alex/tony 2

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
If I was playing Alex and ahead 6 - 4 I would bank the three toward my side focusing on leaving the cue ball as close to the side rail as I could. I would also not at all be surprised if Tony banked the nine ball for his hole and brought the cue ball two rails back down table for a second bank on the three.

Tom

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I like that shot too, Tom. Plus, with the new position of the 3, it would probably prevent the opponent from taking a swing at the two-railer on the 2 ball.

~Doc

DickP

Verified Member
From
San Antonio, TX
If I was playing Alex and ahead 6 - 4 I would bank the three toward my side focusing on leaving the cue ball as close to the side rail as I could

For sure. But given the three's distance from the side rail I would be kicking it away, rather than banking it. A lot easier to freeze the cue to the side rail with the kick (for me, anyway) than the stun-creep-through shot which I regularly muck-up under pressure...

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
The big boys are going for the kill here, banking the 9 and shaping for the 3...

I'm banking the 3 over above the side pocket and leaving the CB as close to the side rail as I can manage...

Ahead 6/4, I'm putting some on my side where they are tougher for him to make should I make an error later...

Behind 4/6 I would definitely bank the 9...

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
For sure. But given the three's distance from the side rail I would be kicking it away, rather than banking it. A lot easier to freeze the cue to the side rail with the kick (for me, anyway) than the stun-creep-through shot which I regularly muck-up under pressure...

I like that idea Dick. That is as long as there is enough room behind the three.
You might even be able to slide the cue ball up the rail a bit higher and hide the deuce. Keep the three away from the side rail though, otherwise you will likely leave a two rail bank on it.

Tom

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I think Tony banks the 6ball or whatever ball is closer to his pocket.
P.S. He banks those about as good as possible.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
alex/tony 2

The big boys are going for the kill here, banking the 9 and shaping for the 3...

I'm banking the 3 over above the side pocket and leaving the CB as close to the side rail as I can manage...

Ahead 6/4, I'm putting some on my side where they are tougher for him to make should I make an error later...

Behind 4/6 I would definitely bank the 9...

My thoughts exactly. Same as Toms first post also. 👍

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I think Tony banks the 6ball or whatever ball is closer to his pocket.
P.S. He banks those about as good as possible.

I also like banking the 2 pocket speed and leaving the CB where alex has a 3 ball combo.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i thought tony would shoot the bank on the 2 like rod suggested and cincy diagrammed over the 9 because if you miss the 9 the cue ball is closer to it vs where the cue ball would be banking the 2
i was also curious who else would be banking first......;)
but tony took toms advice and banked the 3 to his side playing the score
as31.jpg

as32.jpg

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
i thought tony would shoot the bank on the 2 like rod suggested and cincy diagrammed over the 9 because if you miss the 9 the cue ball is closer to it vs where the cue ball would be banking the 2
i was also curious who else would be banking first......;)
but tony took toms advice and banked the 3 to his side playing the score
View attachment 15315

View attachment 15316

With as aggressive as Tony plays, I am surprised by his choice. It's the smartest, safest and overall probably the right shot but did not see this coming from Tony ;)

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
If I was playing Alex and ahead 6 - 4 I would bank the three toward my side focusing on leaving the cue ball as close to the side rail as I could. I would also not at all be surprised if Tony banked the nine ball for his hole and brought the cue ball two rails back down table for a second bank on the three.

Tom

Tony's not going for anything here because he needs two and can only get one unless he plays for perfect shape but playing for perfect shape, gives Alex a straight in if he misses. He can miss and leave Alex a shot which Alex could torn into a win. With short races, chances are at a premium. If Tony does play safe, get out your calendar and mark the date.