Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2019, 11:02 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincy_kid View Post
I dont understand your shot here Bill, I wish you could diagram it or video it, I want to see what you see!
Kick shot. Cue ball to the head rail center diamond, hit the long rail first behind the 3, and the cue ball will tickey nicely to the foot rail. Both balls are almost exactly 2 diamonds up from the foot of the table. Cue ball is about 6'' off the rail, and the 3 ball is about three inches off the other long rail. All ya do is aim for the center left of the head center spot, and it'll go every time with a natural roll. Be impossible to get behind the 3 and miss it because of the incoming angle.
no link....
Old 09-19-2019, 11:58 PM
Verified Member

Just thought I'd mention...the shot that John shot here hasn't been mentioned/picked yet.

- Ghost
Old 09-20-2019, 12:14 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
Just thought I'd mention...the shot that John shot here hasn't been mentioned/picked yet.

- Ghost
Does that mean John shot the wrong shot
Old 09-20-2019, 12:35 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtompilot View Post
Does that mean John shot the wrong shot
Only Artie could tell you that......but as for me, I would have no problem with shooting the shot that John chose.
Old 09-20-2019, 12:40 AM
Verified Member

Did John play the cue off the long rail just above the 3 and roll up on the 10/15 taking a intentional?
Old 09-20-2019, 12:56 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardmix View Post
Did John play the cue off the long rail just above the 3 and roll up on the 10/15 taking a intentional?
No Ben, he shot an offensive shot.
Old 09-20-2019, 02:04 AM
Verified Member

Gofer it!

Old 09-20-2019, 09:09 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Drive View Post
Kick shot. Cue ball to the head rail center diamond, hit the long rail first behind the 3, and the cue ball will tickey nicely to the foot rail. Both balls are almost exactly 2 diamonds up from the foot of the table. Cue ball is about 6'' off the rail, and the 3 ball is about three inches off the other long rail. All ya do is aim for the center left of the head center spot, and it'll go every time with a natural roll. Be impossible to get behind the 3 and miss it because of the incoming angle.
Yea, great shot Bill!

Yo threw me off in your other post when you mentioned the CB coming up behind the 8, but I see your shot, good one, as long as you dont sell out a shot on the 9...
Old 09-20-2019, 10:30 AM
Verified Member

I want to deal with the 3, as it's the only ball my opponent can exploit at some point to win the game. I like Tom's two-rail kick behind the 3 to move it away and ticky the CB up table. But I also wouldn't dismiss the option of banking the 11 into the side rail behind the 3 to move both balls towards my hole. Of course, something might go wrong if I catch the 3 full. But a lot of things can go right, including caroming off the 3 and moving both balls towards my side. Regarless, I'm looking to control the angle with English and making a full stun hit on the 11 to control the CB and keep it as close to the head rail as possible.
Old 09-20-2019, 11:03 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneRock View Post
I want to deal with the 3, as it's the only ball my opponent can exploit at some point to win the game. I like Tom's two-rail kick behind the 3 to move it away and ticky the CB up table. But I also wouldn't dismiss the option of banking the 11 into the side rail behind the 3 to move both balls towards my hole. Of course, something might go wrong if I catch the 3 full. But a lot of things can go right, including caroming off the 3 and moving both balls towards my side. Regarless, I'm looking to control the angle with English and making a full stun hit on the 11 to control the CB and keep it as close to the head rail as possible.

Good shot Peter and welcome back ~

I like banking the 11 into the 3 also, beatle mentioned it earlier. It's a shot I dont look at much because it seems scary banking balls towards your opponent's hole, but iI think if i can keep the CB near the head rail either way, it should be ok....