Truman Hogue vs. "Piggy Bank" Rogers 2001 D.C.C.

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
Either way, after Broombach gets back and responds I will show what Truman shot.

RBL

Well thanks guys.I didn't know I would ever be missed.:lol.Ok,no I'm not shooting the 9ball cross side.I would jack up and try to ease the cball back to the bottom rail with low left.Off the 8ball that is.Carry on good people.John B.

Are you kidding? After Freddy, me & Billy I. yours is the most sought-after opinion on Bank Pool layouts:p.

I'm too tired now, I'll show it tomorrow.

RBL

Seriously, you talk about everyone else not being a man of their words...you lie just as much if not more than any of the ones you pick on.

The time it took you to post that you're too tired you could have just posted the damn shot.

Jeez, too many dumb asses around here :sorry

Now I see how you drove Dick over the edge. :heh

SJDinPHX

Suspended
What an easy game !

What an easy game !

Jeez, too many dumb asses around here..lol

Now I see how you ALMOST drove Dick over the edge...Hah !

Very true words Steverino !...I would not profess to know the correct shot here, but I see that after 6-7 pages, there is still NOT a consensus among these brainiac's either.. :confused: Especially Denise, who just keep stirring the sh*t... I told ya, he likes that job !

My bud John was going to give me a few weeks of lessons, so I could make my run, at this years "Bank Pool HOF"....Well, Mr Brumback, after viewing this clusterf@@k of a thread, I think about 45 minutes, should be more then enough, to assure me of an easy induction.
(I'm glad you are already in, as I see you as my only REAL competition) :lol

I will not be needing much in the way of "strategy" lessons, because I already know, I can make the 7 ball, EITHER rail first, (my preference) or straight in, every time..which would definately be my choice of shot. (it ain't rocket science) :cool:

Please tell me why I should waste my valuable time PRACTICING, (ugh) when I already KNOW how to bank better than any
of these (your words Steve) "Dumb Asses" ? :rolleyes:...Gotta be easier than bankin' 'em all in one hole, huh ?
...Besides John, it will leave us more time to drink, smoke, and chase the gir...oops, I forgot, you're married !!! :p

Mr. 3Cushion-Bankin' Duck <---My new handle...Sure hope there are no 'domain' problems.. Nah, NO ONE would use a name like that..!

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
You been around Billy I...

You been around Billy I...

Well thanks guys.I didn't know I would ever be missed.:lol.Ok,no I'm not shooting the 9ball cross side.I would jack up and try to ease the cball back to the bottom rail with low left.Off the 8ball that is.Carry on good people.John B.

You have been around Cardone too much. :frus I think you two just want to break my balls. Try and convince any Kentucky boy that you would play safe there. :lol

I set it up made it first shot out of the box on my Gold Crown. Yeah, sure. You like 9 ft off the rail straight backs but a cut cross side that you are 2 feet away from that could win the game from a serious deficit, is a little too risky.

I will kill myself if Truman didnt shoot the cross side.
Beard

John Brumback

Verified Member
You have been around Cardone too much. :frus I think you two just want to break my balls. Try and convince any Kentucky boy that you would play safe there. :lol

I set it up made it first shot out of the box on my Gold Crown. Yeah, sure. You like 9 ft off the rail straight backs but a cut cross side that you are 2 feet away from that could win the game from a serious deficit, is a little too risky.

Beard

Well...I'll be darn.I thought I had just agreed with you back up there somewhere.No, I'm like Denise,I only agree with what "I" think is the right shot.I'm no ball breaker,you know that.To me it just seems like you can't make up your mind.No way would you just whale away at that ole wild cross side shot.You would shoot my shot,I know how you play and think;) John B.

PS: me too on Truman shooting that ole tuff cross side and letting whitey just run wild.

John Brumback

Verified Member
I believe Truman, needing them all, and they are all bankable if he makes the 9 went for the shot --- just like I would have done -- and just like you would have done, John.:) Please tell the truth on this one, John.

Beard

I forgot what the score is or was.If that safety that I mentioned already is as easy as it looks that's what I would be shooting.I'm not quite ready to shoot at the white flag here:) (For you Denise)

As far as the 9ft blah blah shots come in.I can make the pocket play bigger on a straightback than I could on this hard cross side shot.best regards,Mr.Beard.John B.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.

Beard
You have a way with words that far surpasses most. And how about when you explained how difficult of a shot the 7 ball was in the Piggy thread by saying...A length of the table shot that required a paper thin cut.
Paleeeez.:lol:lol
But even with your wording wizardry, it's not enough to convince thinkers to agree with your absurdity.:sorry

Dr. Bill

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
My final word

My final word

Here is my final word. I have used this before and I will use it again.
"A fool convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still."

Case closed.

Beard

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Hard to believe.

Hard to believe.

We're gonna miss ya:D. Mr. "Shoot at a Red Cross" Hogue played safe off the 9 ball:

View attachment 5595

Leaving Mr. Bank here:

View attachment 5596

Now the next question is, what did Piggy shoot and how long after did he win the game? Plus, Truman accomplished doodly-shit. Piggy can actually cross the 8 ball straight back and follow the cue ball to the cushion of the foot rail. If he doesnt make it. Truman should be snookered from the 8 ball and certainly in no kind of advantageous position. If Piggy does what I say he will have put Truman in deep trouble. Thats why that phoney, sissy safety was a stiff.

Beard

Does it look like Truman put Piggy into any trouble?!!! :frus

See you in the next life.

Last edited:

John Brumback

Verified Member
For all of us that shot the 7 in..that was so strong we made Truman try to duck!:lol That's not easy to do either;) John B.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Now the next question is, what did Piggy shoot and how long after did he win the game?
Beard

Does it look like Truman put Piggy into any trouble?!!! Piggy does that all by himself.

