Winning One pocket Eddie Robin First or Second edition

jp123

Good Morning Everyone. For Winning One pocket Eddie Robin, is the First edition more valuable than the Second edition?

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i beleive the second edition is more valuable because it has the corrections
if you have the "errata sheets"(sp)that were available for the corrections to the first edition it increase its value
jmho
icbw

Bill

Verified Member
From
Washington DC
Good Morning Everyone. For Winning One pocket Eddie Robin, is the First edition more valuable than the Second edition?

wondering this myself, I have the first edition with corrections already made in red ink thru out the book. any comments on this?

piggybank04

Verified Member
im not trying to be a smart ass here, but if these books are full of so much precious one pocket knowledge and secrets, how come we never see anything groundbreaking in the wwyd's?? i doubt theres anything in there ive not seen--again, not trying to be smart, but, unless everyone is keeping all their secrets from the book, i dont see how it could be that great.......im guessing the main value is in its scarcity.......

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
im not trying to be a smart ass here, but if these books are full of so much precious one pocket knowledge and secrets, how come we never see anything groundbreaking in the wwyd's?? i doubt theres anything in there ive not seen--again, not trying to be smart, but, unless everyone is keeping all their secrets from the book, i dont see how it could be that great.......im guessing the main value is in its scarcity.......

Stories, quotes and pictures.
Rod.
P.S. Don't knock it til you see it.
P.P.S Also a few things you haven't seen.

piggybank04

Verified Member
ok stories and pics--thats good--shots ive never seen? maybe--he was a 3 cushion player right? i know if there is anything like the trick shot credited to him in robert byrnes treasury of trick shots, then id def like to see it,because that trick shot is nothing short of amazing.....years ago, i nearly made it on the 3rd try--its very tough......still, there would have to be enough original shots in there for me to spend that kind of money......

Ken_4fun

Verified Member
IMO, its not the particular shots that I get, but more of philsophy.

I learned 8 ball and 9 ball first and started learning one pocket a few years ago.

The thing I picked up reading it were how to send more than one ball at a time to your pocket....

I think Bugs stuff was some of the best in it.

Ken

senor

Verified Member
ok stories and pics--thats good--shots ive never seen? maybe--he was a 3 cushion player right? i know if there is anything like the trick shot credited to him in robert byrnes treasury of trick shots, then id def like to see it,because that trick shot is nothing short of amazing.....years ago, i nearly made it on the 3rd try--its very tough......still, there would have to be enough original shots in there for me to spend that kind of money......

Back in the day it was not "that kind of money". Also, back in the day there was no onepocket.org, much less the interwebs :) Just some grainy VHS tapes being re-recorded. No bullshit, my game jumped significantly after I read those books.

Now, the books are more collectors' items. So if you're not into collecting and memorabilia, they might not be for you. Back in the day, they were tools to a better game.

And like Rod said, I think there is a good chance you will see shots you've never seen before, but these might be connected to a story or something along those lines, as opposed to offering instructional value.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan

Is this original enough for you? Jack Breit ran 4 & out playing Ronnie Allen from this position. Maybe you can figure out how he did it:).

breit's shot.jpg

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
i think we should wait to hear from piggybanks04
before we say how we would do it
jmho
icbw
:D:rolleyes:

lll,

Guess away Larry. This is not a WWYD thread, just wanted to illustrate to PB04 one of the "groundbreaking" (whatever that means) shots in W.O.P.

Dennis

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
lll,

Guess away Larry. This is not a WWYD thread, just wanted to illustrate to PB04 one of the "groundbreaking" (whatever that means) shots in W.O.P.

Dennis

i thought since pg04 seems to know everything and can execute all of his intentions and doesnt think either of ediies books would teach him anything we should hear from the master without any "hints " from us
just sayin'
no offence intended
:)

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
The layout of those books also makes them entertaining, because they are set up so on one page you see the before situation, and then on the next page you see what the player actually shot -- usually as described by the shooter, but commented on by the five or six player legends that are credited throughout each book. Because of that format, you can look at the problem and try to figure out your own solution before you peek -- much like our WWYD's. Then you can look at their solution and read the expert comments -- some of which generally agree and others that had different ideas. The diagrams are top notch too. You cannot help but learn. Compared to professional lessons, the books even now are a great value.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
If Piggy wants to know, he'll have to unass the geld. If he doesn't he's welcome to his ignorance. Or maybe he's already better than Steve Cook, Weenie Beany, Jack Breit, Boston Shortie and the other contributors to the book.

piggybank04

Verified Member
If Piggy wants to know, he'll have to unass the geld. If he doesn't he's welcome to his ignorance. Or maybe he's already better than Steve Cook, Weenie Beany, Jack Breit, Boston Shortie and the other contributors to the book.
you are misunderstanding my position--again, i just dont see any mind blowing contributions to the wwyds from people that have read this book--aside from efren and shannon, frost and joyner, theres not a lot of creative ideas floating around ......hence my questions...... again, not trying to be a smartass, im here to learn and share......btw, i do plan on looking thru the books to decide for myself--if the info is as good as some people say,then i'll buy one.......