I gave it a shot, but couldn't do it..

Banks

Verified Member
From
Portland, OR
After BCA was over last night, one of the better local players stopped in. I've been wanting to play some banks with somebody better and know that really good players tend to think they have the best of everything and are a bit easier to get into a game with. So I proceeded to set aside some cheap $10 9b to play some $20 short rack with the guy(played both by the rack, not sets).

The first couple of games he got me, I think he ran 5 the second rack. I was kinda bummed since that quickly took away the $30 I had from playing somebody else 9. I decided that getting a spot was in order and he agreed to give up 5-4. He broke open and I ran my 4. The next one I got 4-2 or 4-3, so I gave my spot up(probably a bad idea or just stupid). He won the next, I got the following and then he took me 3 in a row to close out the night.

Most were pretty close, so I don't feel terribly bad. Him playing 1P a lot was pretty evident, since most of his shots were rolled in. We also were playing on an 8', since when we started all of the big tables were taken in the downstairs area except those. The bad news was that I lost $30 overall, the okay news was that it was to a stronger player and the good news is that now I should be able to get a little more action. I'm not that good, I don't have much $ to blow, but I tried. :eek:

Jimmy B

Verified Member
After BCA was over last night, one of the better local players stopped in. I've been wanting to play some banks with somebody better and know that really good players tend to think they have the best of everything and are a bit easier to get into a game with. So I proceeded to set aside some cheap $10 9b to play some $20 short rack with the guy(played both by the rack, not sets).

The first couple of games he got me, I think he ran 5 the second rack. I was kinda bummed since that quickly took away the $30 I had from playing somebody else 9. I decided that getting a spot was in order and he agreed to give up 5-4. He broke open and I ran my 4. The next one I got 4-2 or 4-3, so I gave my spot up(probably a bad idea or just stupid). He won the next, I got the following and then he took me 3 in a row to close out the night.

Most were pretty close, so I don't feel terribly bad. Him playing 1P a lot was pretty evident, since most of his shots were rolled in. We also were playing on an 8', since when we started all of the big tables were taken in the downstairs area except those. The bad news was that I lost $30 overall, the okay news was that it was to a stronger player and the good news is that now I should be able to get a little more action. I'm not that good, I don't have much $ to blow, but I tried. :eek:

Yea you should have jacked up the bet when you first adjusted and gotten the spot and then never relinquished it. Told him to drop dead or play with the spot. If you had gotten the nose open, you may have scored...