Give up secrets to making...

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Looking for some input from members secrets, if any, on, how to make the the 'Long straight/with CB within 1/4" or frozen to the end rail!' Obviously, your pocket, top right.

I have "MY own little secrets about, 'what to do on this shot.' I will post my thoughts with video of the shot being made and mechanics involved.

BTW, the 14 ball is unimportant!

Here's the shot.

View attachment 23510

Last edited:

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Lemme be the first deadly-accurate expert to weigh in here. First, hit the cue ball exactly in the center. Second, aim at the center of the gap between the shoulders of the pocket. This occasionally works for me on this, the simplest of all shots. :frus

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Here's "MY" take on executing this shot! i shot this video today.

Here's a video demonstrating the difficult, long straight in shot, with the cue ball frozen or only 1/4" off the end rail. For the secret to making this shot is to get your line up on the OB and then keep your focus on contacting the CB in the EXACT center, which I did, the CB followed the OB into the pocket, (looking at the CB last). 'Notice my head is looking DOWN at the CB on the last stroke!' The other element to this shot is to use minimal wrist, more using the forearm muscles NO wrist! The other main factor is to, STAY DOWN thru the shot!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6d6hPJrC3o&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:

unoperro

Verified Member
I know a topnotch pro who bridges as far back on the rail as he can.
Offers a little longer sight picture .

Cory in dc

Verified Member
Looking for some input from members secrets, if any, on, how to make the the 'Long straight/with CB within 1/4" or frozen to the end rail!' Obviously, your pocket, top right.

I have "MY own little secrets about, 'what to do on this shot.' I will post my thoughts with video of the shot being made and mechanics involved.

BTW, the 14 ball is unimportant!

Here's the shot.

I've done this for so long that I'm not sure who taught it to me. On straight in shots, I visualize aiming at the point where the ball contacts the felt. Somehow, that makes the exact center (left to right wise) of the object ball more discernible. Or maybe it's just a mental trick to help me focus more intently. In any case, it seems to help.

beatle

Verified Member
i dont do anything different than if i was close to it and was hitting the cue ball high. its the same shot except father away.

its obviously harder to hit your spot so you may tense up and choke.

Tobermory

Verified Member
From
San Francisco, CA
I've done this for so long that I'm not sure who taught it to me. On straight in shots, I visualize aiming at the point where the ball contacts the felt. Somehow, that makes the exact center (left to right wise) of the object ball more discernible. Or maybe it's just a mental trick to help me focus more intently. In any case, it seems to help.

I was taught to do the same thing: focus on the spot where the OB touches the felt, or conversely, focus on the top dead center spot on the OB and aim there. Then, all you have to do is line up and put a perfect stroke in the center of the CB and voila, Bob's your uncle

beatle

Verified Member
ill often do what larry said when the cue ball is frozen to the rail.

other wise its the same shot if the cue ball was close to it or if you brought the object ball back close to the cue ball.

when you start changing your shot then you start to second guess and choke and miss it.