wwyd #2 Baby Huey - We got options

Cory in dc

Verified Member
Good morning everyone!
Many of you got the right answer on this and some cool videos to boot! I guess Jerry's gonna have to try a little harder next time!

More of Jerry's shots to come - Stay Tuned and Keep Loving Pool!

:):):):):):):)
Very smooth, made it look like a hanger!

Ratamon

Well-Known-Member
I have always read that, there is no transfer of spin to the 3rd ball at any distance under normal conditions. Is this incorrect?
Correct, no transfer of spin-induced spin to the 3rd ball unless the 2nd and the 3rd ball are touching each other, in which case a small amount of spin would transfer (especially if balls are dirty). In a three balls scenario like this you can only hope to impart a cut-induced spin on the third ball but it doesn't look like the angle is there to do that

Ratamon

Well-Known-Member
The 10 ball 3 rails looks like it will go too long to me , has someone made it?
I would also bet that the 10 9 doesn't bank 1 rail and make, if it does get close the 10 will be there waiting for it , unless you play it at warp speed
The 9 won't turn if you play it at warp speed. And the 10 defo goes too short for a 3-railer. The cut-induced spin will help but still

Ratamon

Well-Known-Member
I am sure you can and here is video proof though it takes me like 8 shots to make it
Nice shot Chris. Judging by the movement on the 10 you imparted a cut-induced spin, not the spin-induced spin I was referring to. I don't think cutting the 10 is an option here - the angle doesn't seem to be there. It's a game of millimeters you know that.

Edit. Apparently, this shot is available. What do I know!

Last edited:

jtompilot

Verified Member
Good shot Jerry. The 9 turned more than I thought it would. I’ll have to try it a few times

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
If I didn't see it, I wouldn't have thought it went, and the 10 gets out of the way, it just doesn't look like there is enough angle. nice shot!

Last edited:

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
Thanks Baby Huey, for the shot and the thread. That was so beautifully executed, and a lot simpler and direct than my choice! Ah so master!!!! Whitey

jtompilot

Verified Member
I tried the shot 6 times and never made it on my friends blue label table. The 9 never turned enough

catkins

Verified Member
Nice shot Chris. Judging by the movement on the 10 you imparted a cut-induced spin, not the spin-induced spin I was referring to. I don't think cutting the 10 is an option here - the angle doesn't seem to be there. It's a game of millimeters you know that.

Edit. Apparently, this shot is available. What do I know!
I agree that most of the spin is from the cut induced from the angle

Island Drive

Verified Member
I agree that most of the spin is from the cut induced from the angle
The spin transfer variant....changes with humidity and how clean the ball set is.
Yrs ago in MN, I played in Jimmy Wetch's pool room. WOW.
They spun up/cleaned the ball sets EACH time they were returned for pay out.
If you played for over thirty minutes, you could literally rub you finger across an obj. ball and see a line of dirt/clean.
Amazing how porous those ball sets became, after EXCESSIVE buffing....after each table use.

baby huey

Verified Member
Big Foot: So your saying that continuous cleaning/buffing of the balls makes them porous?

Island Drive

Verified Member
Big Foot: So your saying that continuous cleaning/buffing of the balls makes them porous?
OH YEAH...................BIG TIME!
It quickly ruins ball sets, he probably had a wool buffing pad.
Having hand cleaned pool ball sets for 4 yrs straight 5 days a week....it took about two yrs to wear em down till they started to loose their luster/shine. At that time early ninties, we were doing over $70,000 a yr +, just in table time. It was a new room in Colorado Springs that Hikenlooper had opened, I was there from day one, I even told the table supplier to give up 3....9 footers for the bar area, owners didn't even know I did it. I knew the table supplier.

Last edited:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
Having hand cleaned pool ball sets for 4 yrs straight 5 days a week....it took about two yrs to wear em down till they started to loose their luster/shine. At that time early ninties, we were doing over $70,000 a yr +, just in table time. It was a new room in Colorado Springs that Hikenlooper had opened, I was there from day one, I even told the table supplier to give up 3....9 footers for the bar area, owners didn't even know I did it. I knew the table supplier.
So how do you make balls last while keeping them cleaned? Curious as I will need to know someday lol...

Island Drive

Verified Member
Hand wipe em with a damp cloth. If there are marks, put the rag on the counter, and focus the ball mark on that spot and rub. I always used New Cotton Bar rags.

baby huey

Verified Member
Jay, I guess you didn't see the video where I made the combo straight back?

jtompilot

Verified Member
My friend uses his Diamond ball polisher after every session, been doing that for several years on his Aramith Durimith balls. They still look like new to me.

Island Drive

Verified Member
My friend uses his Diamond ball polisher after every session, been doing that for several years on his Aramith Durimith balls. They still look like new to me.
Old school buffing material was often wool. If the ball set has just been cleaned, play an hour or more, see if debris starts accumulating. It either will or not. Wetch's room was in Humid MN which enables dirt buildup. Add in a packed room, it's 90 % wet.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
Old school buffing material was often wool. If the ball set has just been cleaned, play an hour or more, see if debris starts accumulating. It either will or not. Wetch's room was in Humid MN which enables dirt buildup. Add in a packed room, it's 90 % wet.
That sounds like it would make banking balls fun.... :)