Interest in One Pocket on the uprise

Grady

Verified Member
From
Columbia, SC
It pleases me to see so many new One Pocket players. I have given a number of lessons just this month. Many are trying the game for the first time. I spoke with some new friends from out west while I was recently playing in the Joss finals tournament in Portland, Maine. With great delight, they regaled me with stories of their 2800 mile trek and how they didn't see a game of 9 Ball. They did, however, have much fun watching and playing One Pocket.
I'm going to New York early next month and plan to make a couple of stops along the way to make a few "converts". Maybe I'll see some of you during that time.

Woody_968

From
Terre Haute, Indiana
There is alot more one pocket being played in my home town. Its nice to get a break from nineball. Im trying to get more people playing straight pool as well, I like both of these games alot more than 9ball anymore, and I have pretty much just played 9ball since I took up the game.

Pelican

Verified Member
From
Magnolia Springs, AL
Young folks are interested - this is good

Young folks are interested - this is good

You know Grady, since we were up there to get the table, Brian and Will have probably played one pocket more than they ever had total before coming up. Even though I am a relatively newcomer to the game I am still and old fart. :eek: It is the interest by young folks that will bring about revitalization of one pocket. If you study history you will know that certain things run in cycles. Perhaps it is one pockets time.

Later, Pel

jack

Verified Member
From
Washington, DC
Grady said:
It pleases me to see so many new One Pocket players. I have given a number of lessons just this month. Many are trying the game for the first time. I spoke with some new friends from out west while I was recently playing in the Joss finals tournament in Portland, Maine. With great delight, they regaled me with stories of their 2800 mile trek and how they didn't see a game of 9 Ball. They did, however, have much fun watching and playing One Pocket.
I'm going to New York early next month and plan to make a couple of stops along the way to make a few "converts". Maybe I'll see some of you during that time.

Don't suppose you'll be coming through DC or Virginia on your way? I didn't get a chance to see you play at Orange Ball recently, but would love to if you'll be in the area...

Grady

Verified Member
From
Columbia, SC
I'll be playing in a tournament in NYC. All else is lessons, and an exhibition in Philly. Details on upcoming plans can be found on the "classified" section of this forum. Don't know when I'll next be in your area...probably when there's work for me.

Grady

Verified Member
From
Columbia, SC
Philly Exhibition

Philly Exhibition

It is to be at a new room in nearby New Jersey but I can't say exactly where. My friend Jimmy Fusco is setting it up. As soon as I know I'll post it.

Last edited:

jack

Verified Member
From
Washington, DC
Grady said:
It is to be at a new room in nearby New Jersey but I can't say exactly where. My friend Jimmy Fusco is setting it up. As soon as I know I'll post it.

Jimmy Fusco...i've heard he's not too bad at this one pocket game ;-)
if he uses the web, you should tell him about this site Grady...i'm already bringing in new people to it, and it definitely helps when i can drop your name :)