WWYD Baby Huey

Nick B

Verified Member
If it doesn't lay right then I'm going with extreme check shot and I don't "care" if I miss the 5 and foul. Another ball on the spot will cause complications and tougher for him to defend. Won't miss on purpose but I'm going thin. 1-800 Jenny thin.

1595307505746.png

12squared

Verified Member
Bank the 9 into the 4 with right hand spin firm enough to have cueball travel 4 cushions around the table for shape. (short, long, short, long rails). It's a hanger for Mr. Huey and Bill 😂🤯

Ratamon

Well-Known-Member
I like three-railing the 9 ball, crossing it. Looks like almost a natural path for Jojo to come off the long rail and roll on the 8 ball. Might be really good. Money shot.

I tried to set it up and shoot it on my 8 ft table, but I had to hit it too hard. I could hit the 8 ball, and even made it a couple of times, but nearly always left a straight shot on the 5. Cushions are pretty dead, but even so . . . Could not stiff it, either. Thinking now that I would have to bank the 9 at the 8 and take Jojo uptable.
That’s what Joe might have done - three rail cross the 9 and kick the 8 into his pocket on the same shot, then bank the 5 for the win

wincardona

Verified Member
Kick to the end rail at the 9 ball and 2 rail it to your hole while sticking the cb there. Lays pretty good!
Like I said before you are usually spot on with your assessment. That's my shot as well. Monk played that shot against me forty years ago and stole the game, I'll never forget the shot.

Good call.

Dr. Bill

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
If the kick on the nine doesn't get near the pocket , don't you sell out the bank on the 5 into the 4 most of the time? Or the cueball leaks out a bit and the nine ball comes down and now you bank it into your balls and reverse the advantage? The kick was actually the first shot I saw, but with the 5 there I kept looking.
I'm probably missing something, I usually am.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
I stayed away from the 3 rail kick on the 9, for I was not sure it was there, but apparently it is. I was also concerned about the cb scratching coming off the back side of the 9. But it too is probably not a concern. So I'll refer to the more experience players on this one, as it being a viable shot!

I do not see the double kiss happening making the 5. I just think the 5 needs to lay more perpendicular off the rail in relationship to the 4 to make this shot possible.

The cross over 3 rail bank on the 9 looks doable, and I suppose the cb would then run into one of the other balls for the next shot.

Thanks, Baby Huey for the thread, it is a cool thread indeed! Whitey

Tobermory

Verified Member
I like it...wish I had thought of it first....but if nothing goes in, there is likely a return bank shot to lose the game

Bank the 9 into the 4 with right hand spin firm enough to have cueball travel 4 cushions around the table for shape. (short, long, short, long rails). It's a hanger for Mr. Huey and Bill 😂🤯

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
In further thinking about this, I have to take back what I stated about the 5 ball kissing off the 4, I now believe it will go.
Cincy Kid, I believe our shot selection of cross corner banking the 9 into the 4, is not a good one, for the 4 is not a big ball!
I believe the shot Cuban Joe is going to do is the 3 rail kick on the 9. Whitey

sappo

Verified Member
If it doesn't lay right then I'm going with extreme check shot and I don't "care" if I miss the 5 and foul. Another ball on the spot will cause complications and tougher for him to defend. Won't miss on purpose but I'm going thin. 1-800 Jenny thin.

View attachment 431653
I like this shot, best for me. K
View attachment 431653

ppanzera

Given the score and the position, it's time to go for the win, right now. The cross-corner 9-4 combo, the 3-rail bank on the 9, and kicking the 9 two rails are the only ways I see to make a ball. I don't like the 9-4 bank-combo, as it might leave an easy bank. Banking the 9 three rails is impossible to hold from that angle (even with a stop shot and max spin-induced throw to stiffen it), so while you can make the ball, you can't get out this inning. I like kicking the 9 two rails, because you can easily hold whitey behind the 5 and 4, and even if you just put the 9 close to the hole you leave him with a tough defensive reply.
You need max high of course to hold the cue ball close to short rail. The key to the shot is judging the right amount of English. Obviously not right English, which could scratch, and no English could float whitey out to the long string where you can't make the 5. They answer (I believe) is to use just the right amount of left English so that you hit the 9 very full, and the cue ball then either stops dead or just moves a few inches (about a tip-and-a-half of reverse on my table).
Sorry, no pool table at home, but the principles are identical. I didn't make it on the first try, but then again I'm not Cuban. What I did like about the shot is that it's not difficult to get close, the speed required is straight-forward, I almost always held it on the shot rail (when using reverse), and I never scratched. This makes it a strong defensive shot also. KyBanks and Bill got it right first. Nice question Jerry!! Keep 'em coming!
CJ1.jpg
CJ2.jpg
CJ3.jpg
CJ4.jpg

Last edited:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
heck of a shot Jerry, good call kyb and dr. bill!

I will have to put this one in my arsenal, I did not even think about kicking the 9.

Kybanks

Verified Member
Given the score and the position, it's time to go for the win, right now. The cross-corner 9-4 combo, the 3-rail bank on the 9, and kicking the 9 two rails are the only ways I see to make a ball. I don't like the 9-4 bank-combo, as it might leave an easy bank. Banking the 9 three rails is impossible to hold from that angle (even with a stop shot and max spin-induced throw to stiffen it), so while you can make the ball, you can't get out this inning. I like kicking the 9 two rails, because you can easily hold whitey behind the 5 and 4, and even if you just put the 9 close to the hole you leave him with a tough defensive reply.
You need max high of course to hold the cue ball close to short rail. The key to the shot is judging the right amount of English. Obviously not right English, which could scratch, and no English could float whitey out to the long string where you can't make the 5. They answer (I believe) is to use just the right amount of left English so that you hit the 9 very full, and the cue ball then either stops dead or just moves a few inches (about a tip-and-a-half of reverse on my table).
Sorry, no pool table at home, but the principles are identical. I didn't make it on the first try, but then again I'm not Cuban. What I did like about the shot is that it's not difficult to get close, the speed required is straight-forward, I almost always held it on the shot rail (when using reverse), and I never scratched. This makes it a strong defensive shot also. KyBanks and Bill got it right first. Nice question Jerry!! Keep 'em coming!
View attachment 431667
View attachment 431668
View attachment 431669
View attachment 431670
Nice room! And great response! Wheres the pockets? Lol