Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > Links & Reviews
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2005, 07:46 PM
Verified Member

Eddie,

Does that mean that eventually you intend to publish the 3rd one-pocket volume? BTW, I've said it before but thanks again for publishing the one-pocket books!

Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Robin
For those of you wanting new Winning One-Pocket books [W1Ps] of the much improved second edition [published 1996] contact Deno Andrews [E-mail address: denoandrews@sbcglobal.net] He still has some left for $225 + $10 S&H. I have some very, very slightly damaged ones [close inspection required to see flaw or flaws in front or rear cover material] left that have never even been opened that have been going for around $200 on eBay.

FYI, there was originally supposed to be a single book on one-pocket but there was far too much for one book and so there was to be a set of three one-pocket books. I went out of business before publishing the third. It would have all been one large book had I been able to fit all three books into less than 500 pages.

Though W1P is valued above its brother book, Shots, Moves, & Strategies [SMS], it's only because W1P became scarce a year earlier and many figured it must be the better book because it costs more money. Actually, the SMS book is the far better value for advanced players and I can't understand why anyone would want only a part of the work. SMS takes off where W1P leaves off.

Hope this has helped, and thanks to all of you for appreciating my work. There's nothing I'd like more than to publish the many books I'd originally intended. I might get back into publishing books within another year or so.

Eddie Robin E-mail address: eddierobin@aol.com
Old 06-30-2005, 08:08 PM
Verified Member

Default Third Book of the One-Pocket set

Hi Martin,

The answer is a definite yes but I still don't know how long it will take me to get back into business; its been over eight years already since my last publication. I intend to publish books on other games as well. Most of the work was actually completed several years ago but must be somewhat reconstructed due to a computer hard-drive disaster back in 1997.

Thanks once again for your appreciation of my books. The idea of six co-authors, by the way, worked quite well--those guys were much valued for the highly-acclaimed products we put out. I hope to get back into business for them as well as for myself; they have not been sufficiently rewarded for their contributions.

For the playing of a better game,

Eddie Robin
Old 06-30-2005, 11:57 PM
Verified Member

Eddie, thanks a whole lot for taking the time to respond yourself. I, no less than anyone, wish to see you back into the publishing business, and will be sure to get the whole collection once they are out. I would also like to have your 3-cushion work as well. Best wishes.
Old 07-01-2005, 01:15 AM
Verified Member

Default Eddie Robin's books....

I believe that to read Winning One Pocket and not then also get Shots, Moves, and Strategies as well is like looking at a fine statue from one side. Might as well get even more enlightenment while you can... your opponents have already read both more than likely. The second book sells for less on ebay but that will quickly change when everyone figures out that there are only a few of them left as well! It's a nearly identical book but with just as much info... I read it over and over again. I was reading it last night and discovered that one of the most well executed shots I have ever seen (which is on a tape I own) is in the book.... Ronnie Allen shooting a backward double bank to win against Keith McCready. I think it's on page 194. To have whole books full of shots like that is incredible. -Johnny
Old 07-02-2005, 08:39 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Hi Martin,

The answer is a definite yes but I still don't know how long it will take me to get back into business; its been over eight years already since my last publication. I intend to publish books on other games as well. Most of the work was actually completed several years ago but must be somewhat reconstructed due to a computer hard-drive disaster back in 1997.

Thanks once again for your appreciation of my books. The idea of six co-authors, by the way, worked quite well--those guys were much valued for the highly-acclaimed products we put out. I hope to get back into business for them as well as for myself; they have not been sufficiently rewarded for their contributions.

For the playing of a better game,

Eddie Robin
That is great news, especially to hear from the man himself!

Eddie, in my opinion your books 'raised the bar' for all billiards instructional books, not just One Pocket and 3C. Not only are they packed with top level advice and hundreds of excellent drawings, they have so many little entertaining historical shorts, they are a good read just for those!!

You certainly helped advance my own interest in One Pocket history, which is reflected here on this site.

I can't thank you enough for your huge contribution to the advancement in One Pocket instruction in general, and my own knowledge in particular.

Here's a toast to you!!
Old 07-02-2005, 06:31 PM
Verified Member

Default Gotta agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH Steve
That is great news, especially to hear from the man himself!

Eddie, in my opinion your books 'raised the bar' for all billiards instructional books, not just One Pocket and 3C. Not only are they packed with top level advice and hundreds of excellent drawings, they have so many little entertaining historical shorts, they are a good read just for those!!

You certainly helped advance my own interest in One Pocket history, which is reflected here on this site.

I can't thank you enough for your huge contribution to the advancement in One Pocket instruction in general, and my own knowledge in particular.

Here's a toast to you!!
I've got to totally agree with you, Steve. Eddie, you really are one of the good guys.
Old 07-04-2005, 12:25 AM

About 8 years ago I was in Kalamazoo solely to attend the US one pocket open. I sat down to have a cup of coffee and noticed that Steve Cook was sitting next to me. We talked and he told me to make sure I got the 2 Eddie Robins book. At that time they were selling for $100 for both of them. It was pretty steep at that time compared to other pool books but because Steve was so courteous and took the time to talk with me about one hole that I said what the hell and picked up the last pair. Damn it was one lucky day.
Old 07-04-2005, 02:25 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfigueroa
The very best instructional materiels are the Accu-Stats matches. Whether you want to learn 1pocket, 9ball, 14.1, or 3C. You watch different players, listen to the commentary, the light bulb goes on, and you go, "ahhhh."

Lou Figueroa
I agree wholeheartedly--i watch those tapes a million times and in many cases i come up with better moves.sometimes i learn new stuff also.whether you have an offensive or defensive style,i guarantee these tapes will help you.....gambling with better players doesnt hurt either;if you have the cheese to lose.........
Old 07-04-2005, 09:57 PM
Administrator

I moved the OldHasBeen and Lou exchange into the Member's Cafe forum. I didn't want it to distract or detract from the comments about Eddie Robin's fine books here.
Old 07-05-2005, 08:07 AM
Verified Member

So, Eddie, a few questions:

What happen to the info for the third volume?

And, are you surprised at how much these books have risen in value, become sought after and collected?

I cherish my two first editions and revist them often.

Lou Figueroa

Quote:
For those of you wanting new Winning One-Pocket books [W1Ps] of the much improved second edition [published 1996] contact Deno Andrews [E-mail address: denoandrews@sbcglobal.net] He still has some left for $225 + $10 S&H. I have some very, very slightly damaged ones [close inspection required to see flaw or flaws in front or rear cover material] left that have never even been opened that have been going for around $200 on eBay.

FYI, there was originally supposed to be a single book on one-pocket but there was far too much for one book and so there was to be a set of three one-pocket books. I went out of business before publishing the third. It would have all been one large book had I been able to fit all three books into less than 500 pages.

Though W1P is valued above its brother book, Shots, Moves, & Strategies [SMS], it's only because W1P became scarce a year earlier and many figured it must be the better book because it costs more money. Actually, the SMS book is the far better value for advanced players and I can't understand why anyone would want only a part of the work. SMS takes off where W1P leaves off.

Hope this has helped, and thanks to all of you for appreciating my work. There's nothing I'd like more than to publish the many books I'd originally intended. I might get back into publishing books within another year or so.

Eddie Robin E-mail address: eddierobin@aol.com