cross corner bank off the point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cross corner bank off the point

whitey suggested i post this link to a video of efren shooting this shot against billy palmer...danny di mentioned efren had shot it before in the match
    obviously its one he is comfortable with
    enjoy
    http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showp...2&postcount=16

Thanks, Larry for finding this and threading it! What a great video and shot! I nominate this for consideration of being placed in site 'The Game', "Great Shots". The commentating is so right on, for the one commentator wants to spin the cb to rails into the ob, and Danny wants to hit it thin and bank it into the 3 and make the combo, and then Efren does his shot!
    And when Danny says; " I haven't seen this shot before" that is really saying something profound! I just have to wonder about the history of this shot. Thanks again, Larry.

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis "Whitey" Young View Post
      Thanks, Larry for finding this and threading it! What a great video and shot! I nominate this for consideration of being placed in site 'The Game', "Great Shots". The commentating is so right on, for the one commentator wants to spin the cb to rails into the ob, and Danny wants to hit it thin and bank it into the 3 and make the combo, and then Efren does his shot!
      And when Danny says; " I haven't seen this shot before" that is really saying something profound! I just have to wonder about the history of this shot. Thanks again, Larry.
      The first time I ever saw the shot it was presented as a trick shot in the mid to late 1960s. It's probably way older than that , most shots are .
      The cueball was frozen to the bottom rail at the first diamond from the pocket where you were shooting and the Object ball was placed frozen on the middle diamond on the same rail.
      The ball was shot with extreme left english at just a slight angle into the rail.
      It was extremely difficult to ever make the ball , but Efren, saw it as a move, instead of a shot, and made it a useable tool..

Comment

Nobody shoots it better than Tony [ame]https://vimeo.com/158438861[/ame]
        Last edited by crabbcatjohn; 08-29-2018, 07:18 PM.

Comment

HA! That's insane that he shot that shot jacked up. That's watcha call fearless...

~Doc

Comment

Originally posted by crabbcatjohn View Post
            Nobody shoots it better than Tony https://vimeo.com/158438861
            thanks for the link john
            i agree with doc
            thats just crazy the way he speared it.....

Comment

Originally posted by lll View Post
              thanks for the link john
              i agree with doc
              thats just crazy the way he speared it.....
              Actually, upon reflection, he may just have meant to bop that ball outta there, and had a happy accident. Shooting the "point" shot jacked up, and with that much force would not be likely...

~Doc

Comment

Originally posted by gulfportdoc View Post
                Actually, upon reflection, he may just have meant to bop that ball outta there, and had a happy accident. Shooting the "point" shot jacked up, and with that much force would not be likely...

~Doc
                That was discussed. They said he shot at it and he plays it often

Comment

nice shot to be able make but there isnt much he cant do

Comment

Originally posted by Custhar1 View Post
                    nice shot to be able make but there isnt much he cant do
                    Yes and the sad thing is, he seems to be at risk of losing competitive interest unless more opponents are willing to step into the box.
                    "One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
                    -- Strawberry Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by gulfportdoc View Post

~Doc
                      The happy ending

Comment

I have done this exact shot in a game.... but it was by accident.... for the money... played it off well

Comment

fed ex

ive seen you make some good bank shots unfortunately some against me

Comment

Originally posted by Custhar1 View Post
                            ive seen you make some good bank shots unfortunately some against me
                            Lol.... maybe so

Comment

Working...
                            X