West Coast Swing Update

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I walked into California Billiards yesterday afternoon during the 2nd round and looked around and did not know which game to sweat. This field is full of champions and there are so many of them here there is no chance of anyone sliding through into the $$ with a soft draw.

I could not figure out who I wanted to watch so I drummed up a three handed golf game with Bill Skinner from Denver and Chris Swartz, the owner of CA Billiards.:D Both play well and now they have me stuck and I will be back at it today.

I did keep an eye on the Jerry Matchin/Bob Herchik match that was close by and Jerry won in a four hour+ hard fought battle. Bob finished 2nd to Dennis Orcullo last year and drew him again in his first round here and is now out of the tournament.

T-Rex against Chip Compton on the stream at 10:30 am today. I will even put off the golf game for that one.

Any number of these guys can win it. Bustamante lost a heartbreaker to Shaw after being down 3/1 and coming back to needing one ball to win it and getting a kiss on a questionable shot to lose it. Shaw, like many of these guys, has the firepower to beat anyone. He simply pockets balls better than anyone on the planet IMO except Orcullo. SVB is rolling along and looks hungry and who knows which one of these champions will catch a gear and win it all.

Thanks to POV for the free stream and letting me do a little commentating.

Hard Times Carla

Verified Member
Daniel and POV streaming is awesome

Daniel and POV streaming is awesome

Everyone at Hard Times Bellflower is enjoying the stream. And Daniel and Hendy's commentating was great last night. Thanks for bringing us the show.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Thanks for the update John. Sorry you weren't able to play, I know you would have loved it but sounds like you're having a ball anyway. The only part of the stream I was able to watch yesterday was when it was 7-5 Billy vs. SVB first game. Hope to catch some of it before it ends.

Say hi to the boys for me.

Dave

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Alex just defeated Shane to move into the finals. Very entertaining last game, with Alex needing 1 or 2 and Shane needing 9, then Shane clawed back, and Alex scratched his way back so the roles reversed. Finally Alex persevered.

I got one WWYD out of it I'll post in a separate thread,

Orcollo vs the Lion in about a half hour is what I thought I heard them say.

keoneyo

Verified Member
Thanks John for being there and repping all of us here at OP.org.
Some fine commentating with you, Jerry, and Bernie.
The stream is fantastic and Daniel and Geraldine are doing a fantastic job.

On the Bustamante/Shaw match. Busty just done lost his mind on that bank shot needing one. He's gotta join OP.org to get some WWYD practice in. That was such a terrible choice he made.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Thanks John for being there and repping all of us here at OP.org.
Some fine commentating with you, Jerry, and Bernie.
The stream is fantastic and Daniel and Geraldine are doing a fantastic job.

On the Bustamante/Shaw match. Busty just done lost his mind on that bank shot needing one. He's gotta join OP.org to get some WWYD practice in. That was such a terrible choice he made.

I like that keoneyo :D:D