Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2019, 12:02 PM
Verified Member

go steve !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-18-2019, 12:28 PM
Verified Member

Default pool365 stream

John takes it down in a thriller.
Here is the main page link https://www.facebook.com/POOL365Media/

Last edited by crabbcatjohn; 08-18-2019 at 01:14 PM.
Old 08-18-2019, 06:45 PM
Verified Member

Default Steve up now

https://www.facebook.com/pg/POOL365M...=page_internal
Old 08-22-2019, 08:05 AM
Administrator

Default Follow up from Beau -- who runs the tournament

I copied this from Facebook:

Hello everyone just wanted to post some details about the one pocket tournament last Sunday at Amazing Billiards.

Out of the 36 players that pre registered we had 34 that actually played in the event.

The tournament managed to finish at 12:15 despite starting about 45 min later that i was hoping for, so Iím sorry about starting late everyone.

There was a total of $1280 in the Calcutta of which i paid out $1150.

The Calcutta payouts were as follows:

1st $500 Lukas Fracasso-Verner

2nd $350 Samoth Sam James Stonkus

3rd $200 Joe Dupuis Gordy V

4th $100 Beau Powers

The tournament payouts totaled $1950 and were as follows:

1st $700 to Lukas Fracasso-Verner CT

2nd $500 to Samoth Sam ME

3rd $350 to Gordy MA

4th $200 to Francisco Javier Salas MA

5th/6th $100 to Steve Booth and John F Smith both from NH

7th/8th was free entry to the next event and went to David Torgovec RI and Bill Anderson CT.

The entire bracket can be viewed in the link below along with the videos of the matches.

The total cash payout was $3100 dollars.

That came from 1280 in Calcutta money and approximately 35 x $50 = 1750 from entry fees, it is 35 not 36 because i did not pay to play.

I also received $500 in added money.

There was approximately 350 dollars in cost associated with running the tournament including renting the room, paying for the live stream services and for the posters I purchased to advertise the event, not including my own personal transportation costs.

Total money taken in:

$1280 + $1750 + $500 = $3530.

Total payouts and expenses

$1150 + $1950 + $350 = $3450.

The raffle only raised about $50 and that money will be added to future event and was won by a member of Amazing Billiards, Lee Roby. The winning ticket was pulled by Tiny Ragusa and witnessed by James Stonkus.

I just want to give personal thanks to Mazin Shooni of Amazing Billiards for letting me use the room and helping me out.

I also want to thank Steve Booth and onepocket.org for adding money.

I also want to thank Suad Kantarevic of Adoemainvestments.com for adding money.

I also want to thank Paul Stamatos for adding money and helping me to print and distribute clear directions for the tournament (even if no one read them🤦🏻*♂️ lol).

I also want to thank Andrew DeChristopher of 365 Media for doing the live stream and helping me run the event along with Ricardo Diaz for driving him despite nearly cutting off his hand earlier in the day.

l also want to thank Joe Dupuis for stepping in to help me as I crashed and burned while attempting the Calcutta.

And i would like to thank Mike DeMarco for his support and last min plug to help me fill the events last spot.
Not only that but his low limit event was a compliment to my event not a competition and he that didnít have to do that and appreciate it.

This was only my 2nd event and I learned a lot about how plans donít always work out and itís never a bad idea to have a back up plan for the back up plan for the back up plan.

I hope i can make future events better for everyone involved by utilizing what i have learned from this event.

Also thanks to all the players who came, we had at least 2 participants from every state in New England in a non handicapped one pocket tournament and i think thatís pretty special.

I hope to see everyone who came to this event and those who didnít at the next one. I have some ideas in the works and i will be announcing them in the coming weeks.

THANKS!

https://m.facebook.com/POOL365Media/videos/

https://challonge.com/northeastsummerslam
Old 08-22-2019, 09:54 AM
Verified Member

Thanks for the update Steve
Congrats to you and John for placing in the money
Old 08-22-2019, 11:09 AM
Verified Member

Good job by Beau! Sounds like he pulled off a helluva first event. I know from personal experience that at T.D. learns a lot from the first one, and gets insights into how to make future events even better. Congrats.

~Doc