** New Video** Grady Mathews Memorial Video

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
Worked on it all day and finally finished it up a few minutes ago.

This is a video I created in memory of Grady Mathews. I created it for all of his family, friends and fans to remember him by. I think it came out very nice and I'm sure that everyone that watches, will be moved by it. Many thanks to Mary Kenniston, Steve Booth and Freddy Bentivegna for supplying me with many nice pictures. I even managed to throw in a few audio clips of Grady sparring with Billy Incardona in the booth, as he is wont to do :D

I would have liked to spend even more time on this to make it so much better, but I was under the gun to get it done while the tournament was going on and had to juggle several other things going on. Hope you all enjoy it in the state it is though. I enjoyed making it and watching it when it was done.

Please if you would, email this link to all the pro players you know or anyone else that would enjoy watching it, as there are a lot of people that do not visit these forums and would never know it existed. Especially a lot of his friends. Those are the people that I really hope get to see it, the people that knew him best. I don't know all those people's emails, so I'm counting on you guys/gals to help me get it out there for them to enjoy.

Thanks again to Mark Griffin for dedicating the 2012 US Open Onepocket Championships to Grady.

If you enjoy, feel free to leave comments on the threads in AZB or onepocket.org or here. Many hours go into making something like this, so it's always nice to know that someone watched it.

If you are moved to tell a story or relay a memory, certainly feel free to do so here.:smile:

Thank you, Greg aka "CaliRed"

Suggestion: Please right click on the video anywhere, and view full screen for optimal viewing

Here is the link to the video http://www.vimeo.com/calired/grady

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Great job Greg -- very nicely done. A whole lot of Grady memories there. That is all I can say right now...

Thanks!

Bill

Verified Member
From
Washington DC
many thanks sir for your time putting this fine remembrance together - thank you

rip Mr Grady Mathews - always will be remembered sir :)

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
What a well done video, Greg! You just keep piling up the good stuff with your work. I was touched by the sentiments conveyed in your piece. I'd written a letter to Grady a few weeks before he died. After watching your video, it made me happy that I had done so. Best regards, ole buddy~

Doc

TWO PICKS

Verified Member
Well done. The Pelican and his friends from southern billiards forum will thank you also. TPOG.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
This is impressive, Greg. Not many people, champions or not, will have such an effort made in their behalf when they are gone. I hope it will be properly appreciated as it should be, by those for whom you have undertaken this project. Well done.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Wonderful job on that Greg. I think most all of us appreciate this and all the other things that you do...Somebody has to look out for the dumb and the aged........

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm1afzSf0zQ[/ame]

Mary Kenniston

Verified Member
Excellent job, my friend! The commentary at the end made me cry - it's so sad to think that we'll never hear that voice again or enjoy Grady's excellent insight & humor. Thank you, Greg, for all your work in putting this together.