Bank Pool Tournament (February 16th, 2013) @ Red Shoes Billiards (Illinois)

Red Shoes

Verified Member
From
Park Forest Illinois
Red Shoes Billiards will be hosting a "Bank Pool Tournament" on Saturday February 16th, 2013. This is a $50 entry fee (green fee included), ***$500 ADDED***(based on a full field), double elimination (race to 23 balls-both sides), One Day ("Iron Man") event. For Additional info. CONTACT: John Lavin @ Red Shoes Billiards, 12009 S. Pulaski Rd. Alsip, Illinois 60803 (tel. 708-388-3700 or website: redshoesbilliards.com)

Red Shoes

Verified Member
From
Park Forest Illinois
Freddie is right (as always)....anyhow they are Brunswick Gold Crown I's & II's with Simonis #860 HR cloth (green), Centennial balls (less than 6 months old) with Red Circle cue balls (6 months also), drop fluorescent lighting (4-eight foot bulbs). I have 4 tables behind velvet ropes that have tighter pockets (where most of the high end One Pocket takes place). The other tables have 4.5/8 th inch pockets.

Red Shoes

Verified Member
From
Park Forest Illinois
Pel....Freddie is right (again of course). Midway is 7 miles and O'Hare (or as the late REAL Mayor used to call it "O'Hara" Airport) is approx. 30 miles away. Most people make it from O'Hare in less than 40 minutes though (depending on traffic). Some guys have even flown into "Gary Indiana" which is only 30 minutes away....Hope to see you in February.

Pelican

Verified Member
From
Magnolia Springs, AL
Thanks for the info. I really can't plan that far in advance so I'll just say if it wiorks out where I can make it I will.

Later, Pel

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
One more thing, what is the nearest overnight accomodations? (something decent as my wife might be with me)

Thanks, Pel

Pel, you might want to think about adapting some form of my Speedo Bank Rules (posted on my site) that were put together to foil those really slow players who screw up the timing and duration of a tournament.
Beard

Pelican

Verified Member
From
Magnolia Springs, AL
Thanks Freddie, I'll take a look. If I only get locals slow play should not be a problem. None would be experienced bank players an would probably play 'wide open'.

Hope you had a wonderful day and wish you a happy, safe, and prosperous 2013

Later my friend, Pel

Pelican

Verified Member
From
Magnolia Springs, AL
Freddie, went to your site and could not find the speedo rules. What are they under?
Did get sucked into shopping though. Ya got me again.

Later, Pel

4Point

From
Bartlett, Illinois
John:

I'm gonna try to make enough noise in the tourney where people will be asking...'Where's this skinny sum bitch learn to shoot dem banks?' to which my response will be a shameless plug for Red Shoes and all of your glorious tournaments!

-David :cool:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Oh yea, didn't get an answer on lodging near Red Shoes. Can you recommend anything?

Pel

Pel....first time I read this thread...nobody answered you, so let me try and help you out.....Red Shoes is located in the Chicago suburb: Alsip, Il...I'm posting the Google page listing the nearby/Alsip motels - there's a Hilton, a Baymont, etc. - these are all a mile or two/approx. 10 minutes from the poolroom...hope this helps you out...here's the link ----->

- Ghost

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en...46.0j10j7-1.11.0.les;..0.0...1c.1.TxpmTF83rhM

Pelican

Verified Member
From
Magnolia Springs, AL
Thanks so much Ghost. Since I made the initial post about this I have learned that my son is going to be gone that weekend on something he had planned for some time. With two stores and just 5 of us only one person can be off at a time. Maybe if they do one later in the spring or early summer I could make it.

Thanks again, Pel