Does this Guy look like...

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
He has is having a "Hard" fought day of tournament play! Or, maybe the drugs wore off too soon! JK! ;)

Either way, it's a GREAT photo!

Gary Spaeth

View attachment 9992

Gary Gentry on left - Jose Parica on right...Coleman Slone left rail - Jimmy Reid left stands - Steve Mizerak in stands between Gary & Jose...

'86 Clyde Childress Memorial - Lexington, KY

Last edited:

oldspurguy

Verified Member
From
Beaumont, Texas
I don't see SJD? He must have been the winner of the winner's side and be resting in his room, sippin on a Yukon Jack.....right?

AndyB

Gary was one of my hero's growing up..I would have guessed that was Danny Medina on his right not jose...our right Gary's left

Last edited:

John Brumback

Verified Member
The guy clapping on the left is Gary Gentry. Strong bank player from Evansville,IN JB

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
Jose Parica is on Garys right not Danny Medina I see Tommy Kennedy in the background on the left and it looks like Larry Lisciotti next to him.

Ranmar

From
Chicago
Very cool photo.

A few nights ago I watched JB vs GS, DCC 1999. Accu-stats PPV...$4.95...hell yes :)

cuesmith

Verified Member
He has is having a "Hard" fought day of tournament play! Or, maybe the drugs wore off too soon! JK! ;)

Either way, it's a GREAT photo!

Gary Spaeth

View attachment 9992

Gary Gentry on left - Jose Parica on right...Coleman Slone left rail - Jimmy Reid left stands - Steve Mizerak in stands between Gary & Jose...

'86 Clyde Childress Memorial - Lexington, KY

Gary and I were "road partners" for many years including this tournament. He won the Bank division and did pretty well in the 9 ball not to mention the side action. He put Truman Hogue in a coma in their bank match (I don't think Truman made a ball that set. Gary banked 5&out the first 3 racks and then 4 on the 4th rack before catching the tit on his 5th ball cross side. Had he made the last bank, he would have ran the set which I don't believe has ever been done in a Bank pool tournament! Even if he was sleeping, he was the best banker on the planet at that time.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
I will never forget how much courage i thought gary had when i saw him at his last dcc.
I think he came straight from the hospital to finish the semi finals in the banks.
He lost the lag or flip and i think piggy never missed a shot .
It was amazing just to se him there as sick as i know he was, money can't buy that