Navigating the forums

Gettherack

I"m having difficulty figuring out how to switch the posts so that the first post in a thread comes up first. The way mine is set up the last post comes up first. I don't like it that way because I don't know what they're talking about. :frus

Help please!

Gettherack

Bmoretallpaul

Verified Member
I"m having difficulty figuring out how to switch the posts so that the first post in a thread comes up first. The way mine is set up the last post comes up first. I don't like it that way because I don't know what they're talking about. :frus

Help please!

Gettherack

Hit the last page tab and that takes you back to the beginning. Just look in the top right corner for the sequence number

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Or you can go to your "User CP" -- which is at the far left of the navigation bar in the forum page. Click on that, then scroll down to "Edit Options" and click on that. That opens up another long menu, but if you scroll down you will see a drop down menu for "Thread display mode" and you can choose the way you want it. I believe the default for lurkers who are not logged in might be "linear -- oldest first", but the default for members is "linear -- newest first". My thinking for that being that regular member visitors want to go straight to the most recent posts -- but you are not the first person who has said they prefer the other way around :)

Anyway, now that you are a member, the choice is yours!!

If you have trouble with my instructions, then let me know.

hankh

Verified Member
From
Arrey, N.M.
Gettherack, Howdy;

I'm like you, rather have the oldest at the front and the newest like the tail of a
dog, merrily swing away at the back of the critter.

Like Steve mentioned you can go that way to get there OR, ... look right below
your name and you'll see a topic named Display. click the triangle next to it and
then click on linear. Should be what you are looking for. If not then take Steve's
longer route, crap he runs the place after all..

By-the-way WELCOME to the forum.

hank