Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2019, 10:04 AM
Verified Member

Darmoose's and Newkirk's safety seems pretty good to me, although if the CB doesn't rest on the rail or on the 15, the opponent has a free straight-back on the 11-- possibly with po'.

But with this layout the shooter will continue to be on defense until he gets something in front of his hole (or made). I'd probably take a swing at the 2-railer of the stripe that's sitting on the head rail near the opponent's side (Beatle may be suggesting that shot too). Use right spin so that the CB feeds toward the side rail. That way if the opponent wants to take an ice water shot on the 11, he loses the game if he misses...

~Doc
Old 10-02-2019, 10:23 AM
Verified Member

Lots of shots from here!

I do like the 13 cross corner into the 2 balls and CB 2 or 3 rails back between the hole up table like others pointed out but for me, I dont see how you can pass up on the 2-railer on the 10 ball.

I shoot it with low left, draw into that other stripe a little to rest about there. 10 ball goes 2 rails and either goes, gets close or hits some balls down there , but you will have them doubled or tripled up.
Old 10-02-2019, 11:41 AM
Verified Member

Thumbs up

Bank the 4 ball off the other long rail into the backside of the 11. Use ALLOT of r/h draw, cue ball off the long rail and put em back up table by the upper r/h corner pocket.
no link....

Last edited by Island Drive; 10-02-2019 at 05:51 PM.
Old 10-02-2019, 12:06 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catkins View Post
I like rolling through the 12 banking it my way off the 5 and cutting the strip towards my pocket and hiding behind two ball on the short rail
I like your shot, but I would stick right there. Smack it and get the 5ball outta there, avoid all kisses.

Rodney Stephens.
(e-mail) rod.stephens0105@att.net(e-mail) #713-973-0503 is now working
Old 10-02-2019, 12:08 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darmoose View Post
I am playing off that six ball to put the CB on the bottom rail behind those two balls down there. How's that for defensive minded?
John, I am going to have to quit editing my posts. You beat me to it by 3 minutes.

It takes me longer to post than most, and then edit.

GOOD CHOICE, I like your shot
Old 10-02-2019, 03:00 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfportdoc View Post
Darmoose's and Newkirk's safety seems pretty good to me, although if the CB doesn't rest on the rail or on the 15, the opponent has a free straight-back on the 11-- possibly with po'.

But with this layout the shooter will continue to be on defense until he gets something in front of his hole (or made). I'd probably take a swing at the 2-railer of the stripe that's sitting on the head rail near the opponent's side (Beatle may be suggesting that shot too). Use right spin so that the CB feeds toward the side rail. That way if the opponent wants to take an ice water shot on the 11, he loses the game if he misses...

~Doc
This is 100% what I saw and why. I like banking the 13 into the 15, too, but the 2-rail cue ball path is a little fraught though it is there.
Old 10-02-2019, 03:15 PM
Verified Member

Two railing the 14 and parking him on the label. If I drain it I get a free 2 ball for the win.
Attached Images

Nick B

Name: Nick Beretanos
Old 10-02-2019, 03:24 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick B View Post
Two railing the 14 and parking him on the label. If I drain it I get a free 2 ball for the win.
That's it Nick but I thought the ball was the 10 not 14...either way, that's what I am playing too, good shot!
Old 10-02-2019, 04:27 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincy_kid View Post
That's it Nick but I thought the ball was the 10 not 14...either way, that's what I am playing too, good shot!
You are going to have the cut the 10/14 more than what is diagramed to miss the 2. That said, you better leave the 10/14 in the jaws because if you don't the 11 ball is free, and if made, its all over but the crying.
Old 10-02-2019, 05:21 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkbtank View Post
I like banking the 13 into that ball on the bottom rail by the 3 and swinging the cue around uptable on his side. Easy for a 3c player.
That is my choice too. Worst case you leave him a back cut on the 11 which is a tough shot and sends balls to your hole. If you hit it well, the cue ball is down by the ten and you have blockers for anything that gets near your hole.

We have two new Gabriel’s coming to Hard Times and I will learn as much as I can so we can play some next time we cross paths.