Stream

Cory in dc

Verified Member
I was super-impressed by the endurance, insight, and execution of both players, and Mr. Newkirk is a real ray of sunshine. He has to be a good guy, because his daughter was watching him on the stream most of the time!

And congratulations to JTom, too. It could have very easily gone the other way!

ChicagoMike and Mitch were very good at commentating. The 1P commentary was A speed and the banter was Open level. Mike nailed the call on a rail first version of the standard long-rail/short rail 2-rail shot that I have to practice, and Newkirk drained the shot center pocket.

It was great to see/meet everyone!

Thanks to KY Bill and Goldie for the stream!

Cory

UPDATE. Also, great job by Matt and Liz on running the show and well done by Crabcat on the Calcutta! (Sorry for the oversight.)

Last edited:

keoneyo

Verified Member
Thank you KBill for the stream.
Great finals.
Would really like to see a rematch when both warriors are well rested.
Their games seem to complement one another with a good balance of
aggressiveness and smarts.
Congrats all.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Stream

Thanks Cory. We tried. A bit delirious with the time of day but it was a lot of fun. Mike had a lot of excellent insights.

chicagomike

Verified Member
I was super-impressed by the endurance, insight, and execution of both players, and Mr. Newkirk is a real ray of sunshine. He has to be a good guy, because his daughter was watching him on the stream most of the time!

And congratulations to JTom, too. It could have very easily gone the other way!

ChicagoMike and Mitch were very good at commentating. The 1P commentary was A speed and the banter was Open level. Mike nailed the call on a rail first version of the standard long-rail/short rail 2-rail shot that I have to practice, and Newkirk drained the shot center pocket.

It was great to see/meet everyone!

Thanks to KY Bill and Goldie for the stream!

Cory

UPDATE. Also, great job by Matt and Liz on running the show and well done by Crabcat on the Calcutta! (Sorry for the oversight.)

Thanks Cory... I had a blast and I have to thank Kentucky Bill for talking me into doing it. Mitch was right...a little bit delirious was the perfect description. Kentucky Bill really did a fantastic job with the commentating and was non-stop in the booth throughout the tournament. It was great to see you and looking forward to the next go 'round.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Kentucky Bill was thoroughly on top of the stream every day -- great job Bill!! But let's not forget Zach 'Goldy' Goldsmith, who made the entire stream possible by providing and setting up all the equipment and providing the technical/web expertise.

At the end of Sunday night (well, by then it was well into Monday morning), Zach was just getting started breaking down the stream equipment set-up -- so he was definitely the last man standing!

Thank you to all who contributed with commentary and of course the players!!

At least some (maybe all) of the matches will continue to be available via live.onepocket.org -- I believe free for a month and then $10 a month.

Attachments

• Chicago2017-6651.jpg
    Chicago2017-6651.jpg
    391.2 KB · Views: 0

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I hope everyone enjoyed the tournament as much as I did. It was easy to commentate these matches because all the players were so knowledgeable. When I got tired, turning it over to someone else was a no brainer. Where else can you go and find thirty two commentators? The whole thing was a blast.:eek: