQ4CRVN4DLyM4EOkN3FLel4GJNM4IWvo2JCCX2KYyV3LNld4MUKJ4NRpV3PUdP4QdGt4UNpT4UQCU4URol4VLEQ4VPjF3aLel4aJAS1aIyW4dWvo4daQm4hUKJ4hbmN4hXrb4iRpV4iTUW4iUro4ibSv4icxv3kUdP3kNRt3kbIy3kXPr3qUkFI_DID_SHOOT_THIS_SHOT._THE_14_WENT_OFF_OF_THE_13_AND_9_LIKE_IT_HAD_EYES.&ZZ1uDSA@4ARol4BPjF4CRVN4DLyM4EOkN1FIyW4GJNM4IaQm2JCCX2KYyV3LNld4MXrb4Ncxv3PXPr4QdGt1uDSA@[/CUETABLE]

Senor,

That is probably the correct shot but this was laying so perfect that I had to see if it went:) .

Dennis

senor

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
Senor,

That is probably the correct shot but this was laying so perfect that I had to see if it went:) .

Dennis

That's right, sometimes they are laying to good to pass up.

Skin

Verified Member
There's got to be something in the Detroit water, Dennis. :eek:

Oh, now I see. It was during practice, not in a game. Carry on. :eek: :)

Skin

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Skin said:
There's got to be something in the Detroit water, Dennis. :eek:

Oh, now I see. It was during practice, not in a game. Carry on. :eek: :)

Skin

Yeah, "Quad" couldn't make it today so I had to go solo. While I was playing, some guy stopped by on the way to the men's room and told me that I played pretty good and that maybe I should go play John over there on the corner table as we were both playing alone. He said he had known John since the 50's and he was a good guy. I think he meant the 1850's as Ole John looked to be at least 160 years old and about 5 shots away from stroking out. It doesn't say much for my game does it:) . I thanked him for the handy steer job and he went on his way.

Right after that some 16 year old comes over and asks if I mind if he uses my baby powder. He says that they forgot to give him any when he & his friends got their balls. I didn't have the heart to tell him that it was my own powder that I was applying to my right hand and not to my bridge(left) hand. I also didn't tell him that the reason they don't have any powder in there is because they don't want morons like him and his friends getting it all over the table and floor.

Right after that, some idiot who can't make 3 balls in a row but thinks he is the "jump shot" expert launches the cueball off the table for the 7th time but not in my direction. I practice my speech to him that he will hear should that flying cueball hit me or land on my table. I will definitely let him & his friend know that any imbecile who can't run three balls in a row should not be jumping anything, except off of cliffs. I will also inform him that if it happens again, the cueball will be returned at high speed, by me, in the direction of his head, which would not be the first time I delivered this speech or the cueball return either.

By the way, I had a great time today and will return tomorrow:) .

Dennis

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Cowboy Dennis said:
Yeah, "Quad" couldn't make it today so I had to go solo. While I was playing, some guy stopped by on the way to the men's room and told me that I played pretty good and that maybe I should go play John over there on the corner table as we were both playing alone. He said he had known John since the 50's and he was a good guy. I think he meant the 1850's as Ole John looked to be at least 160 years old and about 5 shots away from stroking out. It doesn't say much for my game does it:) . I thanked him for the handy steer job and he went on his way.

Right after that some 16 year old comes over and asks if I mind if he uses my baby powder. He says that they forgot to give him any when he & his friends got their balls. I didn't have the heart to tell him that it was my own powder that I was applying to my right hand and not to my bridge(left) hand. I also didn't tell him that the reason they don't have any powder in there is because they don't want morons like him and his friends getting it all over the table and floor.

Right after that, some idiot who can't make 3 balls in a row but thinks he is the "jump shot" expert launches the cueball off the table for the 7th time but not in my direction. I practice my speech to him that he will hear should that flying cueball hit me or land on my table. I will definitely let him & his friend know that any imbecile who can't run three balls in a row should not be jumping anything, except off of cliffs. I will also inform him that if it happens again, the cueball will be returned at high speed, by me, in the direction of his head, which would not be the first time I delivered this speech or the cueball return either.

Dennis
why do you use powder on your gripping hand:confused:

Skin

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:

Dennis

LOL. In the room where I first began there were basically only old timers who played golf on the snooker table for hours without saying a word. I got ONE free knock off the table. After the 2nd one, I was told by the counter man to leave for disturbing the peace. I hardly ever got in a full hour during those first few months I was learning. :eek:

Out-the-door Skin

beatle

Verified Member
why do you want the stick to slide forward on the final stroke?

Skin

Verified Member
lll said:
why do you use powder on your gripping hand:confused:

The grip hand is the correct hand to put the powder in/on even if you are powdering the shaft also. Keeps the powder off the table unlike using the bridge hand. That is one of my pet peeves along with the guy chalking his stick over the table. :mad:

Skin

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Cowboy Dennis said:
Not meaning to be a wise guy at all, but it's so that it hits the cueball and directs it to the object ball.

RBL or Skin, Do you guy's use sandpaper, or barbed wire for your wrap ? You should try leather or linen...much smoother..:rolleyes:

If you have a slip stroke (like Cornbread had) you could also try some WD-40...(or K-Y jelly) its a good slickener.

PS..Rosie O'donnell couldn't sweat enough to need powder on her butt !.:eek:

Last edited:

beatle

Verified Member
dennis,
so you want the stick to go forward in your hand as it is hitting the cue ball? as in sliding in front of where you gripped it. not trying to be a wiseguy either. if we are on the same page i am in another book.

beatle

Verified Member
nice to see you back dick after your indefinite vacation. i guess one day can seem like an eternity.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
SJDinPHX said:
RBL or Skin, Do you guy's use sandpaper, or barbed wire for your wrap ? You should try leather or linen...much smoother..:rolleyes:

If you have a slip stroke (like Cornbread had) you could also try some WD-40...(or K-Y jelly) its a good slickener.

PS..Rosie O'donnell couldn't sweat enough to need powder on her butt !.:eek:

Dear Jurassic Park Breath,

Haven't you annoyed me enough today? I'm actually so bored that I'm watching you play Joyner back in whenever it was. 1998 I think.

To answer your question, I have an irish linen wrap, so there:p .

Cornbread did not let the stick slide through his hand on his forward stroke. He let go of it and re-gripped it further back on his last stroke and then completed his final stroke.

Thirdly, my hand doesn't sweat nor do I when playing.

RBL

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
beatle said:
dennis,
so you want the stick to go forward in your hand as it is hitting the cue ball? as in sliding in front of where you gripped it. not trying to be a wiseguy either. if we are on the same page i am in another book.

beatle,

On most short-range and long-range shots I let the cue go and catch it at the end of the butt cap right before it flies out of my hand, which also occasionally happens. I have also launched it onto the next table when breaking a 9-ball game, that's a helluva sight:) . So yes, I want it going forward in my hand as it is hitting the cueball. I also do the same thing when only inches away from the object ball, to a lesser extent obviously, all depending on the shot and it's requirements.

Dennis