16 Players $4000 added One Pocket $1000 entry

Bigtruck

Verified Member
This is gonna be a great event at the Green Room in Jackson, Ms!!

Already signed up are:

Justin Hall
Justin Cone
Cliff Joyner
Ronnie Wiseman
Josh Roberts
Chip Compton

Attachments

• Limited to 16 smaller.jpg
    Limited to 16 smaller.jpg
    306.2 KB · Views: 0

Deeman

Verified Member
The rest better hurry up. I heard the money was guaranteed regardless of how many show!

See you there.

DeeMan

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I like JJ in that field! Can't overlook Chip being in action just a few days ago either.
Well it would be tough to count out most any of the players. JJ would certainly be a favorite in the Calcutta. But if Cliff's shoulder is cooperating, he'd be a good pick to do well too. He's won there before, and is familiar with the equipment and the room.

Maybe someone will give us an update. Deeman?

Doc

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Thanks for posting the chart Steve! Looks like Cliff, Justin Hall and Josh Roberts are doing pretty well. One can't count out JJ even though he's on the loser's side. I guess they had 11 players. Should be decent payouts for a short event.

Cheers~ Doc

One pocket Smitty

Verified Member
From
Chandler, Tx.
I was not getting any commentary. But the stream was great except for a few jerks on the table in front of the camera blocking the view and trying to spin a ball with their hand.

Deeman

Verified Member
I was not getting any commentary. But the stream was great except for a few jerks on the table in front of the camera blocking the view and trying to spin a ball with their hand.

I sat in for 2hours doing "commentary" yesterday in Dennis and JJ's match. It was probably better without hearing my comments but it ain't as easy as it looks, believe me. :)

DeeMan
Billy's job is safe....

Bigtruck

Verified Member
Finals Starting in 10 minutes. U.S.Open One Pocket Champions and U.S.Open 9 Ball Champion, Jeremy Jones takes on Hall of Famer Cliff Joyner in a true double elimination race to 4 finals!! www.poolactiontv.com Green button

Attachments

• 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 0

Bigtruck

Verified Member

I usually like to leave the cameras rolling after the "official matches" complete. Always ends up pissing someone off thinking it's the regular programming.

Ray

Deeman

Verified Member
What are the standings? Who is in the final?

Thanks~ Doc

Doc,

Sorry, but with only a couple of exceptions I did not have my I-Pad with me. It was a great little tournament and Ace and I spent all our time there or at Reed's place eating too many steaks.

We are talking about a trip down your way soon. :)

DeeMan

keoneyo

Verified Member
Can someone give us a little field report. I hear some of the match ups were excellent. I heard there was a bit of rule controversy in the finals. Cliff and Jeremy are 2 of my favorites. How did they comport themselves.
How was the house and the equipment?
Ive been all over the US except for the deep south (been to Florida) and hear so much of its beauty I would like to attend an event there soon.

8andout

Verified Member
JJ double dipped Cliff in the finals and it wasn't pretty. JJ outplayed him in every aspect. This was some excellent one-pocket play. What was up with cliff?? He seemed to psych himself out. He was constantly grooming the table with his large white towel- before games, after games, and during games. He looked mentally out of the game. There also was an odd break so that Cliff could go play in a 9-ball tournament set.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
JJ double dipped Cliff in the finals and it wasn't pretty. JJ outplayed him in every aspect. This was some excellent one-pocket play. What was up with cliff?? He seemed to psych himself out. He was constantly grooming the table with his large white towel- before games, after games, and during games. He looked mentally out of the game. There also was an odd break so that Cliff could go play in a 9-ball tournament set.

That is the problem in multiple game tournaments. The top players, who often are deep in more than one tournament, often go brain dead. It becomes a matter of stamina along with skill.

Of course the upside is they are cashing in more than one tournament, but the quality of play suffers.

JJ certainly has the credentials to beat Cliff, but taking a break to play a set of nine ball had to have some effect. As the winner of the hot set, Cliff should have been given more consideration IMO.