hey dennis lovers what say you now ??

Tylerbob

Verified Member
From
Chandler Texas
One of those days when Dennis couldn't get going and every one of Tony's prayers was answered (including the final shot of the match).

OneRock

Verified Member
From
South Florida
That's how solid 1P is played. You move balls towards your hole, and good things happen more often than not.

One of those days when Dennis couldn't get going and every one of Tony's prayers was answered (including the final shot of the match).

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Tony showed how he plays when the score was 8-1. He took a flyer at a shot because he is too impatient to play grind it out play. He had better be more careful. When he is rolling like he is, he and Billy Thorpe would be exciting because neither plays safe. I am glad for him and I hope the rest of the match favors him. Why did POV take down the OP.Org logo?

OneRock

Verified Member
From
South Florida
I don't think he's too impatient at all. He beat Dennis to the punch and showed he can do it all: shoot, bank, move.

Tony showed how he plays when the score was 8-1. He took a flyer at a shot because he is too impatient to play grind it out play. He had better be more careful. When he is rolling like he is, he and Billy Thorpe would be exciting because neither plays safe. I am glad for him and I hope the rest of the match favors him. Why did POV take down the OP.Org logo?

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Tony is a master at what he does, and tonite he made this look like a bad match, but don't be surprised if he falls victim tomorrow to some 'uncontrolled aggression'. I thought that he got away with nearly all his daring shots, and tomorrow might be different. He puts a lot of balls in motion - pretty spooky game plan.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Tony is a master at what he does, and tonite he made this look like a bad match, but don't be surprised if he falls victim tomorrow to some 'uncontrolled aggression'. I thought that he got away with nearly all his daring shots, and tomorrow might be different. He puts a lot of balls in motion - pretty spooky game plan.

I agree, but he also got a couple of brutal scratches when making some sensational shots. Dennis just did not take advantage and missed some high percentage shots he usually makes.

I expect it will be closer tomorrow and the rest of the way.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I don't think he's too impatient at all. He beat Dennis to the punch and showed he can do it all: shoot, bank, move.

I am talking about his overall persona, not just today. Today he made some shots that made T-Rex famous. He has been picking out balls and stupendous shots for a long time. You were not watching the same game I was when he was behind 5-1 or something. Dennis had a ball near his hole and Tony went for a beginners flyer. He did not want to grind it out. Another example; Tony quit the nine ball because he didn't want to grind out the losers side. It is just the way he is, when things are going well, he goes with it, when its slow and a grind, see ya. I am talking about tournament mostly, you can't do that gambling. He has been like that since he first started, he loves the limelight of winning, the losing, grinding out in the shadows, not so much. I think we all have it in us, some more than others.
You should see Tony at the craps table. Whoo Whoo

Last edited:

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA
I don't love Dennis

I bet on him, was not a good bet.

I'll be making more bets tmr.

It's gambling, nothing to get emotional about(unless your new or have a gambling problem)

Good luck

J.R.

Verified Member
From
Chicago, Illinois
Yesterday's date was 7/11. Tony played the match like a guy playing "craps" who got a lot of good rolls. He's now up, would you believe, "7" games.

But he's coming back to the table and today's date is 7/12. Should he continue to play the "craps" game then there is a good chance that he rolls some "boxcars." Especially the way he performed in yesterday's last three racks (although he did win the last game). The format of the contest now favors Tony and it will be a grind for Dennis to "bust him out" over the next three days. Yet if there is anyone on the planet that can do it, it just might be "Dennis the Cooler."

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I am talking about his overall persona, not just today. Today he made some shots that made T-Rex famous. He has been picking out balls and stupendous shots for a long time. You were not watching the same game I was when he was behind 5-1 or something. Dennis had a ball near his hole and Tony went for a beginners flyer. He did not want to grind it out. Another example; Tony quit the nine ball because he didn't want to grind out the losers side. It is just the way he is, when things are going well, he goes with it, when its slow and a grind, see ya. I am talking about tournament mostly, you can't do that gambling. He has been like that since he first started, he loves the limelight of winning, the losing, grinding out in the shadows, not so much. I think we all have it in us, some more than others.
You should see Tony at the craps table. Whoo Whoo
Good assessment. That helps to explain how he can play with such abandon. And it seems like he's able to have that state of mind when gambling as well. I hope he wins it big!

~Doc

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Day one goes to Tony, as nearly everything he tried worked to perfection. When those wingdingers go in, he looks like a genius. When they don't, it's just a sell out against the best ball striker in one pocket. Our collective experience in one pocket points to them not going in on a regular basis and Tony will likely be taxed for recklessness.

Day 2 will tell the tale.

1pwannabe

Verified Member
Dennis seemed really off yesterday. Maybe it was a bad day for him and Tony just felt good, or maybe Dennis doesn't know Tony's game yet and is still struggling to find the method to contain him. Tony was really loose and it showed.

poolisboring

Verified Member
From
toledo
Day one goes to Tony, as nearly everything he tried worked to perfection. When those wingdingers go in, he looks like a genius. When they don't, it's just a sell out against the best ball striker in one pocket. Our collective experience in one pocket points to them not going in on a regular basis and Tony will likely be taxed for recklessness.

Day 2 will tell the tale.
i totally agree with you......

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I expect it to be much closer today. Tony just finished playing SVB on the Diamond and Dennis played on Gold Crowns all week.

If it all works for Tony today like it did yesterday, Dennis might be in a hole he can't get out of.

If anyone can rattle Dennis it is Tony. I hope he keeps it up. We watched it at Hard Times and since he is a homeboy who played out of there, we had a nice crowd rooting him in.