Freddy,

Are you sure this guy's from Chicago? He tried to bank the 8 straight-back between the 6 & 9:eek:. One of the dumber shots I've ever seen any poolplayer shoot in any game.

PB's Shot.jpg

Truman made the 8, missed the 1 and Piggy made the 6 straight-back to win the game.

P.S. This match goes 5 games.

My posting in this thread is now done:sorry

CapturedPicture_6.Jpeg

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Now the next question is, what did Piggy shoot and how long after did he win the game? Plus, Truman accomplished doodly-shit. Piggy can actually cross the 8 ball straight back and follow the cue ball to the cushion of the foot rail. If he doesnt make it. Truman should be snookered from the 8 ball and certainly in no kind of advantageous position. If Piggy does what I say he will have put Truman in deep trouble. Thats why that phoney, sissy safety was a stiff.

Beard

Does it look like Truman put Piggy into any trouble?!!! :frus

Not so fast, just because Truman played his safety the wrong way, your trying to claim victory off of a badly thought out safety. If you go back to post#43 I explain what safety is best for this situation. Instead of Truman playing off the side of the spotted balls, he should of played off the bottom of the 8 ball, and followed through the 8 ball and ended up with the cue ball positioned near the center diamond on the top rail. This type of a hit would put all object balls on the right side of the table, leaving zero return banks. Even for a "shoot at a white flag" player like yourself.

Dr. Bill

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Freddy,

Are you sure this guy's from Chicago? He tried to bank the 8 straight-back between the 6 & 9:eek:. One of the dumber shots I've ever seen any poolplayer shoot in any game.

View attachment 5597

Truman made the 8, missed the 1 and Piggy made the 6 straight-back to win the game.

View attachment 5598
You're correct again Dennis, it looks like a shot that would make the top 10 worst shots list.:lol But lets look at this from another perspective.;) Maybe the free straight back bank that Freddie alluded to wasn't available for Piggy, so Truman did play a reasonably good shot. Now Piggy must try to put balls out of play, or play a common sense safety and go back up table with the cue ball. Jeez, why didn't I get in this tournament?:frus

Dr. Bill

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Freddy,

View attachment 5597

View attachment 5598
Question for Fred. Do you think Truman likes this shot more than you liked the "shoot at a white flag" cross side bank on the 1 ball?:p

I didn't realize that the Bank pool forum was this much fun.:D
Dr. Bill

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Dr. My Eyes

Dr. My Eyes

Question for Fred. Do you think Truman likes this shot more than you liked the "shoot at a white flag" cross side bank on the 1 ball?:p

I didn't realize that the Bank pool forum was this much fun.:D
Dr. Bill

Yes, it's good to see you in The Bank Pool Forum. I have seen several days go by without a single post in here. I only wish I had played bank pool when I was young instead of so much nine ball. Aspirants can learn from all of you champions and the reasoning behind the different selections. You can learn from each different choice, regardless of the particular shot that you would choose. I hope you continue to take part in the Bank Forum and The Members Only Section as well. It can be fun and entertaining sometimes.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqFUmo8VVg0[/ame]

This song goes out to you and Rodney Stevens . I am listening to it and about to hit the treadmill with the Allen Hopkins stream on. Listen to the words..........

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Post #69

Post #69

Not so fast, just because Truman played his safety the wrong way, your trying to claim victory off of a badly thought out safety. If you go back to post#43 I explain what safety is best for this situation. Instead of Truman playing off the side of the spotted balls, he should of played off the bottom of the 8 ball, and followed through the 8 ball and ended up with the cue ball positioned near the center diamond on the top rail. This type of a hit would put all object balls on the right side of the table, leaving zero return banks. Even for a "shoot at a white flag" player like yourself.

Dr. Bill

All this did was confirm my opinion that Piggy will invariably take the wrong shot, like when he rolled in the 7 ball. Everybody was fawning over him when he rolled at the 7. He was a genius then. One shot later he is a dunce.

If Piggy would have done what I suggested in post #69, Truman would have been a dead potato. And his wonderful plan to not "shoot at a white flag" would have received a good toilet flush.

Beard

Where was all these percentages and strategy when we played bank pool? All you ever did was shoot at long shots. You could make some back then.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
All this did was confirm my opinion that Piggy will invariably take the wrong shot, like when he rolled in the 7 ball. Everybody was fawning over him when he rolled at the 7. He was a genius then. One shot later he is a dunce. Piggy has the ability to shoot any type of a shot and do well, but he has a gunslinger's mentality. Sometimes it helps him win (like shooting the 7 ball) and then there are other times when it cost him to lose. Live by the sword die by the sword.

If Piggy would have done what I suggested in post #69, Truman would have been a dead potato. And his wonderful plan to not "shoot at a white flag" would have received a good toilet flush. Did it ever cross your mind that the shot you thought was available for Piggy, wasn't available? You have to give Piggy the credit to at least see a free straight back bank:frus or do you think he just likes shooting jacked up off the end rail warp speed banks that don't go? Let me answer both questions for you, no--yes.:p

Beard

Where was all these percentages and strategy when we played bank pool? All you ever did was shoot at long shots. You need to stop while your only lying flat on your back, you really don't want to feel my finishing blow.

It may be too late for you, but better late then never. In order for you to get the respect that your entitled to (which you are entitled to) you must learn to look at things more objectively, like myself and Brumback do. Not only are we perceived as logical thinkers, it also helps us in winning.:p:D

My bad, that would be like me asking you to grow a full head of hair.:)
Dr. Bill

Last edited: