Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2019, 09:27 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by one pocket guy View Post
I like The shot also but I didn’t think you could get the 5 out without cutting the 13. I thought you had to hit it fuller thus missing the back of the 5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
I'm a mover, but just like Tom, I'm all about "controlled aggression"...I'm looking to shoot at my hole on every shot - and as long as I feel that I have a high % likelihood of playing safe at the same time, I surely will...this situation being a perfect example...

If it was my shot here I'm definitely playing the carom, 13 off of the 12 - it's laying real good as seen in the pic below...I'm using high inside english and having the cueball either settle down behind the 5, or kicking the 5 away off of the foot rail - I'd have to study the angle to decide which way would be best.

- Ghost
Hey Todd, howya doin'...

You don't have to hit the 13 thin to achieve a narrow post-contact angle...using high inside english (about 11:00) with a fairly full hit will have the cueball follow right through the 13 ball and accomplish that.

- Ghost
Old 09-28-2019, 12:10 PM
Verified Member

I rarely pass an opportunity to make a ball. I'm going to shoot the 7ball and power the CB into the 14ball, see where I end up, might have another shot ?

P.S. That's why all the players spot me.
P.P.S. I said players not hackers.

Rodney Stephens.
(e-mail) rod.stephens0105@att.net(e-mail) #713-973-0503 is now working
Old 09-28-2019, 01:28 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Iím cutting the 13 and taking out the 5 by kicking it away. Should get it close and got the other stripe next or cover
Well, Steve shot Todd's shot...I would have liked that shot if the 5ball was an inch to the left...but as it laid, it looked to me like if you cut the 13 thin enough to make it the cueball would miss the 5 - and that's just about what happened...

Steve just missed making the 13, and his cueball just barely grazed the 5, leaving it in front of my pocket...but he got very fortunate cuz by chance he left me dead straight in on the 5 so that I couldn't play position easily on another ball.....here's how it turned out >>>
Attached Images

Old 09-28-2019, 06:12 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
Well, Steve shot Todd's shot...I would have liked that shot if the 5ball was an inch to the left...but as it laid, it looked to me like if you cut the 13 thin enough to make it the cueball would miss the 5 - and that's just about what happened...

Steve just missed making the 13, and his cueball just barely grazed the 5, leaving it in front of my pocket...but he got very fortunate cuz by chance he left me dead straight in on the 5 so that I couldn't play position easily on another ball.....here's how it turned out >>>
You couldn't draw back for the 7 ....
Old 09-28-2019, 07:28 PM
Verified Member

Default Wow!

I sure figured like Doc said with 1 oíclock spin I didnít think you could miss kicking the 5 out.
Old 09-28-2019, 07:32 PM
Verified Member

Thanks for the wwyd ghost
Old 09-28-2019, 10:13 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Jackets View Post
You couldn't draw back for the 7? ....
Not me Billy...a coupla years ago I lost my stroke - I've searched everywhere and can't find it.........

But my homeboys Chicago Mike and Johnnytronic would have no trouble at all drawing back for the 7.

Quote:
I sure figured like Doc said with 1 o’clock spin I didn’t think you could miss kicking the 5 out.
Todd, it was probably hard to tell for sure from looking at the pic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lll View Post
Thanks for the wwyd ghost
You're welcome Larry - and same to everybody else who said thanks in the last several wwyd's...

more to come...