wwyd #2 Baby Huey - We got options

baby huey

Verified Member
Here lies an end game scenario. Your pocket lower left and you need all four balls. You need to come up with a shot now or else the balls will go up table. But we got options. What is your shot?

WWYD-shot2.png

Ratamon

Well-Known-Member
Go 3 rails into the 9 (his long rail, top rail, my long rail), with a bit or right and make the 9-10 combo. The CB slides over for the 4/5 next.

P.S. I will think about a more serious shot tomorrow :)

rnewkirk

Verified Member
Combo the 10 into the 9, 10 stays, 9 banks back towards your pocket. Top english takes whitey to end rail.

Or, overcut the 4 ball with lots of left hand english back into the 5. Cue goes 3 rails to middle of end rail.

Jerry, my choice( very conservative) would be to come off 10 ball with top right and put whitey close to middle of end rail.

I have a feeling that I will learn something here :) 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️

OldSchool

Verified Member
It doesn't look like there's room for the 10 to pass inside of the 9ball, but if there is, you bank the 10ball 3rails into your pocket, and your cueball goes up table 2-3 rails for position on the 9. If that shot is not available, then you shoot your cueball 2 rails, long-short, and kick the 4 into your pocket. Or the 10-9 combination 3 rail bank.

Old School

Last edited:

beatle

Verified Member
i need all of them and tight pockets. i am shooting.

ill kick the 4 in and then bank the 5 or bump it for a shot.
or 3 rail the 9 ball. needs to be hit right about thru the third diamond

catkins

Verified Member
10 9 combo with a lot of inside so you can cut the ten a bit more to the right and use draw to come over for shape on the 5

catkins

Verified Member
Combo the 10 into the 9, 10 stays, 9 banks back towards your pocket. Top english takes whitey to end rail.

Or, overcut the 4 ball with lots of left hand english back into the 5. Cue goes 3 rails to middle of end rail.

Jerry, my choice( very conservative) would be to come off 10 ball with top right and put whitey close to middle of end rail.

I like both these shots, the 4 ball I tend to hit wth a stun inside looking to get the cue ball by jerry's hand

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
Hi Jerry, before I figure this out, I was watching Efren vs. Frost @ 2016 OP - DCC, and there you were front row on the hill hill game. Lucky you! That was a good match, entertaining! thanks for this wwyd. I want to go 3 rails with the 10 and go around with cb 3 rails. take care! Whitey

Cory in dc

Verified Member
I think it's easier to aim the 10-9 combo for the 9 ball to go 3 rails at my hole instead of 1 rail. But I can't tell if that would involve enough angle on the 10-ball hit to bring the cue to the rail and back over for the 4/5. Looks like not. If not, it looks like the 3 rail shot would send the 10 to opponent's long rail and then back across towards my side towards my 3rd diamond. So I should be able to follow and shoot the 10 next.

P.S. If you stroke this with some good top, spin transfer and CTE should make the 10 ball come back across more favorably, like between diamonds 1 and 2. I may have to go down to the basement for a bit and test it.

Last edited:

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
Here lies an end game scenario. Your pocket lower left and you need all four balls. You need to come up with a shot now or else the balls will go up table. But we got options. What is your shot?

View attachment 431739
1.10 into the 9 bank it 3 rails play shape on the 4 and 5 make them, and play shape on the 10 wherever it is .
2. Kick off long rail and make the 4 should bump the 5 coming out , make it play shape on 9 or 10 or combo and get out.

sappo

Verified Member
It doesn't look like there's room for the 10 to pass inside of the 9ball, but if there is, you bank the 10ball 3rails into your pocket, and your cueball goes up table 2-3 rails for position on the 9. If that shot is not available, then you shoot your cueball 2 rails, long-short, and kick the 4 into your pocket. Or the 10-9 combination 3 rail bank.

Old School
This is the shot I saw also, that being 3 railing the 10 ball and playing the cue ball around the table. Good eye Old School. Keith

jtompilot

Verified Member
10 into the 9 sending it three rails. Draw on whitey, it goes two rails behind the two balls on the foot rail

Kybanks

Verified Member
Craziest shot yet! I promise! Combo the 9 ball three times long rail, this gives the cb enough angle to be tucked under the 4-5 and the 10 ball wont travel very far. I edited my 2nd shot, I had the layout wrong.

Last edited:

Kybanks

Verified Member
I do like the 3 time cross corner on the 5 ball, that's probably what I would shoot here.

Cory in dc

Verified Member
Some CRAZY SHOTS posted.
Crazy like a fox! This is the shot I posted at #11 and Pilot posted at #14. First time was a mess but didn't totally sell out. Drained it the second time, with shape. I figure if I'd been playing at all, much less for a few hours, my first attempt will be closer to the second attempt in the video.

I just ordered a flexible tripod from Amazon so that future videos have better angles.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LE6trQKfNnYqlR5nyU2zRi04vKMReJhs/view?usp=sharing

P.S. Can someone PM me instructions on how to embed a video from Google Drive? I tried the embed code from inside Drive but it just copies the HTML, doesn't embed:
<iframe src="https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LE6trQKfNnYqlR5nyU2zRi04vKMReJhs/preview" width="640" height="480"></iframe>

Last edited:
Reactions: lll

Ratamon

Well-Known-Member

I am not sure this shot is available. It looks like you have to cut the 9 slightly on the left but there is not enough angle for the 10 to get out of the way of the 9 on its way back.

Ratamon

Well-Known-Member
10 9 combo with a lot of inside so you can cut the ten a bit more to the right and use draw to come over for shape on the 5
For all I know, the transfer of spin to the third ball when they are so far apart is pretty much non-existent.